Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor vent/grille: where to purchase?

• 16-11-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've got a coal-burning fire and want to position a ventilation point (to the underfloor void) right in front of the hearth so as to reduce the level of draught tracking from other areas when the fire is lighting.

I'm looking for a suitable (rectangular shaped) floor grille which I can set into floor which has the facility to be closed off when the fire isn't lighting. Does anyone know where this kind of thing can be purchased?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

When fitting solid fuel fires and to save on cost I would buy the grills sold for wall vents (small size) (brass or aluminium) and fit them over a rectangular hole cut into the floor in the nearest alcove. The advantage of these is they have a sliding cover that means you can shut them at need. I saw them in Chadwick’s a few weeks ago

Advertisement