Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Apologies for the above. I couldn't resist :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Videos of Senny or of BettyBlue dishing out free "ego" massages? :D

Dont Worry There Will be that many Ego's over there The Que will be that long, i Wont get a Chance to Play LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

On topic questions, whats the story with first aid at the event?

Last time there were two guys on duty the whole weekend... Fully equipped - Oxy, stretcher, AED, the whole 9 yards. They were absolutely top class.

The most serious injury was a twisted knee, but those guys were ready for a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Orbat is up for CDF in TA events forum
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=920&pid=8275&st=0&#entry8275
    Min 165 players possibly 200 some still to confirm
    Roll on Senny!

cobra 08 wrote: »
    Orbat is up for CDF in TA events forum
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=920&pid=8275&st=0&#entry8275
    Min 165 players possibly 200 some still to confirm
    Roll on Senny!

Ugh!! Totally useless for those of us who've not received forum passwords :(
    Hell, I've not even received confirmation of payment, but I suppose Ian has been busy like.

-EDIT : Yes, I realise this is not for Chedaki, but the reasoning is sound :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Email Ian, may have been a computer SNAFU :)

Dropped him a PM over at TA forums regarding it. Mailed TA helpdesk address regarding it already a while back, but received no reply as yet.

Posted a note on relevant page on TA forums too, just to be safe ;)

I saw, Give him time, hes only one man, and hes at work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Sorry lads ive just cancelled , i cant go due to work, cant get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

tears man!

Sorry to lose you Audie, Work sucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

18 more sleeps till game on and im looking forward to it.....erm ....is it still on?

lions-happy-face.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Its still on and we are going out in style...

Mate Sorry to Hear That:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

ah jaysus you...bailor.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ratsquad wrote: »
    bailor

25cents please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Let the countdown begin!!

2weeks.png

If you don't recognise this you live a sad existence!

One of the greatest movies of all time....well after commando of course :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

effingon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

New Signature for some motivation :D:D

Typical with boards, everyone's gone off early :P

2 weeks is yonks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

It may be yonks, but it's close enough for work to throw me a complete motherfecker of a curve ball.
    I'm going to have to back out folks.

I'd been thinking about this since the majority of my section had to back out, and finally last week I'd said 'screw it', I may not even be able to go next year if I leave Ireland as planned, so now's my last chance. Booked ferries and mentally locked and loaded.

Cue arriving into the office yesterday to find that the week before this I have to travel to Russia and there's no way I'll be back in Zurich before Saturday morning, meaning that it's impossible to get back to Ireland, pick up gear and get on a ferry before this kicks off. That work are reimbursing me for my ferry is little consolation when the entire point of getting said ferry was to kick it awesome style in Sennybridge and to finally get to meet (and shoot at) a load of people I've been throwing abuse at here on boards for ages!

Enjoy it guys - I don't know what stings more, that I've spent the last couple of months gearing up for this (seriously - the crap in the airsoft crap room has doubled!) and now won't get to use it, or that next year when Ian is going to be back up with TA again, I'll be permanently based abroad and won't be as flexible to just get home and kit up to go out airsofting, making it highly unlikely that I'll be able to go next year either.

A very sicked Despot - platoon 2 section 3 that never was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Enjoy it guys - I don't know what stings more, that I've spent the last couple of months gearing up for this (seriously - the crap in the airsoft crap room has doubled!) and now won't get to use it, or that next year when Ian is going to be back up with TA again, I'll be permanently based abroad and won't be as flexible to just get home and kit up to go out airsofting, making it highly unlikely that I'll be able to go next year either.

Sorry to hear that MD; with a year ahead to figure it all out you could look at leaving some kit in a more convenient place for yourself so that you can travel more easily. For example (albeit on a more minor level) I'm contemplating leaving an AEG and a small bit of kit back in Ireland so if I fly home (cheaper than ferry) I can head off and skirmish without really needing to plan ahead too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Lemming wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that MD; with a year ahead to figure it all out you could look at leaving some kit in a more convenient place for yourself so that you can travel more easily. For example (albeit on a more minor level) I'm contemplating leaving an AEG and a small bit of kit back in Ireland so if I fly home (cheaper than ferry) I can head off and skirmish without really needing to plan ahead too much.

Cheers dude - the problem is that my folks live in Wexford, so as soon as I leave Dublin (and have to give up my apartment) then I have the logistical issue of needing to get down to the SE to pick up gear before going anywhere. I think I might convince one of my mates to store a 'go to' bag of essentials in one of their places. I'll figure it out someway man - where there's a will (and a need) there's usually a way.
    Just not for the 25th...

Merry I'm sorry to hear that you can't make it.
    Have never met you yet but as you had mentioned I too was looking forward to putting faces to peeps here on boards.

Hope that things work out for you and again sorry you can't make it bro.

FK 2 weeks will fly by as I sit here with all my gear on giggling like a school girl!:p Hehehehe that's my giggle by the way.

Seems like only yesterday that I was booking this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Mission brief is up for CDF on the TA forum.

*DOBBY* wrote: »

I Guest were starting the Attack!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

*DOBBY* wrote: »

Copy and paste it here would ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

spy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Boddahboy

Is it too late to try and get in on this? How to you book for NAPA on the TA Events site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I do not think napa is available any more due to the change in venue, places are still available for chedaki i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Puding wrote: »
    , places are still available for chedaki i believe

Thats cos no one whats to wear plain auld green, everyone wants the gucci tan ;)

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Puding wrote: »
    I do not think napa is available any more due to the change in venue, places are still available for chedaki i believe

Are you sure they're on the misson details???:confused:

I was thinking that too, but there's been activity in the NAPA private forum on the 29th March, well after the announcement of the change in venue... Although the lack of an option on the website certainly leans towards them being culled alright.

I'll look into joining the Reds so.

Why do I always leave things till the last minute...? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

sorry i meant that they do not appear on the book page even as a sold out faction so imagine ian does not want any more signing up for that role if he is still going to use it

ian may still be looking to use some napa guys if they transfered from the original event i would have no idea

Yeah but the CDF is fully booked and they still appear.

I posted a question in the TA forum too just to see if I get a reply.

From what I can tell, the Nappa slappas are still in the game.

But I hear it's all canceled lads! :rolleyes::rolleyes::pac::pac:

I heard that too. Pity it's cancelled.

(hweh hweh hweh)
    Firekitten wrote: »
    From what I can tell, the Nappa slappas are still in the game.

But I hear it's all canceled lads! :rolleyes::rolleyes::pac::pac:

Show us First Stevie:rolleyes::p;)

• Advertisement

he shows you his, you show him yours?

Very deliverance.:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Anyone who is travelling with us on the Boozy Boogie Bus to Senny, it will be at the 'Quick Park' on the old airport road (just beside the Carlton Hotel). Roryk1 has arranged a €5 per night rate for anyone who wants to leave their car there.Thanks Rory.
    Meet up time for 06:00 Friday. (make sure to bring photo I.D., for the ferry etc , just in case )

And we will be dropped back to the same spot for about 06:00 Monday morning.
    Its Irish Ferries for anyone that needs to know.Make sure all guns are in bags or cases.
    Thanks.

cheers damo.

oh and anyone travelling will be delighted to know i have yet another classic set of sound tracks for all to by mindphucked by... literally :)

for example ...

*cough*

MindPhuck wrote: »
    cheers damo.

oh and anyone travelling will be delighted to know i have yet another classic set of sound tracks for all to by mindphucked by... literally :)

for example ...

*cough*

JAYSUS!!!

Paddy, any space on the RATS bus???!!!:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Thank christ I'm not on that bus. I had enough of your tunes in your car on the way over there last year Eric! Jaysus, the noise.

Thank christ I'm not on that bus. I had enough of your tunes in your car on the way over there last year Eric! Jaysus, the noise.
    Fabio, dammnit man, it sure beat your nana mouskouri stuff you were parping out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Dude, that was Rage Against the Machine!

Dude, that was Rage Against the Machine!

Now you're talking some RATM to get us in the Chedaki destroying mood!!
    hahahahaha!!

Queue the onslaught of Chedaki / Nappy:D propagandist retorts!!!:p

fairy enough fabio, rage against the machine it is ! damn, have some o that chedaki :P

just to digress a little, but here, is it me or does anyone else think shes hot ? :)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLwCKQivCwQJ-gWYl9tU250DI5_NBQM8CNBvaRzdg9u440WNezFg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Guys not to interrupt yer discussion on the finner parts of psy-ops.. but does anyone know what airsoft supplier is going to be on site

Shane, check out TA's website.

Airsoft Skirmish will be there.

Email: sales@airsoftskirmish.co.uk

Or phone them direct on 0776 4587410.

Or you can order online through their website at http://www.airsoftskirmish.co.uk.

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement