Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bikes, how much, and where?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a second hand bike in Galway City. Can anyone reccommend a place to get one please?

Also, how much should I expect to spend on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm selling my bike on account of moving, haven't had a chance to put it up on adverts but I will later

I paid 125 when I bought it (second hand) but I figure with the recession & needing a quick sale I'd let it go for 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

What kind of money are you willing to spend ?
    I've a racer I paid a grand for and have used about 20 times since I bought it :D Would sell for the 500 Euro range..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

If you just want a cheap getting-around bike, the Gardaí in Mill Street are a great place. They sell on unclaimed bikes for next to nothing (around €20).

THe bike shop in the Corn Store sells bikes for around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Corn store shop is long gone. Best value in On Yer Bike on Prospect Hill off Eyre Square

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.adverts.ie/321651/bikes/hybrid-trek-71-fx-price-drop/

Thats a savage bike for 300 OP, I honestly dont think you'll do any better than that anywhere including up North and its in galway, dont spend 100-200 on a piece of crap, you'll use it a few times then stick it in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

If you just want a cheap getting-around bike, the Gardaí in Mill Street are a great place. They sell on unclaimed bikes for next to nothing (around €20).

Do they have a set date they sell off the bikes, or can you just go in at any time and see what they have, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Ah there used to be a little man by the Crane who sold bikes for sixpence! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

moonflower wrote: »
    Do they have a set date they sell off the bikes, or can you just go in at any time and see what they have, do you know?

AFAIK, they have them on set dates, but they're fairly regular.
    You're best bet is to swing into Mill Street and ask what the story is.

Advertisement