Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sooo Angry right now!! Grrrrrr!

Options
  • 16-11-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you guys have had issues when it comes to billing & payment with Airtricity.

A sales guy came around to the house this time last year and signed us up with a package where our bill will be the same amount over 6 / 12 months. We went with this and were billed the same amount each month like he said. After 6 months we moved out of the apartment, and cancelled the account. We then received a bill for over €400 a few weeks after we moved out. They said it was because our bills all along had been esitmated wrong. This isnt our fault?? To me that is a mistake on their side!

So they have been phoning and sending letters to say the balance needs to be paid in full. We have paid some of this off, and there is still an outstanding balance of less than €200. I hve advised them that I cant afford to pay out in full but I will continue to pay something off of the account each month until it is cleared.

I receive another letter yesterday to say they will be calling to the door if the balance isnt paid??

Any suggestions as to what I can do?? As it seems they are not listening when I tell them I will continue to pay off over the coming months! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

shellie11 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if any of you guys have had issues when it comes to billing & payment with Airtricity.

A sales guy came around to the house this time last year and signed us up with a package where our bill will be the same amount over 6 / 12 months. We went with this and were billed the same amount each month like he said. After 6 months we moved out of the apartment, and cancelled the account. We then received a bill for over €400 a few weeks after we moved out. They said it was because our bills all along had been esitmated wrong. This isnt our fault?? To me that is a mistake on their side!

So they have been phoning and sending letters to say the balance needs to be paid in full. We have paid some of this off, and there is still an outstanding balance of less than €200. I hve advised them that I cant afford to pay out in full but I will continue to pay something off of the account each month until it is cleared.

I receive another letter yesterday to say they will be calling to the door if the balance isnt paid??

Any suggestions as to what I can do?? As it seems they are not listening when I tell them I will continue to pay off over the coming months! :mad:

Thats normal, you need to provide a meter reading each month so they can adjust the bill to your usage.

Just call them and work out a payment plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

I dont live at that address anymore? the account has been cancelled for 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Call them offer them 20 euro per wk month etc and et a copy of this in writing. Do you have the final meter reading from when you left the apartment?

Advertisement