Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Good nafternoon!

Just a few questions on things I've noticed in a clients house. First of all they have 3 Triton Aqua Sensation mixer showers. When using one of these they trip the M.C.B (20A) Just wondering is this overload? I've checked all with my clamp meter and they aren't drawing a high load. I couldn't find any short circuits. They are R.C.D protected also but they said it's the M.C.B that trips.

Other question is has anyone seen bulbs that shatter upon blowing?? What is the cause of this?? I reckon it's possibly cheaply manufactured bulbs? Anyone have a scooby doo???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

ShamFeen wrote: »
    Good nafternoon!

Just a few questions on things I've noticed in a clients house. First of all they have 3 Triton Aqua Sensation mixer showers. When using one of these they trip the M.C.B (20A) Just wondering is this overload? I've checked all with my clamp meter and they aren't drawing a high load. I couldn't find any short circuits. They are R.C.D protected also but they said it's the M.C.B that trips.

Other question is has anyone seen bulbs that shatter upon blowing?? What is the cause of this?? I reckon it's possibly cheaply manufactured bulbs? Anyone have a scooby doo???????

Are they MCB`s or RCBO`s which could be tripping on earth fault? Maybe the pump has a problem causing a short if it is the mcb. Or the pump wiring.

The bulb is probably shattering which instantly blows the filament rather than the filament blowing causing the shattering. I actually seen it happen myself before for no apparent reason. Maybe its just the glass failing when hot, bulbs are below air pressure so they dont explode outwards when they do fail or are broken, so there is a bit of pressure on the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

think they're about 2-300w

are they spurred off the radial? if so you could maybe try a 3amp fuse to help confirm

have you done any tests re: IR and rcd working

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

The showers are all run back to the board and all connected to one 20A mcb with rcd protection. All wired in 2.5 t&e. Showers only trip intermittently and water is flowing fine until trips and works fine afterwards again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

just confirm it's the shower unit then

and swop it out

showers will need spurs if they're wired direct off the 20amp

Advertisement