Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouth Guard

• 16-11-2010 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi - I had my wisdom teeth removed in August and find that I am clenching my teeth a lot at night now so my jaw hurts in the morning along with the roof of my mouth (I have an overbite). Anway just called the dentist who quoted me €300-€400 to get a mouth guard - I can't afford this - can anyone recommend a good dentist who can do mouth guards for cheaper (looking for someone in the City Centre/North Dublin area).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

What kind of mouth guard are you after they are not all the same, hard, soft, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jnoham

Hi - I've no idea - first time looking into this - just not looking for something too expensive - do you know what the difference is between hard and soft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Wow that is expensive, i too need a mouth guard but my dentist said it would cost 90e thats some difference, only thing is this dentist is in kildare, but you should definetly shop around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Shop around for what? They are totally different, soft ones are cheap and hard ones are not, only your dentist will be able to tell you which one you need. IMHO soft ones are no good and cause more problems than they solve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Shop around for what? They are totally different, soft ones are cheap and hard ones are not, only your dentist will be able to tell you which one you need. IMHO soft ones are no good and cause more problems than they solve.

Im sorry i didnt realise there was a few for different problems, i was just told i would need a mouth guard and it would cost 90e, what kind of probelms do they cause i dont want to end up in more pain?

• Advertisement
Advertisement