Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Username for UPC wireless modem Cisco EPC2425

• 15-11-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I recently had UPC broadband installed and wanted to change some setting. I set my browser to 192.168.1.1, hit submit with blank username and password and then changed the password on the next page as instructed. Now when I try to login I am being prompted for a username even though I never specified one or was requested to supply one.

I have tried the leaving it blank and the usual such as 'admin' but no luck.

Anybody experience the same out there and know what I should use for the user-name?

*** Can we please stay on topic and not get into a side discussion on UPC or their choice of modems - Thank you ****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm having the same problem, never asked for a username just a password, tried my account number and stuff but not working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Can you not just do a hard reset on the router to restore factory settings and start again making sure you enter a user name as well as a password.

Have you tried User or user as the user name, Admin as well admin and Administrator as well as administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Leave username blank and use the password underneath the router/modem

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cavanman

Yeah, I have tried all the usual suspects but no joy.

Thanks for the suggestion about doing a hard reset.

I would be very grateful if somebody who has already done a hard reset could reassure me that it won't wipe UPC specific settings. Don't fancy spending hours on the phone to UPC and paying for a service engineer to call.

Tried leaving it blank but no joy there either

• Advertisement

Well I have just done a hard reset and leaving the username and password blank lets me access the router settings again. Can't see anything about a username in the setup though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Thanks vibe666 - very much appreciated...

Advertisement