Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Asics Kayano?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a decent alternative? Need a new pair but find the kayanos a bit too chunky and heavy at times. Not to mention the price.

That said, I've been injury free since switching to them so be interested to hear from anyone who've worn kayanos.

Also, when are the new models due out?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent alternative? Need a new pair but find the kayanos a bit too chunky and heavy at times. Not to mention the price.

That said, I've been injury free since switching to them so be interested to hear from anyone who've worn kayanos.

Also, when are the new models due out?

Cheers

Keep an eye on amazon you can pick the kayanos up for next to nothing. Got a pair a few weeks ago for €55 including delivery, at the moment I see pairs for 70-80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't know what the story is with your gait, but I think Kayano's are aimed at those who over-pronate. If that is the case, the Asics GT 2150's might be of interest. I over-pronate and they are what I ended up buying after getting gait analysis done.

Although you should know that the new range (GT 2160's) are coming out within the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

3615737857_3f9f4becf4_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭clubcard

Saucony Hurricane
    Mizuno Inspire

maybe go fro a little less support.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I overpronate and have used the Kayano's for the last few years. I fancied a change so went to Runways where they recomended the Mizuno Inspire. Very happy with them, can not believe how light they are compared to the Kayano's. They sell for around €115.

An Asics rep, told me that I should consider the 2150, as I heavily overpronate but am well stocked with runners at the moment so have held of for the time being.

I still use the kayano for training in, I always buy them in the Arnotts sale as you get a good discount. The selection hasn't been as good of late but if you are quick of the mark you should get them. I bought two pairs in their summer sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Cheers for replies. Interested to hear of ppl switching as Kayano seems to be the shoe for over pronators.

Don't have anything against Kayanos just feel like bricks sometimes. I over pronate and tried Brooks Adrenalin which weren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Cheers for replies. Interested to hear of ppl switching as Kayano seems to be the shoe for over pronators.
    Asics aren't the only brand in the world, unlike what some people seem to think! :pac:

I used to wear Kayanos, had 1 pair of 14s and 3 or 4 pairs (lost count) of 15s - hated the 16s though because the asymmetric lacing made it feel like something was pulling across my foot. Switched to Adrenalines then - which I wore for DCM. I needed to alter the lacing to make the shoe fit my narrow heel properly, and I seem to be a size 7 1/4 in them - this meant blisters after DCM! I'm in a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire now, still getting used to them really - only got about 45 miles on them. Very different feel and a much lighter shoe. I also have a pair of Nike Lunarglides, which tend to come out for shorter and faster stuff, but don't give me enough support really for more than 10 miles.

Advertisement