Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station Car Parking

Options
  • 16-11-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭

Hi all, need a bit of advice. I need somewhere in or around the Heuston area to park the car for about three hours this evening from 5pm onwards.

I know Heuston itself has a cark park - what are the odds of it being jammed at about 5 today? Or do ye reckon I'd get a place?

Or is there any other places around there that people know of (or close enough to the LUAS line so I can hop on it up the quays after parking)? Doesn't have to be free parking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

You should be ok, as it's a big enough car park.

There are some on-street parking spaces (paid) on Parkgate Street, though there aren't many, but you might be lucky.

Since Gowan Motors on Parkgate Street closed people are parking on the forecourt there for free (there are probably about 15 or 20 spaces), but normally all gone by 8am in the morning time, but again you could be lucky to get one at 5pm.

The Ashling Hotel also have a car park open to the public, & I doubt if you'd have any problem getting a space there.

If I were you I'd check out Heuston first, as it's easier & quicker to get from there to Parkgate Street than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Turns out the traffic wasn't so bad to I just went up to Jervis St.

Thanks for the advice all the same!

Advertisement