Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended games for Kinect..

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's not out yet! Hopefully this year!

Oh right. I thought it was meant to be out december just gone ?!!

Edit:....ooooooohhhhh I'm a year early. Oops nevermind!!!

any good new games out people ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody use weights while doing workouts on your shape. It says its recommended to use 5 pound weights for each hand to increase your workout. Not sure where to get these or are they necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya i used weights with Your Shape. The exercises would be too easy without them! Any exercise where the on screen instructor has weights you should try use a light weight as described in the loading screen.

You may even up the weights for some exercises if you have them! Like doing the dumbell curl using 5lb weights, they might be a bit light for that exercise but plenty for the rest of the exercises in the program.

Can you reccomend anywhere to get them?

Argos or any sports shop should have them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭loopymum

The demo dance central is great, really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Kinect sports would be my choice...the motion tracking on it is v good compared to some of the others.

Anybody think the sports active game is much good for losing weight. I done the 12 minute work out today of cardio boxing gold level, full class. I burnt 95 calories and was sweating alot. Just when i used to use a threadmill it would take me 30 minutes walkin and joggin to burn 100 calories. Just wondering has anybody had any results with the game for weightloss just seemed a bit unrealistic losing 95 calories in 12 minutes, but im no expert. Considering saving to join a gym, but giving the game a chance first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody think the sports active game is much good for losing weight. I done the 12 minute work out today of cardio boxing gold level, full class. I burnt 95 calories and was sweating alot. Just when i used to use a threadmill it would take me 30 minutes walkin and joggin to burn 100 calories. Just wondering has anybody had any results with the game for weightloss just seemed a bit unrealistic losing 95 calories in 12 minutes, but im no expert. Considering saving to join a gym, but giving the game a chance first.

We are just after starting the EA Active fit, i only did the basic quick start and burned 136 on the 20min program, my wife just hit the 189 on a proper work out. Very good so far, it did loose me a few times but not too bad.

Lads, it's time to get real. While these sports game and indeed kinect in general are handy for getting sedentary people to move, there is no substitute for a proper exercise programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Got Kinect:Game Party in Motion as a present with the Kinect for Christmas. Looking at the box i was really looking forward to playing it. Seemed to have loads of different games. Got it going and it is the worst game i have ever played.

First of all i tried the hoop shooting game: Every time i tried to take a shot it paused and told me i was too close to the sensor. Stepped back a tiny bit, the same thing. Stepped back again, same thing. Finally i took another step back and the kinect told me it couldn't pick me up. When it final could pick me up the arm on my character was all over the place and only responded very frequently.

Then i tried the Darts: One out of every 6 or 7 throws actually registered and most the time sent the dart flying over the board.

I played one or two more small games and ended up giving up it was so bad and non responsive. It doesn't pick up what you are doing 95% of the time. I feel bad that my girlfriend spent good money on this. I have tried it in a few different rooms in the house to see if space or lighting was affecting it but have had the same problem everywhere. Seems any of the reviews i have seen online its the same problem. How where a company allowed to release a game so bad and unresponsive and charge €35 for it? Is there no one checking the standards? If this was someones first game they played on the Kinect it would probably put them off the Kinect, which i'm sure MS wouldn't be too happy about. Also i see reviews of Kinect: Sports Island are similar. Stay well clear of Game Party in Motion anyway is my advice.

Other than that Kinect Sports is fantastic and Kinect Adventures can be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Lads, it's time to get real. While these sports game and indeed kinect in general are handy for getting sedentary people to move, there is no substitute for a proper exercise programme.

Yes one could take up high-horse riding instead :rolleyes:

I really dont understand what you mean. Im not very overweight i want to lose a stone and tone up for a summer sun holiday. Im eating healthy doing an hour walk each night, i dont see the harm in using this game also in my free time. It has my heart pumping and sweat pouring just as would be in the gym. Plus also the personal trainer sets up routines i wouldnt have a clue to do if i was in the gym and keeps you motivated. I cant afford the gym at the moment and for €40 surely its good value. Have you actually tried the game, maybe im wrong it might not help but it motivates me and shows me cardio routines and exercises i wouldnt have a clue about if i was in a gym. Im only using it for the third day and my shoulders and lower body are stiff and a bit sore which means it must be doing something. So im not using it long enough to know if it will help me lose weight but hopefully it will.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I really dont understand what you mean. Im not very overweight i want to lose a stone and tone up for a summer sun holiday. Im eating healthy doing an hour walk each night, i dont see the harm in using this game also in my free time. It has my heart pumping and sweat pouring just as would be in the gym. Plus also the personal trainer sets up routines i wouldnt have a clue to do if i was in the gym and keeps you motivated. I cant afford the gym at the moment and for €40 surely its good value. Have you actually tried the game, maybe im wrong it might not help but it motivates me and shows me cardio routines and exercises i wouldnt have a clue about if i was in a gym. Im only using it for the third day and my shoulders and lower body are stiff and a bit sore which means it must be doing something. So im not using it long enough to know if it will help me lose weight but hopefully it will.

Absolutely no harm in using the game the way you are, but it is primarily a game, I doubt it would help you shift a stone, unless you were on it a few hours a day, I'd recommend running or something if that much weight loss is your goal.

An hours cycling could burn up on 1000 cals if you push it, and a 30/40 min run around 600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I think the kinect is a great piece of hardware to have at home ,haven't used it much yet ,but when I did I was jumping up as high as I could off my doughnut:D
    The photos afterwards are gas.

It might not be an alternative to excercise ,but it's definetly an alternative to sitting on your ass.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    It might not be an alternative to excercise ,but it's definetly an alternative to sitting on your ass.

Too right it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭santiago

I was disappointed to find out there is no tennis on Kinect Sports but table tennis will do !
    A flight simulation will be a real bonus !

Advertisement