Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruined photo

• 16-11-2010 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, question for ya. I took about 250 pics at the weekend on my EOS 550D and about 4 or five of them were ruined like the pic below. Is it a flaw with my camera or somthing I did. I did some photos in green houses and wonder if this was caused by condensation?

IMG_0150.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Iirc there was a similar "leak through" bug on the 7D when it first landed. Check for firmware updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Give canon support a ring and they can tell you if it is a bug or not.
    could just be firmware bugging out but it could be something major so best to rely on the warranty (if you have one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

thanks will do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

were you shooting in jpeg or RAW?

Give canon support a ring and they can tell you if it is a bug or not.
    could just be firmware bugging out but it could be something major so best to rely on the warranty (if you have one).

yes still in warnty only have camera 3 months or so.

• Advertisement

were you shooting in jpeg or RAW?

shooting in jpg.

OK so I called Canon and it turns out I do have the latest firmware on my camera. He had no idea why I was getting that issue and sugested I try a different memory card so I will give that a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

What brand/model is you memory card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Had this same problem on nikon d5000, not sure if this is a valid correlation but when i stopped using the card the problem seemed to disappear, and it hasnt happened since. it also seemed to be random and only happened when taking large numbers of photos.

What brand/model is you memory card?

the card is a Fuji 8 gig one that I got when baught my camera. I have a 16 gig TDK but could not find it yesterday so I did a full format of the card. I went out and got about 30 pics yesterday morning of the sun rise and no problems with that bactch. Last night I did a full format and got another 30 or so pics this morning, Ill check the results for that 30 tonight. But I really need a 200+ photo shoot to fully test the camera. It could be related to over heating im thinking.....

• Advertisement

here are some other examples

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

It looks a lot like my 40D did just before the shutter died. I started to get bands that were overexposed at the bottom. Although my 40D went from this to completely dead in about 50 shots.

god I hope its not dieing its only 3 months old. Though I did register the issue with canon so ill keep an eye on things. It hasent happend since and ive taken about 100 pics since that. I will keep an eye on it though.

Right I figured it out at last. Its not my camera or my memory card so I was glad to figure it out. Below see 2 versions of the same photo image327....

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0327fixed.JPG

I even asked my local photo club and none of them had an idea, then I twiged somthing. Image327 looked fine when viewed on the camera screen but buggered on my computer screen. So then I copied it to my laptop with the built in card reader and the image was fine. I was using a card reader I got in the 2 euro shop witch had worked fine for the last 2 years. Its held together with duck tape now but it must be starting to fail so some files do not transfer properlly.
    What made it harder to diganose was that I printed out an image with the flaw so on harvy normans printer machines so I thought the card and reader had to be fine. It was only after I realised i had copied all pics to the PC then the ones I wanted to print back to my card and as a result copied the flaw.

Well we live and learn but I thought Id let you all know in case it happens to any of you.

Advertisement