Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book on Irish civil War in West Limerick

• 15-11-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Heard a piece on Limerick's 95 FM Saturday morning on a book written lately about the Irish civil war in west limerick and surrounding areas.

Anyone know where the name of this book and if is available for purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

I think you might be talking about

"The Young Ireland Rebellion and Limerick" by Laurence Fenton

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

I forget the name they mentioned - I'm not sure if that is the same book - it could well be. The guy who wrote it is from Loghill. I have dropped an e-mail with 95FM but have no reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 No Nonsence

Apologies for late reply but for readers of this thread the name of the book is Revolutionary Limerick by John O Callaghan. Its a very good book. However a book i'd recommend on the topic is Victory and Woe by Mossie Hartnett. It tells of life as a volunteer in the West Limerick Old IRA by one of its leading members. He also documents the civil war on which he fought on the anti threaty side. It gives an excellent insight into life at the time. The book is still in print, I got it in easons myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Limericks Fighting Story is another book well worth reading if you are interested in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

Perfect - thanks for that - books ordered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement