Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA Promotions "Man of War" Fighting Championship

• 15-11-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

On the 9th of April, Stefan Moriarty/Legends MMA Gym will host an action packed MMA event! "Man of War" Fighting Championship will take place in Citywest Conference hotel (to be confirmed).

We hope this promotion will provide a platform for talented fighters across the country to show off their skills in the cage! Fights will take place inside a 24ft cage. Mr Dave jones will be referee on the night and will also be in charge of the selection of all judges/officials at the event.

We have a number of clubs on board but as you all know you can never have enough so we are looking for fighters to compete at junior, semi pro and pro level. We hope to have approximately 14 fights on the card so if any clubs are interested in putting their fighters in, please contact myself (Stefan) at 086 3711370, or drop us a post and I will get back to you.

Please note we will only deal directly with coaches so all fighters please notify your coach if you wish to compete.

Many thanks and look foreword to hearing from you!

Stefan Moriarty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

While I love getting to travel around the country to referee I also love the idea of another Dublin show. I am glad to see Andy Ryans Show coming up soon, along with the established Rush and Fight before Xmas shows. I also miss Cage/Ring of Truth.

So I am happy to commit to refereeing this show in Citywest hotel. Confirmed Judges for the event are Paul Cowzer, Barry Ogelsby and Neil O Hara. The show will be using the new rules as outlined here.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aheghy9xQcHEdFBkRG4ySW9Wc00tdzhObkFjUUR6R1E&gid=0

I would like to encourage as many clubs as possible to put forward fighters and support what promises to be another quality show in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Legends MMA Gym

Hi folks,

Thanks for all of the positive feedback regarding Man of War Fighting Championship. We are still finalizing confirmation on the venue but we will have this up to date as soon as we receive word.

We are pleased to announce that so far the following clubs are on board: Kokoro MMA, Next Generation, Team Ryano, Rush Fight Academy, Ifs Ni, MMA Lucan, Peformance Martial Arts, Drogheda BJJ, and Cork City Combat Sambo. We also have interest from a number of other clubs and we would like as many clubs as possible on board. We will do our best to accommodate all clubs interested.

Many thanks
    Stefan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I'm happy to be a part of the team of officials for this show. Another show for the Dubs is always good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rpmmabray

On Behalf of everyone at Rising Phoenix I'd like to wish Stefan and everyone involved with Man of War the best of luck. It's going to be an Amazing show and its good to hear that everyones coming together to really put Dublin on the map :D bring on the war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Ack sure you all know us "Nordies" have more shows than enough lol;)

Joking aside I think with the growing calibre of fighters a show in the South is sustainable (unlike us up here I think we are flooding at times :()! I love Rush and do miss ROT/ COT!!!

Best of luck with the show;)

Urs
    x

• Advertisement

First and foremost many thanks to all for your support and endorcements. I would just like to update everyone with the latest news. We have had to change the date due to an internal booking problem with the hotel, the new date is now 1st of April. Hopefully since we are four months away this will not cause any inconvienience.

Here are some details: Location - Citywest hotel Dublin, Date - Friday 1st April, Referee - Mr. Dave Jones, Judges for the event - Mr. Paul Cowzer, Mr. Neil O Hara and Mr. Barry Oglesby, Our official timekeeper is Ms. Gillian Wallace, Medics and Doctors - Independent Medics who have provided cover for numerous MMA promotions. We are proud to announce that full lighting production will be brought to us by www.savagelighting.ie irelands best lighting production crew. We will have a super sound system in place to add to the atmosphere. Our own Noel O Keefe will be MC (in my opinion Irelands answer to Bruce Buffer!). Theatre and platform style seating to ensure everyone sees the action. The event will be recorded live on full screens around the arena. There will be shower and changing facilities for all fighters with two warm up areas. Our official MMA merchandising sponsor is www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie, and our official nutrition sponsor is wholesale-nutrition. Website will be live in the next few days www.manofwar.ie. Tickets on sale Feb 1st they will be available from clubs, fighters, Legends Bray and also online at www.ticketoffice.ie.

So far clubs that are supporting the event or have expressed an interest are as follows: Kokoro MMA, Next Generation, Team Ryano, Rush Fight Academy, MMA Lucan, Drogheda BJJ, Peformance Martial Arts, Ifs Ni, Cork City Combat Sambo, Fianna Gym, PHK MMA, BJJ Cork, Kyojin MMA, Point Blank Gym, Strabane Fight Team....

We hope this will be a great show not only for Dublin but for Irish MMA as a whole. If any other club is interested please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope I havn't forgotten anyone apologies if I have.

Fighters will be matched from January, in the meantime I want to have two fights for our main event and am hoping our co main event will host a top class ladies match. So both ladies and gents if you would like to be part of the main event please contact your coaches asap.

Many thanks for your support.
    Stefan

Hi all Happy New Year

We now require fighters details from all clubs interested in participating at our "Man of War" Fighting Championship held in Citywest Dublin on April 1st. I know fighter availability can be difficult with fighters competing on a regular basis, but in saying this we have had good interest and we are hoping for a good response. All going to plan we would like to have a fight card (provisional) by the end of the month. So can all coaches please forward any fighters details asap to legendsmmagym@gmail.com, or info@legendsmma.ie.

Our "Man of War" website ( www.manofwar.ie ) will be live today so all feedback would be most welcome.

Many thanks to Extreme Octagons Ireland and MMA Kaptured who will both be providing an excellent professional service at Man of War.

Many thanks

Stefan

First confirmed match up for "Man of War":

Middleweight 84kg - C Class

Brendan Moloney (Legends MMA) v Ciaran Lloyd (Team Ryano)

Plenty more to follow :)

Many thanks

Stefan

Junior 45kg Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V Paul Higgins (Antrim MMA).

Junior 65kg Mark Hoare (PMA) V Andrew Higgins (Antrim MMA).

More match ups to come.

Co-Main Event!

A Class - Light Heavyweight Title Fight

Rimas Pukas (MMA Lucan) v Chris Stoklosa (Ronin-MMA Limaowa, Poland)

Rimas is one of the top ranked light heavyweight fighters in Ireland and has won multiple championships in Lithuania, now fighting out of MMA Lucan.

Chris likewise has won numerous championships in Poland. He spent many years in Cork with Cork City Combat Sambo and returned home to open up his own gym.

This match promises to be a great competition!!

More updates to follow!

• Advertisement

Highly anticipated rematch!

Lightweight 70 kg A Class

Conor Dillon (Brazilian Top Team) v Bogusz Pochlyski (Hufaria Fight Team Dublin)

More updates to follow.

Also looking for Lightweight 70kg fighter to face Martin Begley (Antrim MMA) in our Main Event. Any takers please contact me asap!

Many thanks

Stefan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Conor Dillon (Brazilian Top Team) v Bogusz Pochlyski (Hufaria Fight Team Dublin)

Stefan
    Fair enough rematch did need to happen. I just hope Boguz's ground game/wrestling has improved or Conor's agression/fitness or whatever stopped him from finishing the last fight has improved because the most exciting part of that fight really was the incident which caused it to be finished.
    Just a pity Peter isnt reffing this one. Id say that rules meeting would give some lolz:D

Lightweight 70 kg C Class

Joe McColgon (Tai Jitsu Belfast) v Darah Harte (Rush Fight Academy)

Welterweight 77kg C Class

Anthony Carrick (MMA Lucan) v Stephen Owens (Ifs Ni)

Bantamweight 61kg C Class

Arno De Santas (Tai Jitsu Belfast) v Ian Molphy (Rush Fight Academy)

More updates to follow.

Mal McFall (Tai Jitsu Belfast) v Philip Maher (Team Ryano)

More updates to follow.

Lightweight 70kg C Class

Rob Byrne (Kokoro) v Andy Furlong (MMA Lucan)

More updates to folllow.

Featherweight 66kg Junior

Sean Keogan (Kokoro) v Robert Morrison (Antrim MMA)

73kg C Class

Fran McKeown (Kokoro) v Andy Little (Tai Jitsu Belfast)

Lightweight 70kg C Class

Lewis Harper (Antrim MMA) v Alan Thomas (Fianna)

Main Event
    Lightweight 70kg A Class

Martin Begley (Antrim MMA) v Mark Uprichard (Tai Jitsu Belfast)

Martin Begley, a top class fighter looking to prove that he is still one of Irelands most talented lightweights takes on up and coming Mark Uprichard from Tai Jitsu Belfast in our main event. Both fighters have the ability to end the fight in seconds so I think we can expect a stand up war!

More updates to follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Stefan

There's a BTT in Ireland?

Bantamweight 61kg Junior

Chris Mulligan (Fight Pit) V Dennis Chetrari (PMA)

Welterweight 77kg Junior

Jimmy Nolan (Legends MMA) V Aaron Daniels (Edenderry MMA)

WIMMAO Amateur Featherweight Title 66kg

Warren Mitchell (Antrim MMA) V TBC

More updates to follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Lightweight 70kg C Class

Rob Byrne (Kokoro) v Andy Furlong (MMA Lucan)

More updates to folllow.

I went through Recruit Training with Andy, he's a very good mate of mine. Looking forward to seeing him fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Looking forward to this event-some good fights there to look forward to..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

This is certainly building up to be some class event :) cant wait for it myself :D

WIMMAO Amateur Featherweight Title 66kg C Class confirmation

Warren Mitchell (Antrim MMA) V Peter Doyle (Team Ryano)

Featherweight 66kg C Class

Conor Devlin (Kokoro) V Sam Brennan (MMA Lucan)

Janek Ozmin (Kokoro) V James Walsh (MMA Lucan)

Middleweight 84kg Withdrawal due to injury

Brendan Moloney (Legends MMA) V Ciaran Lloyd (Team Ryano)

Only two more match-ups to be confirmed over the next few days and then our fight card is complete.

Many thanks to everyone for all of the support and tickets are available from all clubs involved and online at http://www.ticketoffice.ie.

Stefan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

As referee for this event, can I advise all fighters that there is a 28 day rule in place for a fighter that has been on the wrong end of a KO or TKO. You will not be medically cleared to fight at this event if either of the above has taken place within 28 days of the Man O War event.

Due to injury and the 28 day rule unfortunately some fights will be withdrawn from our fight card.

The following fights have been withdrawn:

Featherweight (junior)
    Mark Hoare V Alan Higgins

73kg C class
    Fran McKeown V Andy Little

93kg Pro Light heavyweight
    Rimus Pukas V Chris Stocklosa

70kg Pro Lightweight
    Martin Begley V Mark Uprichard

Fight Confirmation

73kg C Class
    Fran Mckeown (Kokoro) V Chris Buvet (Team Ryano)

Also we are looking for fighters for the following:

77kg pro 2-0
    84kg C Class 1-0
    57kg C Class 1-1

If any clubs have any fighters for these matches please get in touch asap as it would be great to have you on board.

Many thanks,

Stef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Kal_El

Due to injury and the 28 day rule unfortunately some fights will be withdrawn from our fight card.

What 28 day rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sdub

The following fights have been withdrawn:

93kg Pro Light heavyweight
    Rimus Pukas V Chris Stocklosa

70kg Pro Lightweight
    Martin Begley V Mark Uprichard

Stef
    shame they where 2 of the best fights

sdub wrote: »
    shame they where 2 of the best fights

Agreed especially the Begley/Uprichard bout. Wasnt this the main event? I really dont see why this one has been dropped.

Kal_El wrote: »
    Agreed especially the Begley/Uprichard bout. Wasnt this the main event? I really dont see why this one has been dropped.
    I know Martin got TKO'd the week before cage contender. Thought the 28 days woulda passed but might be a day short.
    To be honest I think Begly was in big trouble against Uprichard.

Think Chris was TKO'd at cage contender too. Which is a huge pity too as we had some smack talk directed towards Rimas by someone who trained with chris. Nothhin too serious, but still added a lil more excitement to the build up. Hope to see both Rimas and Uprichard get replacements.

I know Martin got TKO'd the week before cage contender. Thought the 28 days woulda passed but might be a day short.
    To be honest I think Begly was in big trouble against Uprichard.

Yeah im pretty sure it works out 27 days before. The thing with this one is that Begleys fight was called a TKO because the Ref stooped him while in Turtle position because he wasnt defending himself. Not because he was "rocked" or unable to continue. AFAIK the lad is not hurt at all and returned to training the following Monday to prep for Uprichard. In my opinion its a real shame that its been dropped. Were they contracted? Has Begley been check by a doctor to see if hes fit to fight?
    Think Chris was TKO'd at cage contender too. Which is a huge pity too as we had some smack talk directed towards Rimas by someone who trained with chris. Nothhin too serious, but still added a lil more excitement to the build up. Hope to see both Rimas and Uprichard get replacements.

This one i can understand. From the reports it seems that Chris was rocked pretty badly leading to the TKO so you have to think about that. Maybe it was a mistake putting him into a fight so close to an other.

My biggest problem with this 28 day rule that seems to be being pushed in now is that the TKO part is a very grey area. TKO stoppages can be for a wide variety of situations. Some could stop a fighter from fighting again some could not. I think we have one of each such situations here and honestly it could have been handled better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I for one think it's great to see this being enforced, hopefully replacements can be found.

It will take a period of adjustment, but eventually people will cop that you just can't be booking fights a few weeks apart. Have one, then if you're fine you can take another with short notice.

Kal_El wrote: »
    I think we have one of each such situations here and honestly it could have been handled better.
    I think theres a lot of situations around Martin the last few weeks that could have been handled better. Id say hes on a few peoples naughty list after the Cage Contender situation

Indeed.
    But to be honest i think the Cage Contender/Ommac, Begley/McGreagor events were a bit of a storm in a teacup. More misscomunication that underhand tactics i would say. Some people seem to have just took a bit of a huff from the looks of things to me. Build a bridge ladies and get over it.:D
    But thats just going on what ive seen on here.

This 28 day thing sounds great in theory but a TKO in MMA may just mean you got trapped in bad position and are unhurt, eg, no concussion or damage done.

if your passed to fight by a medical professional then thats the all clear, the medicals are there for a reason, in Boxing a medic will sign you off as unfit to fight for 1 month if need be.

when fighters are knocked out or TKO as in nearly knocked out thats different in my opinion as concussion would be common here.

cowzerp wrote: »
    This 28 day thing sounds great in theory but a TKO in MMA may just mean you got trapped in bad position and are unhurt, eg, no concussion or damage done.

if your passed to fight by a medical professional then thats the all clear, the medicals are there for a reason, in Boxing a medic will sign you off as unfit to fight for 1 month if need be.

when fighters are knocked out or TKO as in nearly knocked out thats different in my opinion as concussion would be common here.

My point completley.

70kg Pro Lightweight

"Magic" Myles Price (SBG) V Mark Uprichard (Tai Jitsu Belfast)

Also it is our understanding that the medics will not pass any fighter who has received a ko or tko within 28 days of Man of War.

We fully understand why people are annoyed or confused on details as I am myself but I cannot speak for what the medics require. We have to go with safety first even if it was ruled a tko as underlined by chief referee for the event Dave Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

70kg Pro Lightweight

Gutted Begley fight not happening but this is great replacement :)

Have to agree on tko can be a shady area but with the rules set they must be abided. When rules made was it ever brought up about medical exceptions??? We have all seen fights stopped prematurely from local to international level but I assume its down to the promotion and coach to follow.

Urs
    x

70kg Pro Lightweight

Ah Jaysus Stef. Now I'm really p1ssed I'll be missin this. Why ya have to go makin me feel worse:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

This could be an even better fight than the original. Fireworks guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 danhiggins10

Looking forward to this.. friday cant come quick enough :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Can someone post a full up to date fight card for this event?

• Advertisement

Here is the updated fight card (Subject to change). Apologies due to injuries, bad timing and a string of bad luck unfortunately some fights will not be going ahead as planned.

Man of War Light heavyweight title Pro -93kg

Dagan Vickers (Legends) V Stephen Rice

Pro 70kg Lightweight

Conor Dillon (Brazilian Top Team) V Bogusz Pochlyski (Husaria Fight Team)

WIMMAO Amateur 66kg Title

C Class 77kg Welterweight

Mal McFall (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Phillip Maher (Team Ryano)

Anthony Carrick (MMA Lucan) V Stephen Owens (IFS)

C Class 73kg

Fran McKeown (Kokoro) V Chris Buvet (Team Ryano)

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Joe McColgan (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Darah Harte (Rush Fight Academy)

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Rob Byrne (Kokoro) V Andy Furlong (MMA Lucan)

C Class 66kg Featherweight

C Class 61kg Bantamweight

Arno Dos Santas (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Ian Molphy (Rush Fight Academy)

Junior

77kg Welterweight

Jimmy Nolan (Legends) V Aaron Daniels (Hurricane Martial Arts)

66kg Featherweight

Robert Morrison (Antrim MMA) V Sean Keogan (Kokoro)

61kg Bantamweight

45kg

Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V TBC

Many thanks,

Stefan.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

this is going to be a cracking event :D some good fights im looking forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

Here is the updated fight card (Subject to change). Apologies due to injuries, bad timing and a string of bad luck unfortunately some fights will not be going ahead as planned.

Pro 70kg Lightweight

C Class 73kg

C Class 70kg Lightweight

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Junior

77kg Welterweight

66kg Featherweight

61kg Bantamweight

45kg

Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V TBC

Many thanks,

Stefan.

Lets here peoples predictions??

Pro 70kg Lightweight

C Class 73kg

C Class 70kg Lightweight

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Junior

77kg Welterweight

66kg Featherweight

61kg Bantamweight

50kg

Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V Sean Dorann (PMA)

Many thanks to Sean Dorann and Mick from PMA for stepping up and taking this fight today!

Also looking to get matched C-Class 70kg record 2-0 (Amateur MMA league style) 0-2 old C-class rules, C-Class 80kg record 1-2 (old C-Class). Both fighters are from Antrim MMA.

Both match ups are under new C-Class rules. If any club has any fighters please contact me asap on 0863711370.

Things are coming along nicely for tomorrow, production crew are setting up at the minute. There will be a limited amount of tickets available at the door so if anybody has any last minute plans to come out please do as I am sure you will not be disappointed .

Again I would like to thank all the clubs that are involved and also thank everybody for their kind words and support. Hope to see you all there tomorrow.

Stef

Pro 70kg Lightweight

C Class 80kg

James Walsh (MMA Lucan) V Chris McLernon (Antrim MMA)

C Class 73kg

Fran McKeown (Kokoro) V Lewis Campbell (Antrim MMA)

C Class 70kg Lightweight

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Junior

77kg Welterweight

66kg Featherweight

61kg Bantamweight

50kg

Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V Sean Dorann (PMA)

Almost there now. Hope to see everyone there!!

Any results from the show yet?

Dagan Vickers (Legends) V Stephen Rice Keylock

Pro 70kg Lightweight

Conor Dillon (Brazilian Top Team) V Bogusz Pochlyski (Husaria Fight Team) decision

Warren Mitchell (Antrim MMA) V Peter Doyle (Team Ryano) Arm bar rd 1

Mal McFall (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Phillip Maher (Team Ryano) armbar rd 1

Anthony Carrick (MMA Lucan) V Stephen Owens (IFS) triangle

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Joe McColgan (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Darah Harte (Rush Fight Academy) RNC rd 1

C Class 70kg Lightweight

Arno Dos Santas (Tai Jitsu Belfast) V Ian Molphy (Rush Fight Academy) Decision

Junior

77kg Welterweight

Jimmy Nolan (Legends) V Aaron Daniels (Hurricane Martial Arts) DQ

61kg Bantamweight

Chris Mulligan (Fight Pit) V Dennis Chetrari (PMA) Draw

50kg

Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V Robertas (PMA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 yesiamhuge

think tats right except the first fight was a draw and the second the guy from pma won by sub

James Walsh (MMA Lucan) V Chris McLernon (Antrim MMA) RNC i think

What was the DQ for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 yesiamhuge

it was a teen match and th guy dropped him with a punch but then jumped on him with head shots

• Advertisement
Advertisement