Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal meth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

amacachi wrote: »
    We went down the snorting coke rather than smoking crack road thank ****.

ive smoked crack plenty of times, harmless enough stuff in moderation......dont believe them documentaries or wherever you hear that taking a certain drug once will **** you up for life

Everytings O.K in moderation

and imo snorting is just the same as smoking cocaine

Dudess wrote: »
    I know it's only one documentary - but did you see the Louis Theroux one about the town addicted to it? Seems as bad as, if not worse than, heroin.

Btw, why are zombie bumped threads often from exactly a year before...? Same with the women in nightclubs one... :(

sure heroin is basically just morphine

trust me when i say meth is 100xs worse than heroin/morphine/opiates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I smoke 7 gram rocks like theres no tomorrow :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

deathrider wrote: »
    Could you tell a little about it. Form, what kinda high, the generals effects of it. Outside of the name, I n=know nothing about.

Incredible that people don't just google things in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    I thought they already used that picture to describe the effects of cocaine?
    Maybe in 50 years people will see that meth is harmless and the testimonies were just similar to this.

And that is why many will try it.
    They tried "reefer" and discovered the government were filling them with shit, so who's to say they are not filling them with shit about other illegal drugs.
    Thanks for the lies Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

jimpump wrote: »
    sure heroin is basically just morphine

heroin > morphine > opium

vodka > cider > beer

Mike 1972 wrote: »

vodka > cider > beer

Sativa > Indica > Ruderalis

Mike 1972 wrote: »

vodka > cider > beer

really?

i heard opium was the s hit! impossible to get nowadays though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

amacachi wrote: »
    We went down the snorting coke rather than smoking crack road thank ****.

ive smoked crack plenty of times, harmless enough stuff in moderation......dont believe them documentaries or wherever you hear that taking a certain drug once will **** you up for life

Would you include crystal meth in that or would you stay away from it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

By what I've heard I've heard from people who have smoked crack*, the moderation part is pretty hard to get down. A hit will give you a minute or so of perfection, followed by a few hours of really, really wanting more crack. Pretty much everyone has said that if I were to try it, I should ensure that there were no way to procure more of the drug in the hours after taking it make sure you have no money or the dealer's number, for example.

It something I've experienced to some degree with insufflatable stimulants like coke or mephedrone, and I can only imagine it's far worse with smokeables like crack or meth.

*For some reason, they are all from Cork. I have met countless people from Dublin who have made a pretty good attempt of getting around the drug spectrum, but none of whom I can think have smoked crack. However, I'd say about 30% of people from Cork I've encountered at festivals have tried it at some stage or other. Make what you will of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Meth?Heroin?

So we get wasted on some other sh*t everyday

Its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Pace2008 wrote: »

By what I've heard I've heard from people who have smoked crack*, the moderation part is pretty hard to get down. A hit will give you a minute or so of perfection, followed by a few hours of really, really wanting more crack. Pretty much everyone has said that if I were to try it, I should ensure that there were no way to procure more of the drug in the hours after taking it make sure you have no money or the dealer's number, for example.

It something I've experienced to some degree with insufflatable stimulants like coke or mephedrone, and I can only imagine it's far worse with smokeables like crack or meth.

*For some reason, they are all from Cork. I have met countless people from Dublin who have made a pretty good attempt of getting around the drug spectrum, but none of whom I can think have smoked crack. However, I'd say about 30% of people from Cork I've encountered at festivals have tried it at some stage or other. Make what you will of that.

Personally I'd rather snort coke and get a nice hit for half n hour it whatever than wash it up to get a few mins if a hit.

Have heard of people banging crack too.

Thankfully there is practically none of it about, that politician lad, Ming the Merciless would want to have a good think about that too. Recently he was mentioning about all of the money that has gone to criminals by selling hash etc. He reckons that if it was legalised the government could cash, now if the criminals lose lots of income due to that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they'll start peddling other sh1te, and what better sh1te to peddle than highly addictive and easy to manufacture crystal meth?
    Thank feck no one important listens to the Ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

SteoL wrote: »

Personally I'd rather snort coke and get a nice hit for half n hour it whatever than wash it up to get a few mins if a hit.

Have heard of people banging crack too.

Personally I think people like you should drink acid(the kind that burns)

Drugs are for mugs

RoverJames wrote: »
    Thankfully there is practically none of it about, that politician lad, Ming the Merciless would want to have a good think about that too. Recently he was mentioning about all of the money that has gone to criminals by selling hash etc. He reckons that if it was legalised the government could cash, now if the criminals lose lots of income due to that it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they'll start peddling other sh1te, and what better sh1te to peddle than highly addictive and easy to manufacture crystal meth?

Portugal begs to differ.

What, so you can just create a new market for a drug just like that? "So, you like that weed stuff we sue to sell? The stuff that makes you tired in a good kind of way? Well, you should give this hyper-addictive neurotoxic stimulant a shot, I'm sure it's right up your street."

Bolloxology. Meth typically appears when the general quality of pills, coke and uppers in general hits rock bottom, and the only good stuff is going for a prohibitively high price. Weed (or hash, as anti-drug sorts will invariably refer to it for some reason I've yet to discern) has nothing to do with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Personally I think people like you should drink acid(the kind that burns)

Drugs are for mugs

Personally I think people like you should be banned.

What, so you can just create a new market for a drug just like that? "So, you like that weed stuff we sue to sell? The stuff that makes you tired in a good kind of way? Well, you should give this hyper-addictive neurotoxic stimulant, I'm sure it's right up your street."

Bolloxology.
    Meth typically appears when the general quality of pills, coke and uppers in general hits rock bottom, and the only good stuff is goinjg for a prohibitively high price. Weed (or hash, as anti-drug sorts will invariably refer to it for some reason I've yet to discern) has nothing to do with it.

Criminals are very decent business men, very dangerous to underestimate them, take income from weed/hash/whatever users want to call it away from them and they'll create new markets, I never said or implied that the same folk who bought the weed illegally will go on crystal meth, if weed is legalised most users will buy it legally obviously. So you can keep your bolloxology to yourself ta.

I'd agree with you there, apparently it wouldn't be out of the way to get through the guts of a grands worth of crack in an overnight session, the hit is very shortlived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Drugs are for mugs

My mugs never do drugs.

All my cups are ****ing pill-heads though.

Criminals are very decent business men, very dangerous to underestimate them, take income from weed/hash/whatever users want to call it away from them and they'll create new markets, I never said or implied that the same folk who bought the weed illegally will go on crystal meth, if weed is legalised most users will buy it legally obviously..
    I'm sure they'll try to make their money in some way, and it probably won't be by going back to finish their Ph.D, but this idea that legal weed = meth explosion just seems like some specious conjecture you've made up that has no actual basis on any real-world situations. Weed is legal in the Netherlands, yet methamphetamine use and production there is still far lower than in countries like the USA, New Zealand, Australis, and parts of East Asia, where cannabis use remains prohibited.

So how long is it that weed has been legal in Netherlands?
    Were criminals making millions from it and then it became legal?

I didn't say it was fact, it's obviously my opinion, it's not bolloxology though. You're not one for thinking outside of the box I'd say. Due to the recession cocaine despite not rising in price has become a more expensive drug as folks don't have much cash, so to bring that to your earlier point, it's at prohibitively large a price for many..... so if weed/hash is legalised they won't be recouping their income by selling cocaine either.

So how long is it that weed has been legal in Netherlands?
    Were criminals making millions from it and then it became legal?

Cannabis is not legal in the Netherlands.
    You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    I didn't say it was fact, it's obviously my opinion

Uninformed opinion doesn't amount to much tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How has the discussion of Meth got on to the discussion of weed :eek:
    FFS :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Most discussions on after hours get round to it by around page 10 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Becauise there is a direct positive causal relationship between the legality of cannabis and the prevalence of methamphetamione use and availability.

Apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

Yeah I did meth one time. Took me a while to come down.
    People round town said I had pulled my t-shirt over my head and was walking around with my hands in the air.
    Supposedly I kept saying stuff about lake Titicaca and was saying I was a gringo and needed t.p. for my bunghole.

• Advertisement

I'm sure they'll try to make their money in some way, and it probably won't be by going back to finish their Ph.D, but this idea that legal weed = meth explosion just seems like some specious conjecture you've made up that has no actual basis on any real-world situations. Weed is legal in the Netherlands, yet methamphetamine use and production there is still far lower than in countries like the USA, New Zealand, Australis, and parts of East Asia, where cannabis use remains prohibited.
    mikom wrote: »
    Cannabis is not legal in the Netherlands.
    You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.

/...............

I asked Pace2008 how long weed was legal in the Netherlands after he stated it is.

You are now telling me Cannabis is not legal in the Netherlands, whoopedeedoo.

Actually I do have a clue what I'm on about. the fact you don't agree with it and reckon it's misinformed or whatever doesn't bother me at all really. cheers for your contribution though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement