Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended games for Kinect..

• 16-11-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭

Let's get a thread going on games you recommend to get for the Kinect...
    No games that you don't own or have not personally played.
    I'd like to expand my collection but don't want to be getting any crap or laggy games.

First up...Kinect sports

Soccer is lame really..very little interaction.
    On the plus side all the other games are excellent with the boxing/tabletennis/beach volleyball well up there. And by christ my arms +shoulders are paying for it..:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I have motion sports but have been to sick to play it, i mean test it out to make sure it works properly (its the kids x mas pressie)

also sonic free riders is wicked, jumped up and lamped my head of the light fixture.

*do stretching exercises first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was going to get it but heard bad reviews of it...why is why I stated you had to personally play or own the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Dance Central it's brilliant. Love the interface no holding your hand out over a button for a couple of seconds, very intuitive. Also, I havent noticed any lag in fact you have to move in time with on screen dancer or else the move won't register, The Gank is one move that springs to mind which you got to do in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Fighters Unleashed is boring. It's trying too hard to be 'hard' ... crappy hip hop music on in the background, lots of ethnic diaglogue (Think boys in the hood), and the fights just get boring after 10 minutes. Very impressive tracking, and does get you out of breath, but christ it's boring. Anyone want to swap?

Fighters Unleashed is boring. It's trying too hard to be 'hard' ... crappy hip hop music on in the background, lots of ethnic diaglogue (Think boys in the hood), and the fights just get boring after 10 minutes. Very impressive tracking, and does get you out of breath, but christ it's boring. Anyone want to swap?

damn...I was hoping someone would tell me it was actually better than what the reviewers were saying :(

Looking now at Fitness Involved...key word :) Martial arts :D anyone have it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I'd recommend:

-Dance Central (great fun- challenging but rewarding to learn routines)
    -Kinect Sports (geniunely good fun and on the harder difficulty, is not as predictable to beat as wii sports)
    -Your Shape (great cardio workouts and rewarding if you can stick with it- I use it when I can't go to the gym)

...in that order.

They've done what they set out to achieve and got my family playing. I usually hate people who review games based on demos but the Joyride demo in Kinect Adventures was enough of that game for me. Fighters Uncaged and MotionSports had such bad reviews, it makes me sad to know anyone bought them.

Excellent..I'm off to buy Your Shape:Fitness Evolved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Any release dates on other worth while games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

An old style dancing game would be hilarious ,old jiving type music and swinging the girls unders the arm:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

If you have kids (or young at heart|!!!) Kinectimals. such a fun and cute game.

Kids love it.

I have the sonic game, but i dont think its a keeper, will prob trade it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

dont go near motion sports... woeful!!

kinect sports is great crack and have fuighters uncaged.. only played one or two fights and see it as being my excuse for not going to the gym.. really takes it out oy you and as said above streach first :p

i tried the demo for dance central and it was good crack wit a few mates n few beers... am thinking on getting it, its 37.99 in argos at the moment, they have a sale on kinect games....

Nipped down at lunch to buy Your Shape:Fitness evolved...I'll post a review on it later on :)
    Be very handy for those days I don't get to the gym.

Just played about an hour on hour and you get some workout on it...stuff I'd wouldn't do at a gym.
    Very accurate but you'd want the kinect at eye level as recommended and lots of space..

Christ I'm in pain today...and I'm blaming the table tennis/boxing on it..every kinect should come with a tube of deep heat for the pain.

Played your shape last night...after about 5 minutes of lunging/squating/boxing I was bollixed...I'm exercising muscles that I normally wouldn't from playing soccer/running etc. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ok Motion Sports, terrible. Very laggy. Doesn't recognise you half the time. No clear instructions. No idea how to unlock other game modes. Basically terrible!
    Kinect Sports, great. Very fun, especially goalkeeper games.
    Dance Central, brilliant but I'm terrible at it. Maybe I'm just too white.
    Kinectimals, kids game. Cute but yeah for the kiddies.

Will have to get Harry Potter but it'll probably be the game, not the controls, which let that down.

Got very excited when I saw a future release for NBA jam but I don't think it has Kinect controls, boo!

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Played your shape last night...after about 5 minutes of lunging/squating/boxing I was bollixed...I'm exercising muscles that I normally wouldn't from playing soccer/running etc. Highly recommended.

Sounds like it's easy enough to use ? ,I've been looking at the EA fitness game ,but it's 90 euro and looks very serious:(

I'm thinking the ubi fitness game is easier to pick up and use whenever ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I've played/own a few.

Dance Central and Kinect Sports are the best. The rest are decidely meh and bound for the bargain basement (unless you've got kids).

Roll on Kinect Star Wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

that's god to hear. I'd seen some review videos of kinect sport and though that the football on it looked muck. but everyone seems to say that they are haveing savage fun with it.

think i'll have to trade in black ops as it is utter SH!TE:eek: and get me a kinect.

cheers guys

ryaner012 wrote: »
    that's god to hear. I'd seen some review videos of kinect sport and though that the football on it looked muck. but everyone seems to say that they are haveing savage fun with it.

think i'll have to trade in black ops as it is utter SH!TE:eek: and get me a kinect.

cheers guys

well the football is muck on it :)
    but the boxing/tabling tennis and beach volleyball more than make up for it

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Sounds like it's easy enough to use ? ,I've been looking at the EA fitness game ,but it's 90 euro and looks very serious:(

I'm thinking the ubi fitness game is easier to pick up and use whenever ?

the boxing and toning is pretty easy to pick up...the yoga/zen/tai chai on the other hand :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Stay away from sonic, it will destroy your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

got your shape and have been using it for the past three days, im not fond of going to the gym, it kind of boars me but i find that the game while making you pump sweat is alot better as you can hop up off the couch when-ever and start.. hopefully i see some results off it down the line...

damm beer ruining the shape of my body :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Motion Sports is cack, the game itself has a few merits, but the shocking recognition system just does your nut in.

Enjoying Kinect Adventures with the kids mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Anyone know the best place to trade in games, Motion Sports, to be exact. As discussed, its rubbish.
    I do like the Kinetic Adventures and the demo of Dance Central is great, very responsive

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    the boxing and toning is pretty easy to pick up...the yoga/zen/tai chai on the other hand :o:D

I took the kinect out of the box last week and set it up ,used it for about ten minutes and haven't had time to get back to it yet.

Can't wait to use it at christmas though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Anyone picked up the EA fitness game yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

DingDong wrote: »
    Anyone picked up the EA fitness game yet?

its 79 in argos or 76 on amazon

i picked it up there, so far seems ok. Definatly works up a sweat andsome of the exercises do build up the heart rate(which cant be bad) but a bit glitchy in parts. Think it will get a few updates over the coming weeks to iron out a few issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Motion sports came in a bundle with the sensor, my jeazis its terrible, taking penalties 3 times before the game actually responds is not fun! Only offered €20 trade-in in gamestop

Anybody wanna buy motion sports? It's savage!

Adventures is very good, even had the dad jumping around like a sap, great laughs!

Haven't taken the plastic off dance central yet, ill leave that one to herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

Picked up the kinect and kinect sports there on Christmas eve had great fun with it on Christmas. Track and field is great fun. Looking to get your shape now try and get some fitness back now after all the eating and drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Anyone played the Star Wars game yet ???

Any good ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyone played the Star Wars game yet ???

Any good ?

Pretty sure that's not out yet! Hopefully this year!

Advertisement