Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI - Hamburger Inn

Options
  • 16-11-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as this is food related...Does anyone remember HI/Hamburger Inn? It was a fast food chain and there was one in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick in the 80's/early 90's.

Would love to know what happened it or was it bought out by someone other company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There are still in Cork City. They is one in the Wilton Shopping Center and one in Merchents Quay shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No way - i did try a search on google, i might try entering those locales to see if I can find it on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mc Love wrote: »
    Seeing as this is food related...Does anyone remember HI/Hamburger Inn? It was a fast food chain and there was one in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick in the 80's/early 90's.

Would love to know what happened it or was it bought out by someone other company?
    You couldn't resist haha!!!!

amiable wrote: »
    You couldn't resist haha!!!!

Yeah I wanted to find out about it - as the food really impressed me as a kid (seeing as we didnt have a Maccy D in Limerick at the time)

The two in Cork are Cafe Hi - are these the same as the Hamburger Inn I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Yeah I wanted to find out about it - as the food really impressed me as a kid (seeing as we didnt have a Maccy D in Limerick at the time)

The two in Cork are Cafe Hi - are these the same as the Hamburger Inn I wonder?

Yes they are. They now do a coffee shop style menu as well as the fast food side of things.

• Advertisement

Miaireland wrote: »
    Yes they are. They now do a coffee shop style menu as well as the fast food side of things.
    I don't think they are the same place at all.
    The place in limerick was Hi(meaning Hamburger inn)
    Different place just similar names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

amiable wrote: »
    I don't think they are the same place at all.
    The place in limerick was Hi(meaning Hamburger inn)
    Different place just similar names

They are the same place - Cafe Hi (both the one in Wilton and the one in Merchants Quay) were originally called Hamburger Inn - I used to go to both.

zeusnero wrote: »
    They are the same place - Cafe Hi (both the one in Wilton and the one in Merchants Quay) were originally called Hamburger Inn - I used to go to both.
    Fair enough. I stand corrected so. But i grew up in limerick going to the Hamburger inn and moved to Cork a few years ago went to place in merchants quay and they were 2 completely different places to me. Nothing like the place in the crescent.
    The people saying they are in Cork haven't stated they were in the crescent too and they were the same.
    Still if you say they are the same so be it

Great must drop in next time i am in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

zeusnero wrote: »

they are definitely the same place

• Advertisement

Great must drop in next time i am in cork
    You'll be dsiappointed cos IMO they are nothing like what the crescent was like. Still worth a visit to make up your own mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Pretty poor fare IMO. Last time i was there i asked for ketchup and they charged me 45c for 3 sachets. Only got a handful of chips and the burger was fairly mank too.

Oh, and they give you this little beeper that lights up or buzzes when your order is ready. When i didn't get up straight away, the guy behind the counter started shouting at me saying that my order was ready - Hurry up basically.

Advertisement