Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Cart Catalog timeout

Options
  • 16-11-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Getting the following error after using easy populate to update a zen cart site..
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in D:\hshome\host\**website***.ie\shop\*****admin*****\includes\functions\general.php on line 221

The last few product categories I uploaded had multiple subcategories and was an update from a previous upload so it "linked" the new product list to the old i.e. multiple linked products. Since then I have been getting the aforementioned error and the site has slowed to a crawl/stop. Ideally now I would go and delete the last few stock sheets updated but because of the error I cant do this. Anyone have any ideas? Also is there a way of dealing with the multiple linked products that doesnt involve changing/deleting individual products?
    All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I've just spoke to the support guys in digiweb and they're telling me they cant come up with anything. Anybody have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Ok, I moved the site from a windows platform to a linux platform to see if it would make any difference and once I go over about 3500 line items the site slows to a stop. What should be the limit be for a zen install on shared hosting? Surely it should handle more than that? Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

pablo21 wrote: »
    I've just spoke to the support guys in digiweb and they're telling me they cant come up with anything. Anybody have any ideas?

It's interesting you're having this problem with Digiweb - did it start recently? I have a few sites hosted with them. On one of the sites I run two scripts weekly, one to send out job alerts and the other is to clean the database of expired jobs. About six weeks ago both scripts stopped working, when I try run them they run for about half a minute, don't execute fully and depending on what browser I'm using it prompts me to download the php file (if I'm using Firefox) or it times out (on IE).

The database isn't too big (30mb) and there was nothing six weeks ago that caused it to get much bigger all of a sudden, also it's happening on two separate scripts, so I'm at a loss to explain what caused it.

I emailed support a few times, and a week or two later, I gave up waiting for a reply and phoned, the Digiweb engineer who I dealt with wasn't any help unfortunately, basically told me it could be anything, I need to troubleshoot etc.

max_execution_time on my server is set to two minutes but the scripts timeout after about 30 seconds or so. I also overrode max_execution_time in the php files themselves but that didn't work either.

Advertisement