Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programming night courses in Dublin

Options
  • 16-11-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anywhere good in Dublin to do a short night course in programming/development?

I have done some C# before but I've never had any proper training so I lack knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals.

I was just wondering is there anywhere in town or anywhere near the Stillorgan/Dundrum areas that might have such a course.

I'm not really looking for something long and expensive, but a short-ish course so I can see how I get on.

I'd be thinking of Java or C# as the language I'd be studying.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 stevie123c

I know it's been a while but did you ever find a course similar to what you were looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Probably not exactly what you guys are looking for but I study Java with the Open University. Expensive but you really learn loads. For something short, you really cant beat a good book. The Head First series are a good place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Look over on the Carlow IT forum. Some of the students have made a Youtube account for storing their Java notes. They actually go through them in videos so its a good way to learn. But obviously, you wont get a degree after it!! ;)

EDIT: Link here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056080651

Advertisement