Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enraged

• 15-11-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

So basically my brother starting going to grinds, I don't think he needs them but he does. Anyway, I won't go into details but I thought what he was being taught sounded a wee bit abstract, nowhere near what's on the course. Turns out the 'teacher' is still in college! Have these grindsschools no shame! My mother got her money back but I'd be asking to see qualifications if I were ye. Regarding our French teacher situation, my friends are getting their parents to write letters to board of management. We'll wait and see.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

So basically my brother starting going to grinds, I don't think he needs them but he does. Anyway, I won't go into details but I thought what he was being taught sounded a wee bit abstract, nowhere near what's on the course. Turns out the 'teacher' is still in college! Have these grindsschools no shame! My mother got her money back but I'd be asking to see qualifications if I were ye. Regarding our French teacher situation, my friends are getting their parents to write letters to board of management. We'll wait and see.

Of course you should ask about these things before agreeing to pay someone for work. That doesn't mean that some college students don't give good grinds, but they're not fully qualified or experienced teachers.

One of the oldest pieces of advice which has come down to us over the centuries is "caveat emptor!" ... "let the buyer beware!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement