Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy a xbox360?

• 16-11-2010 3:11am

Hi all, looking for some help.

Just been messed about on ebay by someone who sold me a flashed xbox that lasted 1 week before getting RROD. wasted 40 euro sending it back to the UK and now they want me to pay another 40 Euro to get it back. So i have got my money back minus the 40 euro i had to pay.

Anyhow I was wondring if anyone has any good ideas on where to buy one in Ireland. Any websites other than ebay?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

www.adverts.ie is my first stop when shopping for 2nd hand/Irish stuff.

EnterNow wrote: »
    www.adverts.ie is my first stop when shopping for 2nd hand/Irish stuff.

Thanks Enternow, but Im looking for any recommendations because I dont want to get scammed again.

Just want to get something decent for the kids for Xmas that will last.

Thanks Enternow, but Im looking for any recommendations because I dont want to get scammed again.

Just want to get something decent for the kids for Xmas that will last.

Whats adverts.ie got to do with scamming? Do you want a brand new Xbox360? If so then Smyths, Toymaster, Argos, Dixons, ad infinitum, will be able to provide.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Whats adverts.ie got to do with scamming? Do you want a brand new Xbox360? If so then Smyths, Toymaster, Argos, Dixons, ad infinitum, will be able to provide.

I didnt mean Adverts.ie are scamming, i meant I dont know the sellers on there unless of course its someone who posts regular has a good rep and is trustworthy.

There are lots of people on there who have 1 0r 2 board posts, so I dont know if there going to sell me something that has RROD or something that will last 1 0r 2 weeks like the ebay one I had did.

As I understand it a new Xbox would be hard to mod because of the drives inside them.

I didnt mean Adverts.ie are scamming, i meant I dont know the sellers on there unless of course its someone who posts regular has a good rep and is trustworthy.

There are lots of people on there who have 1 0r 2 board posts, so I dont know if there going to sell me something that has RROD or something that will last 1 0r 2 weeks like the ebay one I had did.

As I understand it a new Xbox would be hard to mod because of the drives inside them.

There are many fantastic adverts sellers, who simply don't use Boards.ie. Post indication isn't a measure of reputation, and there will be seperate Adverts.ie feedback that you can look at. Personally I've never once had an issue with anything I got from it, and for every bad experience there will be ten good ones.

Now, risk is part of the game if you want a used 360. Even if you bought one from a very reputable seller, there's no guarantee it won't break down after a weer/month/day/hour. If you want reliability, buying new with a warranty is your best bet. If you want a moddable 360, then to take the easy road a 2nd hand unit will be the best option.

What about buying one that's been traded into Gamestop/Smyths etc? It's bound to be an older variant, & you'll get some form of warranty with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement