Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Shane_ef wrote: »
    What's the story with glow sticks, for lighting "secured" buildings at night, or lighting doors and stairs to help spot any Mysterious people trying to sneak up on you, i know some Irish retailer sells them but can't for the life of me find them.
    I'd be careful with colours, as red ones typically designate 'out of bounds' areas, and green will be issued (If he does it again) for dead players, probably best to ask on the forum for cc3, or email / pm Ian himself to check before you drop money on ones you may not be allowed to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

What's the story with glow sticks, for lighting "secured" buildings at night, or lighting doors and stairs to help spot any Mysterious people trying to sneak up on you, i know some Irish retailer sells them but can't for the life of me find them.

Cyalume sticks can be picked up fairly cheap from ebay or any half decent surplus store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Ebay is your best bet, camping and airsoft shops charge a ridiculous markup, get together with a few of your mates and get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jack s

Hi
    Sorry I have to pull out of this event, no offence to anyone, I need to decide now how I spend my Easter break, family etc.
    best of luck.

Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

jack s wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry I have to pull out of this event, no offence to anyone, I need to decide now how I spend my Easter break, family etc.
    best of luck.

Jack

If you are canceling your place because of rumours here that the event is not taking place you really should hold your horses. I got in touch directly with the organisers a couple of weeks ago as people had phoned me repeating these rumours and the event is 100% still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jack s

If you are canceling your place because of rumours here that the event is not taking place you really should hold your horses. I got in touch directly with the organisers a couple of weeks ago as people had phoned me repeating these rumours and the event is 100% still on.

Cheers Chief
    Ahh I'm sure the event is taking place, numbers are the issue. I just need to make a plan re Easter with her in doors..am I going to Senny or with the family..you know. Its risk management..
    Jack

jack s wrote: »
    Cheers Chief
    Ahh I'm sure the event is taking place, numbers are the issue. I just need to make a plan re Easter with her in doors..am I going to Senny or with the family..you know. Its risk management..
    Jack

I get ya.

For anyone else worried about numbers from what I was led to believe the CDF numbers were fine. Chedaki numbers were a bit low but the Chedaki commander was in no way worried. No idea on Napa. But no one should be worried about there not being enough to play a great game.
    As I recall the Chedaki numbers at part 1 were pretty low as well and it all worked out well.

The numbers we have for this game actually will make it BETTER. yes, there is just under half that booked for Copehill, but sennybridge is a bit smaller, and the low numbers will make the event even more atmospheric.

Too many will make things crampt, and end up with fighting for the same street, in the same buildings all day as has happened before.

These numbers are ideal really, more movement, more objectives, and more fun!

As Ive said perviously, numbers stand at 80CDF, 10 Napa, and 60 Chedaki. Considering the teams roles, those are ideal sizes.
    If you're concerned about anything Jack, please feel free to ask. We all want to see everyone go and have a great time, and if anyone here can reduce your worries, we will try!

Played on a side of 5 once at sennybridge myself, it actually worked so much better.
    teams ended up 50, 40, and 5 at one point, and being able to sneak through the town without meeting a platoon at every corner allowed ambushes to be set up, snipers to move around, and flanking manouvres. The game felt far more alive, plus, the cues for the burger van was shorter! Faster coffee... what more reason is there to go? :D

To anyone unsure, This game is heavily story lead, with lots of objectives and set pieces. Its not just a big skirmish at a cool site, its a very involved fun experience. Ask any of the folks that have been before and they will wholeheartedly agree. These are worth attending, because not much else in airsoft comes close to being as cinematic and involved.

I'm way more worried about crazy rumours here and at sites discouraging people from going than I am about any possibility that the guys at TA might make anything but a brilliant job of the event.

What sort of rumours are springing up? Im suprised sites are disuading people from going... that just sounds bad form, or misinformation by accident (as i guess most things are)
    I mean, what else besides 'its canceled, oh noes'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Firekitten wrote: »

As Ive said perviously, numbers stand at 80CDF, 10 Napa, and 60 Chedaki. Considering the teams roles, those are ideal sizes.
    If you're concerned about anything Jack, please feel free to ask. We all want to see everyone go and have a great time, and if anyone here can reduce your worries, we will try!

The numbers just prove that multiglam is for posers and the "in" crowd biggrin.gif
    I'm kidding..... possibly :p

I know!

Heck, Even I'm looking on multicam more favourably since MTP arrived....
    (I'm kidding)

(or am I?) :confused:

I'd like to think the team choices are aliances with the sides on character, rather than a Camo choice. I've been with Chedaki forces sinces the first one I went to. Viva la revolution!

When I say "on sites" I am in no way suggesting that anyone actually involved in those sites is spreading rumours - I'm talking about the usual chit chat going on in the safe zone and the wild rumours that seem to have popped up on this thread. As far as I have seen any site owners which I have spoken to are actually going themselves and in a few cases are organising the transport for large groups so have a vested interest in the whole thing being a success.

I just hope people read the posts by yourself, myself, and others who have said, for certain, this is going ahead. They seem to somehow miss it.... *checks to see if her text font is camo*

I just hope people read the posts by yourself, myself, and others who have said, for certain, this is going ahead. They seem to somehow miss it.... *checks to see if her text font is camo*

Yeah, I had noticed that. There was a bit of panic a couple of weeks ago. A load of people make comments to allay those fears... things went quiet... then all of a sudden people forget about them and it all starts over again.

I know!

Heck, Even I'm looking on multicam more favourably since MTP arrived....
    (I'm kidding)

(or am I?):confused:

I'd like to think the team choices are aliances with the sides on character, rather than a Camo choice. I've been with Chedaki forces sinces the first one I went to. Viva la revolution!

I'm not a massive fan of "communist insurgencies", but I like the idea of having a go at the "establishment" and their rifle-toting "yes men", so feck it gangster Chedaki 'till I die. We're all playing characters on the day, which is just so much more fun than a day out skirmishing (I would think). I may need to develop a dodgy Russian sounding name... and maybe have another go at a 'tache. Movember was yonks ago. Ahem.

And I don't see the allure of multicam. Personal preference and whatnot. It's great, in some respects. But it's not Flecktarn or, my absolute all-time favourite (due to millions of childhood memories),"32 Battalion 1st Pattern Recce Wing camo"(google it).

Bring the pain :D

Well Im not a huge fan, but it does work in some places, I wear a few Mc pouches on my sniper beltkit to disrupt things, a few splodges of it works nicely. Through foliage its very unobtrusive... but this is off topic!

You have the right idea. At the end of the day, this is an experience. We get out what we put in. A little fun 'playing up the role' makes things more interesting. If we wanted to just have a regular skirmish, we could do it for a lot less money, no?
    Dont have to all weild aks, and dodgy names ending in ski and ov, but everyone can get a little into the mentality, and it makes things so different on the ground.

Last time, we had a massive firefight to defend out CP against the US marines. We really got into the 'alamo' 'last stand of the rebelion' feel to things... when the marines pulled out, we were jubilant. We werent just fighting for an objective... to 'win' a round. We had won a victory for the chedaki... defended against the invaders... it sounds daft, but we meant it at the time.

We need to stop looking at this as a case of 'what can I get out of this for how much'
    and ask, 'what can i get out of this, if i put myself into it?'

We need to stop looking at this as a case of 'what can I get out of this for how much'
    and ask, 'what can i get out of this, if i put myself into it?'

Precisely!
    As I've pointed out previously, this will be my first outing into the airsoft world, and I'm looking to have an arse-load of fun without having to resort to spray-n-pray, teenaged, testosterone fuelled silliness. Like Gerrowadat said in reply to my first post "Take it serious like", which I plan to, with a fat smile on my gob :D

I'm already having trouble sleeping, from thinking about it all...

I think its great new people are experiencing the more active side of airsoft. The more new players we get joining in the fun, the better every day airsoft will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have to agree that with events like this you get out of it what you put it, if you invest in the theme the back story and go with it you improve the experience for everyone

all events need players to be invested it is not simply a case of turn up and all is there for you, the best events I've been to are the ones where the players are the most invested and have a interest in back ground story and theme, numbers had very little to do with it

if you do not become invested it just another skirmish in buildings, sometimes being invested means you play in character ( yes i know it sounds corney but its true ) you may put yourself at a disadvantage but by having an eye on the on going story and over all theme can really enrich the experience of everyone attending the event

its not about winning its about the experience, well that my view anyway :)

• Advertisement

Are you revising your role as General Hospital for this one Pud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

heeeeoooooorrrr this bleeeeeeedin event goin ahead or whaaaa

if i dont know by 20:00 im not goin and goin to get me toys and throw them out the pram :pac::pac::pac:

guuuwann senny mad ferrrr it

I think that's Moggser's own way of saying hes excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dont know if its better with smaller numbers, irish sites yeah maybe.

But I go to these events to get a sense of immersion and that "epic" feel of being part of a much larger movement, and there being mutiple objectives and pushes happening at any one time.

80 v 60 seems a bit lobsided but thats still the guts of 8 sections v 6 sections

I definitly like the larger scale games because of the command structure and just being apart of something big.

Then again, it looks like if I'm outnumbered 80 v 60, just means more kills for me in fairness ;)

one of the guys helping out ian a few games ago had a great take on numbers in events, from his experience both small and large work and both ends are better than the middle as the middle can just turn into a stalemate

low number - you can not hold all the builds you have to move and focus on objectives and you do not have enough bodys to cover ever angle, command in some regards can be even more important as you have no margin for error

large number - you need enough numbers to be able to hold but also have people left over to go out and attack, if your in the middle with not enough people you end up being able to hold a lot of buildings but not bodys to attack so becomes a stalemate

personally i;ve had my best game with about 60 ish a side, and being outnumbered is not normally a problem, these are not skirmish games and body count does not normally count, a good organizer can work out any imbalance with objectives, and also i;ve found from experience that normally everyone is not always playing so balance after the first 4 or 5 hours is always swing back and forth

TheDoc wrote: »

Then again, it looks like if I'm outnumbered 80 v 60, just means more kills for me in fairness ;)
    Fighting for the valiant revolution then eh?

I agree... As I badly misquote an American 101st paratrooper Colonel during the Battle of the Bulge...

"They have us surrounded again.... The poor bastards."

Always outnumbered, never outgunned... Bring the pain you tan buggers! you'll need it.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You also have to remember that there is only 10 on the NAPA side.

So you are all bejollixed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »

That price for one? :eek:

I know SE Airsoft have one offering around the same price (actually €1 cheaper), but it's not a run-of-the-mill offering of which they have quite a few for far less again.

Linkage.

Actually a bit cheaper than the great outdoors that flog them around the €1.50 mark if I recall.

• Advertisement

yay for airsoft tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Puding wrote: »
    yay for airsoft tax

I fear for the day when a multicam coloured snapstick is produced ....:p

Pretty sure Fayer must have a couple left over from the like 500 he bought for the first PR trip.

I still have about 20 out in the shed from PR3

I have about 30 Cyalume sticks around the place, gotta love US Army & Navy Stores. Some of them are out of date but still glow for way over double the 8, 10 or 12 hours spec..

On topic questions, whats the story with first aid at the event?

Yeah, if you're paying more than 50c each or so for glowstick, ur doin it rong lolz.

Stewie, there are trained first aid marshals at the event, although they're always happy for volunteers.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you're paying more than 50c each or so for glowstick, ur doin it rong lolz.

Stewie, there are trained first aid marshals at the event, although they're always happy for volunteers.

Ahh right, thanks mate. (Don't think a bit of blue on blue won't happen if the name Stewie is thrown around again:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

In my defence I hadn't looked around because I wasn't planning to get them. He just asked what Irish retailers sell them and I happened to be on that site earlier and remembered seeing them....
    But point taken they're a little pricey:rolleyes:

With regards to first aid. Ian has first aiders on site. If you want to offer your services, Email him, and make sure you have doccumentry certification valid in the UK that his insurance can cover.

If you want to enquire about the availability... there is one sure way. fall over, and wait. :D

(only kidding, there will be a paramedic on site iirc.)

With regards to first aid. Ian has first aiders on site. If you want to offer your services, Email him, and make sure you have doccumentry certification valid in the UK that his insurance can cover.

If you want to enquire about the availability... there is one sure way. fall over, and wait. :D

(only kidding, there will be a paramedic on site iirc.)

Can attest to this, being awesome pulled my thigh and hamstring, some bloke gave me funky looking pills, I woke up about 13 hours later.

Unreal sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Pretty sure Fayer must have a couple left over from the like 500 he bought for the first PR trip.

I still have about 20 out in the shed from PR3

We used all of the that trip! When holding the top floor of building 10 throughout the night it was raining blue glow sticks to the floor below so we could watch the stairs, best siege ever!

• Advertisement

Can attest to this, being awesome pulled my thigh and hamstring, some bloke gave me funky looking pills, I woke up about 13 hours later.

Unreal sleep!

Yeah, uh, about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Unreal sleep!

Doc, were they oval, green tablets?

Unreal sleep!
    That wasnt the medic Doc.... *puts hand on shoulder*

I hope he atleast told you you were pretty :P

Looking through old photos and vids, noticed one I hadn't uploaded before.

Just to get people in the mood again...

Nice Ger! Love the radio chatter over the fire missions going in... Could have almost been real apart from the bimbling in the foreground lol.

Yeah, uh, about that.

nah lads its grand, he kept in touch and gives me a bag every week for a few bob, says i need to keep taking them to keep the pani away....

Hes a mate like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

Unreal sleep!
    was that not at last years oxygen festival doc..????:D

nah lads its grand, he kept in touch and gives me a bag every week for a few bob, says i need to keep taking them to keep the pani away....

Hes a mate like...

yes.....yes i am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

just a heads up guys there is still a few places left on the rats bus if anyone is up for it. luxery coach with reclining heat leather seats, onboard entertainment , personal masseuss, beer, biscuits and a complimentary shoulder and ego massage provided by bettyblue.
    ;)
    jayysus i cant stop watching videos of this now.

Ratsquad wrote: »
    just a heads up guys there is still a few places left on the rats bus if anyone is up for it. luxery coach with reclining heat leather seats, onboard entertainment , personal masseuss, beer, biscuits and a complimentary shoulder and ego massage provided by bettyblue.
    ;)
    jayysus i cant stop watching videos of this now.

Videos of Senny or of BettyBlue dishing out free "ego" massages? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement