Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

What are the numbers for all factions at the moment Ian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

I need to do a bit of catching up as I have been away on an IT course in London all week.

But I believe its about:

80x CDF
    10x NAPA
    60x Chedaki

Bookings system is now back and ready to take fresh bookings.

I will be re-selling the event as a new email campaign early next week to drum up fresh interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Thanks.

I might be so bold as to enquire if I can still transfer to NAPA from the CDF?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Excellent! thought I left it too late, now I can get onboard!!

Has anyobody had any trouble with committing to the booking on the TA Events site?
    I just tried to confirm and got an error report with a couple a lines of code... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

No problems here, maybe copy and paste the code into an email to Ian, or post it here?

I switched to Senny a week or two ago, still have 2 seats in the car if anyone needs a lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

I'm looking to go across for this (fingers crossed).
    I have, however, never even skirmished (hell, I'm still collecting my basic kit), but thought it would be proper to just dive headfirst into the melee.

What, apart from making my booking (chedaki I suppose, as I'm a flecktarn kinda guy), should I be looking at doing in the lead up to the event?

Obviously, get a skirmish or ten under my belt etc.
    What would the more "senior" members suggest, kit-wise etc. (I'm pointing fingers at Puding and Gerrowadat, as Tony has spoken highly of you both)

I know it's a pain handling the "new-kid", but at least I've advanced into my 30's, so I'll cop on right quick. Promise.

Any help appreciated. And probably best handled via email, so as to not clog up the boards with more of my inane banter.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

ASI_Casper has posted a link to his legendary checklist earlier in this thread somewhere. It's also in the Berget thread, and a lot of other places.

Also search for any posts on this subject by Lemming, the keyword "baltic" will produce good results ;)

I may have even posted myself :)

You do need to have some one-day events under your belt though. Senny is 300m up in the Brecon Beacons - mountains are pretty, but they can bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

In the grander scheme of things it's a reasonably safe event, lots of people around, your two main risks are hypothermia and dehydration.

Casper's list is good and comprehensive if you're the packrat type, but my advice as an absolute bare minimum on top of regular skirmishing gear (i.e. a gun that's good, midcaps, proper boots, load bearing gear).

- A /good/ sleeping bag. Go to 53 degrees north and spend 80-100 quid. Your mothballed spider-man antique won't do.
    - A bedroll. Camp beds are for big jessies. I don't usually bother with a bedroll since I'm hard as ****ing nails (and my sleeping bag can take it).
    - A PMR radio: The Morotola XTR446 from pixmania.ie is a good solid bet. Don't bring a LIDL radio as it's likely to just **** people off because you're transmitting heavy breathing. Get a good headset.
    - Hydration pouch. I say again: Hydration the ****ing **** pouch. Use it. Be drinking. If you're not dying for a piss you're not drinking enough. And yes, you can get dehydrated in a thunderstorm.
    - Raingear. Get an OD or DPM basha or poncho from anywhere that does them. It'll almost definitely piss rain for part of the event.
    - Light. Get a headlight or a small torch for use in safezone or getting around.

**** to leave at home:

- Hicaps :-)
    - Thunder Bs, tornado grenades.
    - Gun-mounted torches. Nothing says "Turn that ****ing light off" like the guys around you the first time you crack open one of these babies. Your natural night vision gets ****ed up by these. If you must, put a red filter on it and keep it low-intensity, and restrict usage to when you actually need it.
    - Sunday-skirmish attitude. The few times I've wanted to level ***** at Senny events was people who went on about how epic they were going to be at running around like rambo, and how much pyro they were going to use. You don't have to start roaring about ladyboys ***** like the english dude from Rambo 4 or eating **** pie with nails in it, but take it a bit seriously like.

Don't be discouraged. It's a completely different game to anything you can get in Ireland, so get in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

First off there is no need to go and buy a load of fancy gucci stuff, but what you do buy make shore it is the best you can get hold off, thos 20 euro bdus on ebay may seem like a bargain but will not last 5 minutes in the field. Same goes with boot, buy the best ones you can and get them broken in before the event as it will make a world of difference.

I could write a few pages on this topic but it is nothing that has not been in the guides bellow, your best bet is to read these and post any questions that come up, and would agree with ozcam, would be best to get some games under your belt first, not 100% needed as i do know people that have jump right into a ta event and did just fine, but i would always say it is best to at leasts get out and check your happy with your equipment as you will be living with it for 24 hours.

Firekittens guide
    http://www.redbadger.org/milsim-101/

Caspers guide
    http://www.airsoftireland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21441

some guides from ian at ta events
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/guides/
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/guides/weekendguide/
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/guides/voice/
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/guides/rifleman/
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/guides/command/

I've heard rumors that lemming is also working on a guide :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »
    ... top of regular skirmishing gear (i.e. a gun that's good, midcaps, proper boots, load bearing gear).

To build on that; I'd be hesitant to suggest something like this for a first time game, or after a couple of skirmishes even for the above reasons.

Why? As simple as gerrowdat makes the above seem (and it is simple in so far as the list goes); you need to have kit that suits you, and that tends to take a while to figure what works and what doesn't. If you end up with stuff flapping all over the place, or falling apart you'll spend as much time fighting your own kit as either the environment and the enemy at Sennybridge and consequently you'll get diminished enjoyment out of the experience for what is a not inconsiderable sum of cash all told to get there.

It can be done, but you've got less than two months to get order kit and get some skirmishing in to see what works for you on top of making sure it's all comfortable and not getting in your way. Very much a case of get the skates on and get out skirmishing so you can see what people use.

If I may, I'll suggest a dirt-cheap and relatively fixed load-gear setup. If you decide you like airsoft and want to expand upon what you have, you'll either hav enot spent very much in the first place to replace and/or some of it can be adapted and used over and over again with other kit.

So;
    • British Army DPM chest-rig: it ain't glamorous nor particularly extensible, but it does do the job quite adequately, has a decent bit of space in it, and is dirt cheap; yours for about £10 on ebay. If you're worried about the colour of it, use spray-paint on it (for those who have allergic reactions to anything other than tan colours)
    • 2L/3L Camelbak: comes with harness and D rings so can either be worn, or attached to something else. And camelbak kit tends to be top-notch quality.
    • Load-bearing belt: The above chest-rig has no belt, so if you want to hang holsters, or miscellaneous pouches, you'll need one of these. And they're rather useful to have anyway.
    • Poncho of some description.
    • Micro-fleece hat & gloves: for the dark, colder hours; when the sun goes down, it will be .... baltic

Everything else about sleeping bags, ground-mats (roll mats), boots, socks, quality of trousers/shirts etc. goes without saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just to pipe in, I'd like to ad that proper socks would be just as important as proper boots.

Special heavy boot socks are cheap enough these days, or the one thing I never skirmish without now, is my seal skin, water proof socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

gerrowadat wrote: »
    - Gun-mounted torches. Nothing says "Turn that ****ing light off" like the guys around you the first time you crack open one of these babies. Your natural night vision gets ****ed up by these. If you must, put a red filter on it and keep it low-intensity, and restrict usage to when you actually need it.

So ehh, how are you suppose to clear rooms in the dark? Even with good natural night vision I can't see how you'd see into those darks corners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So ehh, how are you suppose to clear rooms in the dark? Even with good natural night vision I can't see how you'd see into those darks corners?

Well a torch wouldn't be much help.
    For a start it would blind you aswell, and on top of that, nothing screams 'SHOOT IN MY DIRECTION' like a plank with a torch in a night game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Well a torch wouldn't be much help.
    For a start it would blind you aswell, and on top of that, nothing screams 'SHOOT IN MY DIRECTION' like a plank with a torch in a night game.

Unless the rooms are built with mirrors, how?
    And your gunna be seen coming into a room regardless, the dude coming into a room through a small door is a tad bit of a give away.. You might aswell breach in being able to see what the **** your at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

One of the main uses of a tactical flashlight is to blind your opponent temporarily while you identify them and put a couple of rounds into them if necessary. I fail to see how they could blind the user...

Anyway , the reason I came on to post was to assure Unsinnig that there is no need to worry about his lack of experience. Just make sure you get out every weekend from now until Sennybridge to get to grips with your kit and the fundamentals of the game. Also, make sure you listen to the veterans both here and on whichever site you visit and you'll have all the info you need.
    I started playing airsoft around this time last year and went to Sennybridge for CC1. In preparation I read the guides which have been mentioned in earlier posts here and I tormented guys who had been there before to tell me about the essentials. I had an incredible weekend despite the fact that I didn't have a whole lot of airsoft experience. Keep reading up on it and gathering your kit together. Get out and play as much as possible and listen, listen, listen to what anyone who has been there before has to say. You'll have a fantastic time.

And your gunna be seen coming into a room regardless, the dude coming into a room through a small door is a tad bit of a give away.. You might aswell breach in being able to see what the **** your at?

Light is somewhat omnidirectional, and your night vision builds up over the course of about half an hour. Even shining a torch away from you in a room can do away with it. In a night-time scenario the flashlight is just a handy target. It means you get blatted, and you'll probably end up putting your team-mates at a disadvantage (remember it's not a skirmish, there's more than your own neck at stake).

Most people don't get the chance to ever go around in near-darkness for longer than a few seconds in the course of their daily lives, think about it -- first thing you do is go for a light source. However, if you are in dusk and dark for more than a few minutes, your natural night vision kicks in, your pupils dilate, and you'd be surprised how effective it is. This also means that some numpty using a maglite taped to his beta spetz to check his boots are tied gets a clip round the ear for being a spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

On the other hand, TA Events specifically recommended bringing a torch, ideally a gun-mounted one if I remember correctly, for a previous event anyway (I think it was Chernarus Conflict 1). I think the middle ground is, as usual, the best - don't use it unless you need to, but when you need to, have it.

as normal we pretty much every view point which is a good thing :)

the one thing i would make clear is that senny ( or any of the MOD sites ) are not safe, there concreat and metal with rusted hulks so safety should always come first so do not be pressured into running around at night without any light if your not confident, it is hard enough to move around in the day let alone at night.

I've seen teams making bastions of buildings bristling with torches and I've seen in the shadow sneeky , both work and both are fun

A torch is not just for the night, i think i got more use out of it during the day most of the time with the nature of the buildings on the site, yes it can give away a position but it can also be a powerful tool.

Aaaaaahhhh, Bless!
    You lads are true scholars and gentlemen!

All this info has set my mind at ease and made the task ahead seem a lot less daunting.

Many thanks for that, and I hope to reciprocate in kind should the need ever arise.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Aaaaaahhhh, Bless!
    You lads are true scholars and gentlemen!

All this info has set my mind at ease and made the task ahead seem a lot less daunting.

Many thanks for that, and I hope to reciprocate in kind should the need ever arise.

Cheers.

if this is your first time the best advise to heed is.....enjoy the bollix out of it its a 24 hour milsim that will be over in the blink of a eye.. oh and take in the scenery upon entry to the site take a walk round look at all the building numbers and what not if ya get star struck looking around in the game like i did on my first time you will loose site of your squad members :)

have fun :)

In all fairness, I have some experience with firearms. Having grown up in Africa, I attended survival school several times (it was called "adventure school", but I realise now in my adult life that it was a ruse perpetrated by the apartheid government to prepare us kids for surviving a "native revolt" if need be), have been hunting on several occasions and have been out plinking with 9mm's, 306 Hunting rifles, 12 gauge shotties, R5 assault rifles, R1 assault rifles, Mini-14's and an AK once (it's a piece of crap to control, but great craic :) ). I don't claim any "expertise" in any way though. I've just had the opportunities to blow some sh!t up, with a smile on my face.

That said, however, I've yet to experience team-based play and tactical thinking/action on the level that airsoft affords one. This is the major attraction of the sport to me. Doing a bit of pew-pew is grand (in the plinking and hunting sense), but what's better than there being an objective attached to it and the things you shoot at are guaranteed to shoot back??

Jaysus, I'm working myself up here. Can honestly not wait to get out there and have a go (flashlight or not... ahem)

Grip, pull pin, depress spoon, and throw.

Wait for "boom", then clear.

Brownie points for using a flashbang in a dark room/at night for sheer "OMFG" effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

Betty Blue wrote: »
    Lads There a Couple of Spaces Left on The Rats Bus if anybody Short on transport, We've Upgraded to a 50 Seater Executive Coach for Paddy Comfort, So PM me if Your Interested:rolleyes:

lads there are six spaces left for the senny trip if anyone wants to jump on board the RAT BUS. PLS PM BETTYBLU HERE ON THIS THREAD TO EXSPRESS YOUR INTEREST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

got a leaflet in the door this morning from anpost for a limited time you can grab dollars and sterling commission free not sure what the exchange rate is like but sure it couldnt harm looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

moggser wrote: »
    got a leaflet in the door this morning from anpost for a limited time you can grab dollars and sterling commission free not sure what the exchange rate is like but sure it couldnt harm looking

Or take an oldie along with you when you buy your pyro tokens as OAP's don't get charged commission :eek:

Right, so being the uninitiated feckwit that I am, I'm busy booking my spot for the event. However, on the booking form, I get to the 'role selection' and all that's available is "medic, section commander, battle commander". Ahem. Where's "grunt" or "peon"??? I've no experience to be any of those three.

Now, I'm guessing they're the three choices that everyone has to make, and the positions themselves will be finalised on the day (I don't think there will be 100 medics, 50 section commanders and 25 battle commanders running about).

Anyone able to clarify?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm looking to go across for this (fingers crossed).
    I have, however, never even skirmished (hell, I'm still collecting my basic kit), but thought it would be proper to just dive headfirst into the melee.

My first Senny trip I'd played only really a dozen or so skirmishes.
    Had never played milsim before and my kit was DIRE , I literally had midcaps, a nice rifle and that was it.

Was constant rain and minus 0 temps and I had no thermal gear, no rain gear and was sick for a week when i came back.

I was totally unprepared, but the game changed airsoft for me completely. Irish games rarely ever lived up afterwards and all I wanted to do was play milsim.

It also started a spiral of me buying tons of kit trying to find that perfect loadout that jsut feels right, and tbh I think I've got it close now.

But I think your defo on the right track diving headfirst into it, and hopefully it will convert you to that style of game back at home ;)

Right, so being the uninitiated feckwit that I am, I'm busy booking my spot for the event. However, on the booking form, I get to the 'role selection' and all that's available is "medic, section commander, battle commander". Ahem. Where's "grunt" or "peon"??? I've no experience to be any of those three.

Now, I'm guessing they're the three choices that everyone has to make, and the positions themselves will be finalised on the day (I don't think there will be 100 medics, 50 section commanders and 25 battle commanders running about).

Anyone able to clarify?

Cheers

you only need to tick one or more of those options if you want to volunter for any of those rolls, for know your best bet is to leave them blank as they are not compulsary

if you leave them blank you will just be down as a grunt :)

• Advertisement

Thank the Deity of your choice!

I was having really vivid images of myself trying to command a bunch of lads dressed up like Action Man (and if they followed Gerrowadat's advice, busting for a p!ss). Right, you stand over there, you make with the distraction stuff down there, you stand here and shield me, you three storm that building, you get me coffee and a mars bar.

Thanks for the info Puding. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Hey Ian
    is There an Update on Numbers for Senny??, and is there any Story Change??:D Cheers

Just wondering if, since were going to be outside of ireland, is it ok to wear Irish DPM at this event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Just wondering if, since were going to be outside of ireland, is it ok to wear Irish DPM at this event?

emmmmm....no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Don't think anybody should condone the use off Irish DPM as it's illegal to own never mind wear it. Also if you get caught going through customs with it would you face a problem there?

Dave Mate
    As Robbie Said,Where Going thought Customs, With a Boot full of Combat Equipment & AEGs, We are model for a Pull anyway, Not Point in Putting fuel on the Fire:D

• Advertisement

It would be best advised not too.

I'd get into the whole " you shouldnt even have it for use outside of service" lark but we all know the drill, and sure we all give a bollox on boards but no one gives a ****e on sites.

Personally wouldn't bother me, since most Senny trips there is so much irish flag waving woudln't see the problem.

Read up on the law, may be able to wear it abroad I'm not sure. If so decision is yours,

But a word of caution as said above when travelling abroad, good rule of thumb is to avoid wearing camo etc anyway, especially on a packed family filled ship.

You could always just fire the IAA a mail and they could let you know, granted its defo not coshure in Ireland, might be cool alright abroad.

And before anyone gets high and mighty, we all know its bad eggs to do it here( even though its still worn on sites, **** the amount of marshalls wearing it like ) but gonig abroad is different, and instead of a blank no, the avenue should be explored.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Read up on the law, may be able to wear it abroad I'm not sure. If so decision is yours,

And before anyone gets high and mighty, we all know its bad eggs to do it here( even though its still worn on sites, **** the amount of marshalls wearing it like ) but gonig abroad is different, and instead of a blank no, the avenue should be explored.

Just to put this in perspective; he will be captured on camera by Carl from Sector 6 photography at somepoint during the event. That means pictures shall find their way onto forums without doubt; doubly so because a lot of non-Irish players may not have seen the pattern before and start asking "what is it?" and drawing attention to the fact.

So what's the big deal?

Well, not to connect the dots here or anything but how does anyone think this would go down with the PDF chiefs? Irish uniform (and it *is* a uniform, not just a pattern), not just in the UK, but on an MoD site without any sort of authorisation?

The DoD have approached several sites in the past over the issue of uniforms or parts thereof; this would seal fate on the matter if it got back into the hands of those in authority positions as I imagine they may well flip over it.

As Doc has said above, your call, and it'll also be your neck if it goes pear-shaped.

Yeah obviously the decision is down to himself, but he should get informed proeprly through proper channels on the law and procedure.

In fairness if you can wear that stuff abroad, the Chiefs can have a hissy all they want, cant do anything ;)

Granted if he is serving and gets caught on camera, trouble abound.

But even still if the law lets you wear abroad, no worries. And I think I remember this is the case , where you can wear abroad.

But I would also, out of respect, contact TA Events to confirm. Although it may be legal it may be frowned upon due to the connections that are made between TA and the UK army. And lets not forget that there is a rumour of a TA game abound in Ireland.

Very well may take place on an irish army training facility, so last thing he wants is Irish DPM on a picture on his site.

Then again the picture can just be deleted...cant it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Might be best posting here
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=98

Just so this thread doesn't turn into a debate about Irish DPMs;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Lads, the laws regarding Irish DPM is black and white.

The Minister owns the Pattern and uniform. They are the only ones that can give you permission to wear it. They decide where, when and how it is worn.

If you are a serving member of the Irish Defense Forces/Air Corps/Naval Service (reserve or permanent) then you have the right to wear it while on duty and coming to and from duty.

For everyone else - Computer says NO! It makes no difference what country you are thinking of playing in.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah obviously the decision is down to himself, but he should get informed proeprly through proper channels on the law and procedure.

Sorry, but there's no legal clarifications required from the Irish Dept. of Defense on the matter. It's very clear. If he's not serving forces, he's not allowed own it never mind wear it period. If he's serviing forces and not on duty - or coming/going to in that regard - of which an airsoft game in anotehr country most definitely does not fall under, then he's not allowed to wear it without permission.
    In fairness if you can wear that stuff abroad, the Chiefs can have a hissy all they want, cant do anything ;)

Granted if he is serving and gets caught on camera, trouble abound.

Does the term "burning bridges" mean anything to anyone? The community should be trying to improve relations with the government, state security, and armed forces; not riding roughshod over it all "because it looks k0000l". Airsoft has a poor regard with the Irish army as it stands, and I don't know about any of you but someday, maybe, it'd be nice to have afforded the same opportunities that foreign airsoft communities enjoy with their respective militaries. P*ssing all over the PDF and waving it all about whislt going "nyah nyah nyee nyeaa nyeaaa" is guaruanteed to ensure such opportunties never materialise. The only people being hurt will be ourselves in the long run.

As for "shure isn't it abroad and what can they do about it?" .... they can make life difficult for Irish players & sites by leaning on the Gardai and ministers. They can contact the British Army enquiring about why Irish pattern uniforms were seen on an MoD site; and the BA will undoubtedly pick up a phone and ask TA Events about it. In short; sh1t travels downhill. And guess who stands at the bottom? Us.

To be perfectly frank; the Irish army/Dept. of Defense makes occasional rumblings about the matter at skirmish sites but seems to view us more as an annoyance than anything that needs dealt with. Pictures of Irish pattern issue kit on a foreign mililtary training grounds (even just for airsoft) would shift their opinion, and not for the better ...

As for pictures being deleted, boards will tell you to f*ck off and I imagine that most other forums would too on censorship grounds.

Stolen property doesn't stop being stolen property just because you take it over the border. This isn't the dukes of bleeding hazzard.

Lemming wrote: »
    Sorry, but there's no legal clarifications required from the Irish Dept. of Defense on the matter. It's very clear. If he's not serving forces, he's not allowed own it never mind wear it period. If he's serviing forces and not on duty - or coming/going to in that regard - of which an airsoft game in anotehr country most definitely does not fall under, then he's not allowed to wear it without permission.

Does the term "burning bridges" mean anything to anyone? The community should be trying to improve relations with the government, state security, and armed forces; not riding roughshod over it all "because it looks k0000l". Airsoft has a poor regard with the Irish army as it stands, and I don't know about any of you but someday, maybe, it'd be nice to have afforded the same opportunities that foreign airsoft communities enjoy with their respective militaries. P*ssing all over the PDF and waving it all about whislt going "nyah nyah nyee nyeaa nyeaaa" is guaruanteed to ensure such opportunties never materialise. The only people being hurt will be ourselves in the long run.

As for "shure isn't it abroad and what can they do about it?" .... they can make life difficult for Irish players & sites by leaning on the Gardai and ministers. They can contact the British Army enquiring about why Irish pattern uniforms were seen on an MoD site; and the BA will undoubtedly pick up a phone and ask TA Events about it. In short; sh1t travels downhill. And guess who stands at the bottom? Us.

To be perfectly frank; the Irish army/Dept. of Defense makes occasional rumblings about the matter at skirmish sites but seems to view us more as an annoyance than anything that needs dealt with. Pictures of Irish pattern issue kit on a foreign mililtary training grounds (even just for airsoft) would shift their opinion, and not for the better ...

As for pictures being deleted, boards will tell you to f*ck off and I imagine that most other forums would too on censorship grounds.

Think you might have taken my comments completely and entirely the wrong way, so I'm not derailing with quote tennis.

I had originally said that I wasnt clear on the issue and some clarification would be awesome.

Now I know that it cant be worn abroad and why, coolio. Job done.

As regards my comments, it was on the theory that dpm could be worn abroad.

Anyway on reflection it was probably ridic comments and I wasnt aware of the legality so ill leave it at that

Edit ** And on re-reading that, it sounds like I have sour grapes for not being right, definitly not the case ;)

Sorry for rockin the boat lads, a simple "no" would have sufficed. Just thought i might be able to save myself a few quid on getting some good raingear since I hear that Sennybridge can have quite s*itty weather. At leats now I know, cheers.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Hey Ian
    is There an Update on Numbers for Senny??, and is there any Story Change??:D Cheers

Ferries not book yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Anyone heard from Ian in the last 2 weeks? Just had no response from 3 PMs I sent him on his forum.

Ferries not book yet.

Hey Man,
    I Suggest you Provisionaly Book the Ferry, if you Travelling over, I Was Told That Dublin is Booked up and Rosslare is Nearly Full for Vehicles:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Ferries not book yet.

We have a place or two still left on our bus - includes ferry - everything is booked and ready to go. Just drop me a PM if you (or anyone else) is stuck for a way over.

Hey Man,
    I Suggest you Provisionaly Book the Ferry, if you Travelling over, I Was Told That Dublin is Booked up and Rosslare is Nearly Full for Vehicles:D

I could give a monkey's.... As long as the Rat Bus I'm on is rolling on schedule :D

4am in Blanchardstown? Jaysus wept...Or, I did when the wife smacked me for suggesting I needed to be dropped there at 3:30am on a school night :rolleyes:

Looking forward to getting into the thick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

We have a place or two still left on our bus - includes ferry - everything is booked and ready to go. Just drop me a PM if you (or anyone else) is stuck for a way over.

Thanks for the offer but I will be driving. Just waiting for Ian to tell us if he has the numbers before I book the ferry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement