Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are the RSU in the North East?

• 15-11-2010 11:43pm

Hey all,

Had a surprise today when the RSU drove through West St. in Drogheda in all their Volvo glory. Took a good hard look at them, and they did indeed have the stickers on the doors, so it was most certainly the RSU and not me mixing them up with some other car or crowd.

Not into cars at all, but that car, I'm not sure whether its the light bar or the cars body or what, but it's a mighty impressive looking sight.

At the Garda Open Day in Drogheda a while ago, a detective in the station was talking to me for a while and amidst a discussion of the RSU he mentioned that they were getting an RSU based in Dundalk for the North East.

Just wondering if this is it? or if the guys were just up visiting for some reason or another? Anyone got any official line on this at all? I had to walk round past the Garda station and wait for a while to pass time (for a Specsavers appointment :( ) but the car never appeared (Garda cars usually circle the town, I believe, but it either never came back to the Drogheda Garda Station or they took a scenic route).

I'm tempted to ring the station to ask, but I don't know if they'd entertain me at all? Might tell me it's 'classified information' or some such?

Hadn't got my cameras on me and my phone died so i couldn't get a picture on that (had I got my cameras on me I'd have chased them down the road :pac: ) but sure ye all know what they look like anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

did you have a "happy explosion" in your pants?? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

there is an rsu base in dundalk and they are tasked with covering the whole north east of country generally all louth, monaghan and cavan

Cheers nd001. I didn't know that. I thought they were only a South West thing. Do they go on patrol much, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

I cannot and wont go into too much detail for obvious reason but yes they do regular patrols in totally random areas depending on the requirements at any particular time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

They're just like any other Gardai, when not on a specific job you could encounter them just about anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

The Dundalk unit are part of the Northern Region RSU. There is also a unit based out of Ballyshannon. Between them they cover, Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Cavan, Monaghan and Louth. They are the fourth RSU to go live, following the Southern, Eastern and Western. South Eastern to come on stream in 2011.

Advertisement