Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal -v- Tottenham Hotspur (match thread)

Options
  • 15-11-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

One of the biggest matches in the season for us. Despite missing Thudd and a few others I still think we can pull a result out here. Bale will be the key player I feel. In all the big games so far he has been colossal, bar maybe the United one where he was triple marked at times. Van Der Vaart and Modric will also be instrumental to victory. We will probably go with the tried and trusted 4-4-1-1 formation unless Defoe is in line to start. I dont think he should start unless Crouch gets injured during the week (which wouldn't really come as a surprise). Lennon if fit will also be vital. I've all but given up hope on a clean sheet in this tbh, our defence has been brutal this season.

Gomes
    Hutton --- Gallas --- Kaboul --- BAE
    Lennon --- Sandro --- Modric --- Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Crouch

Jenas for Lennon if Lennon dosent make it.

COYS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Springheeljim

Looks like Huddle is out for three months because of ankle surgery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Not a bad team THFC but for a game like this I would start Wilson P instead of Sandro - I know he hasnt been playing too well of late but against the Goons I'm hoping he'd have a stormer .. Would anyone start Niko ?? COYS !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would go with Wilson instead of Sandro aswell,I thought Defoe had earmarked this game for his return from injury,is he going to make the squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sandro away at the emirates? You must be joking

Jenas will play central mid

4-0 to arsenal I predict

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

mickman wrote: »

4-0 to arsenal I predict

No way will we lose 4-0, there will be a goal in it and VDV will score it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I know Sandro wouldn't be the popular choice but I think he's the nearest we have to Thudd. If we play Palacios we will also have to play Jenas. Palacios & Sandro is a huge no no anyways. And we cant play Jenas and Modric, we'd be wide open. If Lennon does play, I'd prefer Sandro with Modric, but if he dosen't I'd like Palcios with Jenas and Modric.
    However I think Harry will start Palacios regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

A point would be a great result anyone know when king is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I reckon it'll be Jenas in the middle with Bentley out on the right... Not my choice, I just think this will be what HR goes for (if Lennon is injured still...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wilson sitting for me, and jenas on the right, tucking in to make it a 3 at times as Arsenal will prob have 3 in there. The rest of the side is predictable.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Wilson sitting for me, and jenas on the right, tucking in to make it a 3 at times as Arsenal will prob have 3 in there. The rest of the side is predictable.

yeah wilson has a good shot at starting - he needs to step up to the plate now. i still think we will get hammered though

our defense is extremely weak against the likes of west brom even so no way will we be able to keep out nasri, fabregas, walcott,arshavin, etc at the emirates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

4-0 to arsenal I predict

Hope I am wrong but I am more with Micks thinking on this one. Perhaps not 4-0 but I expect us to be beaten easily. We will prob score but I think we are so ropey and leave so much space at the back and this will play right into their hands. Going to say 3-1 to them but as I say hope I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

They kicked our ass in the cup already this season, I expect more of the same. 2 nil, maybe 3.

Gallas might score though... he's that kinda player.

gallas is liable to give away a penalty and / or get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

As is benny .. Thought we had a right chance last year & then we got stuffed there .. would take a point .. were just that open at the back the score could be anything !!! Whats the odds on us keeping a clean sheet ???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Spurs to win 1 nil (Gallas :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

gomes, hutton, gallas, king, BAE, jenas, palacios, modric, bale, vdv, crouch

we need a big game from wilson and jenas

hard to see us getting anything out of it but then again we have bale, vdv and modric in top form so we can tear any team in the world apart if we attack

Did VDV play wide right vs Blackburn?

I'd rather see him out there then Jenas. Jenas is no winger imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Get in Gallas for anytime scorer in this game. It's just the kind of thing that will happen.

I see a draw all over it TBH, 1-1 which I'll take.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

3-1 to arsenal, will be delighted to eat my words though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭golfball37

If we want to win this and show the necessary desire inferior teams have proved you can win at the Bin Laden stadium this season. West Brom scored 3 and missed a penalty.

I just don't think our lads will bother sadly, we never turn up away at these big games. We might score but we'll concede at least 3.

We are only a defeat next Wednesday night away from a very difficult place we should all keep in mind.

I'd prefer win next Wednesday night but why should we have to settle for not turning up on Saturday?

Would love to be wrong btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

I'm going :D

Prediction?

Arsenal 1 - 1 Tottenham

Arsenal

Next Match: Tottenham (H)
    Out: Ramsey, Frimpong, Vermaelen, Diaby
    Doubts: Almunia
    Banned: Koscielny
    16/11Laurent Koscielny returns from suspension and will be avaialble for a recall to Arsene Wenger’s lineup. He will face a battle to regain his starting role however with Djourou impressing on his two appearances while Koscielny has been banned.

Predicted Lineup:
    Fabianski, Sagna, Djourou, Squillaci, Clichy, Nasri, Song, Wilshere, Arshavin, Fabregas, Chamakh.

Tottenham

Next Match: Arsenal (A)
    Out: Woodgate, O’Hara, Dawson, Defoe, Dos Santos, King, Lennon, Huddlestone
    Doubts:
    Banned:

Predicted Lineup:
    Gomes, Hutton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart, Jenas, Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko, Crouch.

how many of the above play mid-week internationals?

For me, Wilson or Sandro has to start.
    I was glad to see us revert to 2 up front last weekend but to have any chance on sat we need 5 in midfield incl wilson/sandro

how many of the above play mid-week internationals?

For me, Wilson or Sandro has to start.
    I was glad to see us revert to 2 up front last weekend but to have any chance on sat we need 5 in midfield incl wilson/sandro

i cant understand why people are calling for sandro for this game. he has hardly set the world alight since his arrival. he is still settling in and is no way good enough yet for a match like this. he would be left for dead against the arse at the emirates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

he is still settling in and is no way good enough yet for a match like this.

I agree for once Mick ;) I'd go with Wilson to kick a few around the place..

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I agree for once Mick ;) I'd go with Wilson to kick a few around the place..

agree and if he gets an early yellow take him off quick.

Yeah, wilson before sandro by a country mile but if for any reason Wilson wasn't fit I'd still rather have 5 in midfield incl sandro then have bale, jenas, modic, and VDV and no-one to break up the play

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

4-0 to arsenal I predict

logic =NLD it go's out the window
    have some fxxxxxg faith ffs
    us2-them 1

Audere est Facere =C.O.Y.S
    BTW been going to the lane since the 60s-now live in cork still going to the lane

"mod edit" - please attack the post not the poster. thanks

jerryDyid wrote: »
    i despair of people like you- you represent everything that is bad about the game
    logic =NLD it go's out the window
    have some fxxxxxg faith ffs
    us2-them 1

Audere est Facere =C.O.Y.S
    BTW been going to the lane since the 60s-now live in cork still going to the lane

Can a mod have a chat with this guy about his post please?

And FYI I base my prediction on our injury list, our recent defensive displays, arsenals attacking power, our record away from home, our record against the big teams away from home

I don't go around saying spurs will win just cos I support them. Of course I'd give anything if we won, but I think we have no chance and I'm entitled to that opinion

Auxere set facere means to dare is to do , by the way

• Advertisement

Can a mod have a chat with this guy about his post please?

And FYI I base my prediction on our injury list, our recent defensive displays, arsenals attacking power, our record away from home, our record against the big teams away from home

I don't go around saying spurs will win just cos I support them. Of course I'd give anything if we won, but I think we have no chance and I'm entitled to that opinion

Auxere set facere means to dare is to do , by the way

Please use report post function or pm mods rather than comment on thread. thanks.

Advertisement