Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Epic Weekend, loved it.

Firstly thanks to the R.A.T.S for the lift over and back that coach journey was interesting to say the least :rolleyes:

Being very new to airsoft, this was an awesome experience, i've never experienced anything like it, but hopefully i will a lot more, for the moment the game started it was non stop fun, moving through the woods and then building to building with FSG, just loved every moment of it, the tactics team work, them moving to the operators section was just brilliant, mental, lads cheers for letting me tag along for the rest of the game, serious operators (see what i did there :D:o ) running into the Tigers lads ye are nuts, where do i sign up haha, then the night time, i've never know darkness like that it was nuts could barely see each other nevermind building walls, but raiding buildings, clearing building after building including the CDF CP and maybe capturing a few jellybabies ;), holding 15 with the cork lads all class... i just didn't want to stop or sleep, in fact i only slept because i went to my gear for some food and slipped off to sleep for a hour and a half, woke up of a shot and out again, for more war. We were very well run, never without a job, and if you were for some strange reason just ask Paps and he always had something for you.

List for next time more more pyro...

Thanks Ian & co., Paps, and every airsofter for a Brilliant experience

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

[ TA Events ] The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3 [ CP Life ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

That's a class bit of video. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Good pics, gutted I missed it.

Hope we get dates for the next one soon so I can book time off 'work'.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Here's a few more photos of CC3 not great (cause im not in any! :D) but sure there ya go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Good photos, thanks.

The National Flag goes on the left arm, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

cheers man, not sure i understand you on the national flag bit tho :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You'll get chance to practice... Don't make any plans for September folks.

Offical news just in, Obama is American, Osama has Bin Bagged, CC4 is coming.

Oh hell yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Firekitten wrote: »
    You'll get chance to practice... Don't make any plans for September folks.

Offical news just in, Obama is American, Osama has Bin Bagged, CC4 is coming.

Old news .....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to ponder on that one

jeawan wrote: »
    Old news .....;)
    The news that it is Deffinately on, for the 9th-11th of September, 36 hour event, Sennybridge, is old?

You must have a synaptic wire tap on Ian's brain ;)

What's to ponder Doc? Or is this a 'what to wear' ponder? :P You'll be there. :P Your lot's brand of 'radio procedure' kept me giggling all weekend :P Would be dull without you lot.

Meh one we just had was a great sending off for the year, hate to think if this next one was rubbish...

I'll see what the deal is closer to the event like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Here we go again, come on Doc it wouldnt be the same without you and the boy's :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

TheDoc wrote: »
    Meh one we just had was a great sending off for the year, hate to think if this next one was rubbish...

I'll see what the deal is closer to the event like

Hope Your Not Bailing on us DOC:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

The news that it is Deffinately on, for the 9th-11th of September, 36 hour event, Sennybridge, is old?

You must have a synaptic wire tap on Ian's brain ;)

What's to ponder Doc? Or is this a 'what to wear' ponder? :P You'll be there. :P Your lot's brand of 'radio procedure' kept me giggling all weekend :P Would be dull without you lot.

Nope no wiretap but i did have from Ian

CC4 - 10/11 Spetember at Sennybridge is a GO GO GO... so not sure if it is 24hr or 36hr :S either or happy days

jeawan wrote: »
    Nope no wiretap but i did have from Ian

CC4 - 10/11 Spetember at Sennybridge is a GO GO GO... so not sure if it is 24hr or 36hr :S either or happy days

Is this official?

Is this official?

Yes it is.................:D

Its official. Prebooking thread soon, booking July.
    its confirmed now only 24 hour only, because people are pussies.

so friday 9th, arrive, sat 10th game on, sun 11th, endex. Better book monday off anyway lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Is this official?

Nothing is comfirmed until either the TA site is updated or Ian posts.

• Advertisement

It is confirmed actually - booking opens on the 10th of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Nothing is comfirmed until either the TA site is updated or Ian posts.
    Why so negative? This isn't the only place Ian posts it's confirmed by Ian
    As chief dub said. And the jeawans post is Ian words on Facebook. :rolleyes:
    You didn't believe people when they told you the no's where good for CCIII and turned out to be epic weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

cobra 08 wrote: »
    Why so negative? This isn't the only place Ian posts it's confirmed by Ian
    As chief dub said. And the jeawans post is Ian words on Facebook. :rolleyes:
    You didn't believe people when they told you the no's where good for CCIII and turned out to be epic weekend.
    Well I can't speak for AlternateID, but I agree with him. And my reasons are until I see a post from Ian or an updated website I'm not going to believe that this event is a go. As rumors spiral out of control so fast on here (on the internet in general) its not even funny.How many times was CC3 apparently cancelled?

And yes CC3 was a great weekend, but as far as I know the numbers were sh!t (At least sh!t compared to what they were expecting for the event). Why do you think they had to do all that reorganising before game on.

So what you might call negative others might call realistic. And even if it is on you can't do sh!t about it till the website is updated anyway...

But I really do hope it is on, although I hope more that I can actually afford to go to the damn thing. I've checked facebook and saw nothing, so I think I'll wait for Ian before getting my hopes up or organising any plans.

Also gotta agree with FireKitten a 36 hour event woulda been way more awesome.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Well I can't speak for AlternateID, but I agree with him. And my reasons are until I see a post from Ian or an updated website I'm not going to believe that this event is a go. As rumors spiral out of control so fast on here (on the internet in general) its not even funny.How many times was CC3 apparently cancelled?

And yes CC3 was a great weekend, but as far as I know the numbers were sh!t (At least sh!t compared to what they were expecting for the event). Why do you think they had to do all that reorganising before game on.

So what you might call negative others might call realistic. And even if it is on you can't do sh!t about it till the website is updated anyway...

But I really do hope it is on, although I hope more that I can actually afford to go to the damn thing. I've checked facebook and saw nothing, so I think I'll wait for Ian before getting my hopes up or organising any plans.

Also gotta agree with FireKitten a 36 hour event woulda been way more awesome.
    The numbers were actually pretty perfect... 150 or so at senny makes it IDEAL. They lost people because of the date change forced by the MOD and site chance. Senny cant handle the numbers cdv could.
    The rumours bit was hilarous... all the people in the know, said 'yes, its on' and the randomers all came out with 'omg am canceled!'

no, theres no point booking ferries or making plans, its months off. Even if it is, and booked, save booking ferries till closer to a change cant sting you if it happens. Remember Ian gets access to these sites because the MOD lets him, and airsoft companies when they arent in use... military units get priority, and even then, regular units trump reserve, reserve trump cadets... cadets trump airsofters. (sad that)
    Prebooking opens in 3 weeks. Wait till then before getting super excited. I know I am anyway :P not a chance I'd miss this.

Of note: its being said CC3 veterans get priority booking for this, 'open booking' ie didnt attend cc3 book a month after I think he said, as this is essentially a 'rematch' because Ian is a sore loser and got his ass handed to him :P

I'd sure love to see everyone down again and the same agression and sportsmanship CC3 had. Gotta understand, huge numbers does not an awesome game make. The people do, and with that village, less is more. Otherwise it turns into a house to house stalemate. (and has before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Have too agree with FK there. I know some shuffling was done @ CC3 but sh*t no's ??? I don't think so:confused: if there where anymore the weekend could've turned into a Sunday skirmish.

As far as believing if it's on or not, sure that's up to yourself but I'm just happy Ian has decided to at least try to get another event up and running this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Blimey...looks like I have just joined a heated conversation.

I want to firstly apologise for the partial intel being published. The first indications that CC4 was a go was on the private facebook pages. It was then my intent to up date the public TA Events facebook page along with the website and forum, but alas I got sidelined at work dealing with a live website issues.

So I shall confirm it here and now that CC4 is clear to go on the 10/11 September 2011 at Sennybridge.

I can also confirm that it is a 24 hour game, and the reasons for this are two fold. 1. The game worked perfectly well with all the features we had, and I do not want to introduce significant risk by introducing another 12 hours in to the game. 2. I want to offer a training package for the Friday and Saturday morning. I know this was planned for the CC3 but we lost our instructors when the date changed.

With regards to the numbers. We had 173 players at CC3 and in my opinion, that makes for perfect numbers. The original CDV game was advertised at 250 and we ended up selling 350 tickets. I always knew I need to drop 150 players, but it ended up a fraction more.

So was the numbers sh*t. Absolutely not.

So in summary:

CC4 has the green light
    On the 10/11 September 2011
    At Sennybridge
    For a 24 hour event
    Available to 200 players
    With a purchasable training package

I will get the other areas of communication updated as soon as possible.

What will the training package consist of?

Basic battle drills, such as section attacks, room to room clearance, basic defensive tactics.

Basically all the stuff you need to know for a Airsoft related urban combat environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

The numbers were actually pretty perfect... 150 or so at senny makes it IDEAL. They lost people because of the date change forced by the MOD and site chance. Senny cant handle the numbers cdv could.
    The rumours bit was hilarous... all the people in the know, said 'yes, its on' and the randomers all came out with 'omg am canceled!'

Well I wasnt comparing Senny and Copehill. They're two completely different sites and I know full well Senny couldn't handle the numbers Copehill could. When did I even meantion Copehill? confused.gif
    I just found the rumours annoying, but that was just me.
    And of course more people don't mean better games, this isn't CoD.

And please re-read the bit in brackets regarding sh!t numbers. I was told when I asked staff at the event there were a little over 130 people at the event. And there was 200 tickets on sale. To me theres a bit of a different there. Hence why I said as far as I know.........
    I have since been corrected by Ian himself. So the point is now invalid, and I see little point in continuing on the subject :D.

This, heated? You don't know boards :p.

• Advertisement

Sorry Dreadlock, I wasnt having a go at you, more expanding on points a few had mentioned including you...

And erp :P Didn't mean to 'reveal' intel, figured it was good to go when it went on the facebooks.... :o

It was good to go Rachael :)

It was just unfortunate that I got caught up with work issues which preventing me from updating the other areas. So people were right to be confused and critical over the reliability of the news.

But all is good now. FB has been updated, the forums have been updated and so has the main site. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

for sale or rent one Moggser very good condish for CC4

will run riot in senny leave mogified shapes in buildings 22 15 and 7

will brap any motha ****a at ease

will sleep when tired

will go all night ;)

love's pyro and all things that go bang

is looking for a handler with GSOH and will feed him

****IN NEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD EH!!!!!!!!!

Who's got Moggser's pills?

Pills take Moggies ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Yet again i'll miss another Senny trip. If I survive Amsterdam and Berlin I should be on a train to Krakow by then. Or leaving Krakow and and making my way to budapest, I forget the plan already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Yet again i'll miss another Senny trip. If I survive Amsterdam and Berlin I should be on a train to Krakow by then. Or leaving Krakow and and making my way to budapest, I forget the plan already.. be getting deported.

Fixed that for you. Incidentally, Budapest is awesome.

Who's got Moggser's pills?

Slimming Pills:D;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Betty Blue wrote: »

Ahem... "Hey pot, you're black!"... bwahahaha :D

you watch your ****ing mouth

moggser wrote: »
    you watch your ****ing mouth
    Isn't that the problem in the first place? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Isn't that the problem in the first place? :pac::pac:

Can you clarifey on whom. You are trying.to to insult or get a reaction from because the way I read this it me to whom your getting at you guessed it I did take. Offence to that
    The way I did to the other post by the other portly gentleman above.
    Who like others love to keyboard insult but wont have the cobblers to
    Insult to face as I'd Rip his bollox off....period

Clarrified ;)

Can you clarifey on whom. You are trying.to to insult or get a reaction from because the way I read this it me to whom your getting at you guessed it I did take. Offence to that
    The way I did to the other post by the other portly gentleman above.
    Who like others love to keyboard insult but wont have the cobblers to
    Insult to face as I'd Rip his bollox off....period

God Moggser You Really Take thing to Heart LOLbiggrin.gif
    I taught you'd be a lot Thick Skinned then That:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

leave already booked!! looks like a large group from the cork mob will be travelling...

God Moggser You Really Take thing to Heart LOLbiggrin.gif
    I taught you'd be a lot Thick Skinned then That:rolleyes:

didnt take it heart at all i took it as who in the **** does he think he is ragging on my cord and ya dont know me well enough to do that so to save any other confusion keep my name out your mouth in future

didnt take it heart at all i took it as who in the **** does he think he is ragging on my cord and ya dont know me well enough to do that so to save any other confusion keep my name out your mouth in future

From Someone Who Rag's on other peoples Cord's all the Time, That a Little Rich Coming from You Dont You Think Mate;) LOL

From Someone Who Rag's on other peoples Cord's all the Time, That a Little Rich Coming from You Dont You Think Mate;) LOL

i do rag on people's cords all the time and will continue to do so but never at a personal level...but alas this is not about other people its between me and you "mate" so do i take your shovel from you now or......

i do rag on people's cords all the time and will continue to do so but never at a personal level...but alas this is not about other people its between me and you "mate" so do i take your shovel from you now or......

Mark Finish Your Sentence...There:D

Mark Finish Your Sentence...There:D
    You of all people should learn to put down the spade and stop digging.

You of all people should learn to put down the spade and stop digging.

Sorry FK me of all People!!, We've never met!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement