Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair discolored Setion of old photo

• 16-11-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

My boss asked if i could repair this discolored photo

Just wondering whats the best way to go about using photoshop

Pic taken down

Gonna have a go later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

I got this done by selectiing the area then adjusting the Hue/Saturation

But what about skin tones how would i go about doing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

theres a fair amount of work involved in that - but you can get the whole image 100% recoverable.

it would mean zooming in and selecting the relevant pixels in some areas, increasing the saturation, sharpness etc etc.

My limited skills dont extend to that so i think ill tell him i cant do it

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

plenty of good tutorials on you tube ,dont give up yet ,give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'm just saying it will take time....theres no quick fix .... have a look online for some of the youtube tutorials.... you can expect to spend a couple of hours on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

I don't mean to be off-topic, but if I were your boss I don't think that I'd be very impressed with you publishing my photo on the web! Seriously, I'd recommend removing the photo immediately and just posting a bit of the photo if necessary to get across the issue. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I would say that the photo currently has character which shows its age and genuineness!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Heres a great start from you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GYKqQq8UM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how dd you scan it? it doesn't seem to have been flat to the glass if done in a flatbed scanner; there are shadows around the curls and creases. best off getting a good scan, means less work for you.

MrThrifty wrote: »
    I don't mean to be off-topic, but if I were your boss I don't think that I'd be very impressed with you publishing my photo on the web! Seriously, I'd recommend removing the photo immediately and just posting a bit of the photo if necessary to get across the issue. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I would say that the photo currently has character which shows its age and genuineness!

He's fine with it, i wouldnt of put it here otherwise

hoganpoly wrote: »
    Heres a great start from you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GYKqQq8UM

Cheers I'll have a good go at it later

• Advertisement
Advertisement