Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs with fires?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Did a quick, though admittedly not exhaustive search, for pubs with fireplaces, and all i got was crap about The Apprentice :mad:

so ladies and gentlemens, where in the city has nice open fires? Slatterys used to have one but i don't think they light it any more. Schoolhouse has two small ones. Anywhere else? it's cold this week :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

O'Reillys beside Tara Sreet Station I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Larianne wrote: »
    O'Reillys beside Tara Sreet Station I think.
    around to teh left is it? i never actually sit round there. do they keep a fire lit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Hole In The Wall on Blackhorse Avenue has an open turf fire that you have to fight to get a seat near on cold nights.

Great pub.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Hole in the Wall, the best winter pub ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

The Harbour Master has a fire too, seems to be lit all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Once went to a pub with a fireplace with some mates for the sole reason of sitting by the fire.
    When we got there, there was already a few people sitting by it.

The idea doesn't appeal to me if I have to share the experience with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Barge

Smyths in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

CARTYS BAR (the side entrance to The Ivy House, opposite Skylon Hotel), has a real cosy little bar, with glowing fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

O'Neills on Pearse St.

O'Neills on Pearse St.
    ORLY?

walked past that place a good bit, what's it like? good pub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Yea, nice cosy place. Good pint of Guinness!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

The Bank Dame Street

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Nealons on Capel street and Harry Byrnes Clontarf both have fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

on www.vfi.ie you can do an advanced search for pubs with open fire, beer garden etc. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Whelan's on Wexford St

xalot wrote: »
    on www.vfi.ie you can do an advanced search for pubs with open fire, beer garden etc. Hope that helps
    cheers, but it returned 0 results :(

That's the problem with a lot of business, they fail to realise that the majority of us now use the web to look them up!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

xalot wrote: »

according to that site there are no pubs in County Dublin with bar gardens :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

The Workman's Club on the quays have fires on both floors and nice candles in big kelner jars on each table.

nosietoes wrote: »
    The Workman's Club on the quays have fires on both floors and nice candles in big kelner jars on each table.
    looks good. looks a little like messrs actually! are they usually lit fires though, not just fireplaces? what the atmosphere like?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I've been there a couple of Tuesday evenings lately. The Mighty Stef was playing. It was reasonably quiet but very chilled and friendly. Only other time I was there was during Hard Working Class Heroes so it was buzzing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rosie o grady's, peggy kellys and molly molloys (formerly the crossbar) in harolds cross all have fires. rosies always burn turf and the smell alone would keep you in there for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

McGrattans has one too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irishbird wrote: »
    according to that site there are no pubs in County Dublin with bar gardens :confused:
    The VFI does not represent Dublin pubs. The LVA does.

The Bull & Castle has an open fire, though it's in the restauranty bit downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I could be going mad but think there is one in Kehoes on South Anne St but been a while since I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if it hasnt already been mentioned ill say the longstone

if it hasnt already been mentioned ill say the longstone
    ya the long stone and kehoes have fireplaces, but since i've known them they've never been lit. Long stone at least have a massive heater outside, but not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

halfway house, drimnagh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

nosietoes wrote: »
    I've been there a couple of Tuesday evenings lately. The Mighty Stef was playing. It was reasonably quiet but very chilled and friendly. Only other time I was there was during Hard Working Class Heroes so it was buzzing.

The Mighty Stef is there every week with his "Gentle Tuesdays" slot. Fire on, pitcher of beer, perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Mercantile on Dame st. have one inside the function room,usually with a load of turf burning.

• Advertisement

The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street has a couple of fires. Was in there this evening for a pint of the black stuff and a hot whiskey. Lovely after coming in from the cold.

Advertisement