Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you order stuff from these days?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

What place would you recommend for speed of dispatch?

I used to use Komplett for this requirement but they now only offer one costly postal method or are slow to have items at the collection point.

What possibly separate company would you use for the cheapest price?

Still using that German company I cant spell? (Hardwarenversende :pac:)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Hardwareversand! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Solitaire wrote: »
    Hardwareversand! :P

Ah cool, I have bought stuff there for full builds, in the past I was able to get a hd from Komplett in two days (maybe they had stock in the country then), now it would seem from a recent order and the "Talk to" forum that they are not as useful as they once were. Wondering if there are any fast and reliable suppliers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Elara for Ireland.

I use Scan.co.uk, always a speedy delivery and they reply to emails nearly as quick as you send them.

Elara for Ireland.

I use Scan.co.uk, always a speedy delivery and they reply to emails nearly as quick as you send them.

What kind of money are scan for delivery to ireland?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Elara is a tad overpriced, delivery rates and times are great though. B
    MemoryC are cheap, delivery rates and times are fantastic but they lack in products. B+
    Hardwareversend are cheap, delivery times are fast enough for a euro carrier. A+
    Pixmania have a massive range, delivery times are good but delivery rates vary as there is multiple sellers on Pixmania. B+
    Komplett have been a bit of a mess really but seems they've finally got their act together, albeit some items are overpriced. B-
    Scan.co.uk have a wide range at cheap prices, fast delivery. A
    Overclockers.co.uk have some ordering issues for newcomers, but good prices and a decent delivery time. B
    eBuyer are great all round. A

That is all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

laugh wrote: »

Steep enough if you are only ordering a few small things, as I recall it was a flat minimum delivery of £10.99 stg when I was pricing stuff there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

laugh wrote: »
    Roughly £16, but I don't get small orders. Their customer service and delivery speeds is more than worth it though! Imo.

bah sorry missed the retailer sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I use scan and ebuyer for 95% of the components I buy .... but then again I live in the UK and after posting in a forum I get free p&p from scan :D

Advertisement