Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics upgrade

Options
  • 16-11-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi guy i have been looking at the current generation of graphics and am tempted to upgrade, probably will in the next couple of weeks. I currently have a 8800gts 320mb with a modest oc ;), a c2d at about 3.4ghz 2G ram and am playing games at 1600x 1050.

what graphics card would be best suited to playing at these resolutions? have been looking at either a 460 786Mb/1G or a 6850. would these be over kill at that resolution or bottle necked with that hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A 1GB card would be ideal for that resolution. A GTX460/6850 would be right down your alley. Overclock the CPU to reduce your bottleneck and perhaps double your RAM up if you got the cash :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

cheers thats what i was thinking, already have it oced from 2.6ghz but might get a bit more out of her, will look into the ram could do with it alright.

thanks

Advertisement