Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Licence Record?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

My wife just called me and my licence letter has arrived today!. One week - is it a record?. Can I collect my rifle on the letter as she says that the Certificate Number is on it?. Going to call John O'Malley at Island Sports and check with him. Am excited............!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Fair play lad efficent guards in your station! I was able to collect with letter and payment reciept from the post office. Good luck with the new toy

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

They seem to be quick enough at the moment.

I left mine in on Friday last, letter was signed on Mon and I received the letter on the Tues. Post office payment was done on Wed and had the licence in my hand on the Friday so one week from application in to licence in hand - not bad that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Happily, in a lot of cases, that's not even close to the record anymore. There are still problem cases, but for the vast majority, it seems we're seeing a more rapid turnaround now that the gardai on the ground are getting used to the new system. I think the record is four days from application received by Gardai to licence received by applicant, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hi Guys,

My wife just called me and my licence letter has arrived today!. One week - is it a record?. Can I collect my rifle on the letter as she says that the Certificate Number is on it?. Going to call John O'Malley at Island Sports and check with him. Am excited............!

You have been granted a licence. You haven't got it until it's paid for, printed and you get it into your hand :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can I collect my rifle on the letter as she says that the Certificate Number is on it?. ...........

Pay for it this evening or in the morning and you'll have the actual license by Friday at the latest. Don't rush or jump the gun. The hard work is done. better to have the license and as bunnyshooter said you have a letter stating you are BEING granted a license, you have not gotten it yet.

In relation to the 4 day license i think it was clivej with that seriously fast turnaround.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Longrangelad

Spoke with John from Island Sports - can collect my rifle tomorrow with the letter and payment receipt from the post office - wife did it today so I will have to give her the first shot, then its mine! will let ye know how I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Renewal took from April to September, but put down to the 'rush and backlog'. New app for shotty in now for 4 weeks............no word:(...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

New app for Rifle (restricted) is in almost 10 weeks now
    ( have had my inspection and got letter saying I will have an answer by Christmas Eve )

Renewal of Pistol License (Restricted) took less than 6 weeks
    Renewal of Shotgun License (Unrestricted) took less than 1 week.

But then I should feel lucky - I know many people who applied for their licenses over 12 months ago and have not got them yet.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

hi all so does this all mean that if applying for a new rifle/shotgun license it will be a lot faster to get it with the new law that came out or are these just a lucky number of people who got it this fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

niteowl84 wrote: »
    hi all so does this all mean that if applying for a new rifle/shotgun license it will be a lot faster to get it with the new law that came out or are these just a lucky number of people who got it this fast?

x2
    Im wondering the same :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

niteowl84 wrote: »

It all depends on the efficiency or lack of it of the Gardai you're dealing with

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As a general rule i would imagine that the turnaround time for most new applications should be faster than what has been experienced over the last 14 months as the bulk of the application have been dealt with.

Could be wrong though, and as bunnyshooter said it could also depend on your station, but more so the amount of applications being received by the individual stations.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

Hi Guys,

lucky you, i sent in my new app about 4 months ago i waited till the 3 months was up and went in about it and it was still in the locker:mad:

Advertisement