Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAGE CONTENDER: DUBLIN : 12 MARCH 2011

• 16-11-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

CAGE CONTENDER will return to the National Basketball Arena in Dublin with the first Irish show of season 2 on 12th March 2011.

Any coaches wanting fighters on the card should email john@fightoptions.com we will require full fighter details including other combat sports experience.

As with all Cage Contender events this will be a televised show, which when paired with the massive media exposure that Cage Contender receives provides the best platform for any Irish fighter wanting to raise his/her career to a higher level.

We have already got fighter lists in from 11 clubs, we will have a minimum of 12 fights on the card.

I will announce fights as they are agreed and contracted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Silly question maybe BUUUT what about cage contender 8?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Tones69 wrote: »
    Silly question maybe BUUUT what about cage contender 8?
    Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE

Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) vs John Redmond (RFA)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Manchester.

Ah no! not again!

I know its great for the promo and the fighters but im selfish! :mad:

Manchester.

Gotcha! Lookin forward to IX already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

fightie wrote: »
    CAGE CONTENDER will return to the National Basketball Arena in Dublin with the first Irish show of season 2 on 12th March 2011.

Any coaches wanting fighters on the card should email john@fightoptions.com we will require full fighter details including other combat sports experience.

As with all Cage Contender events this will be a televised show, which when paired with the massive media exposure that Cage Contender receives provides the best platform for any Irish fighter wanting to raise his/her career to a higher level.

We have already got fighter lists in from 11 clubs, we will have a minimum of 12 fights on the card.

I will announce fights as they are agreed and contracted

Yippee! That is all.

CAGE CONTENDER WELTERWEIGHT TITLE

Cathal Pendred (SBGi) vs Liam Shannon (PCCB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Wow two magnificant fights to start card:)

I would have Redmond as definately one of the rising stars for next year and tough fight, one to be savoured lol!!!

Cathal and Liam well we cant wait for this I think would sell out if it was the only fight on the card;)

Im surprised that on the other thread not much was actually said about the fights at the last show! I felt apart from silly pole dancers that there was some real quality there! Firstly Id like to say how exciting teen fights were especially James and Mark. As I said when the last fought it really gives hope for future of the sport with two great fighters! I know both worked extremely hard for the fight and you could see their game had definately stepped up from Immortal show! I am really proud of you James keep it up;)

Joe Clarke - Ive been a fan of Joe since he first fought many moons ago in the ramble and he still fails to disappoint me! True sportsman and congratulations on a brillant debut! I would encourage younger guys to look up to Joe he has came a long way in the sport and with his club they have played the game well and not pushed pro until now which I feel is perfect timing:)

Im torn with my fight of the night Neil v Damien or Arni v Ronan. I think for me it may hav actually swayed to Arni v Ronan. Great fight which Ronan dominated at start but well done to Arni;) Neill v Damien such a sluggin war, neither of these guys were gonna give up easily, I dont feel it was the greatest skill (in their standup) just sheer determination to win and very entertaining:cool:

Just my pennies worth lol ;)

Urs
    x

ps and although it pains me congratulations to SBGi who one of their members pointed out they hold 4.5 of the 5 titles at CC (McVeigh trained with them at one stage) Three of these titles were hard fought so credit wer it is due and well done!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 13bmoe

[/QUOTE] ps and although it pains me congratulations to SBGi who one of their members pointed out they hold 4.5 of the 5 titles at CC (McVeigh trained with them at one stage) Three of these titles were hard fought so credit wer it is due and well done!!!![/QUOTE]

Just curious, maybe its a mistake but which Title fight wasn't hard fought??

Im not gonna insult anyone on this but its my opinion and we are all allowed to have one so Im not sayin...... sorry

Urs
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

I would love to see Neil Seery and Paul McVeigh duke it out at bantam, that would be a serious fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 johnMma

I would have Redmond as definately one of the rising stars for next year and tough fight, one to be savoured lol!!!

i cant wait to see fields v redmond,its going to be another great win for sbg :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

da-bres wrote: »
    I would love to see Neil Seery and Paul McVeigh duke it out at bantam, that would be a serious fight!

This happened years ago on Cag Rage in The Point Depot, Neil has come on a long LONG way since then and would be nice to see a rematch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

John make the Myles Price v Norman Parke fight happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

ollieo wrote: »
    John make the Myles Price v Norman Parke fight happen :D

Norman already beat Myles in earlier CC . i'd like to see it again

Ramunas wrote: »

But Myles holds the Title so I think people just want to see a rematch;)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mrs Lynch wrote: »

Urs
    x

It's logical they fight-Myles has the title and wants to gain revenge on his defeat to Norman so it makes sense to rematch this fight for the belt, plus its 1 the fans will like to see..

If Myles did not have the Title then the rematch would not be important but people feel Norman deserves the shot and it suits both.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Urs
    x

Both Myles and Norman have said they want this fight, and I am happy that it will happen. It will not be on the upcoming Dublin show but i will keep you updated as to when it will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Is norman the first in line for a title shot?

• Advertisement

Is norman the first in line for a title shot?

He is the next of the Irish fighters in line yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Philpott1mm4

Norman has proved his point, he deserves it,

Why let some other guy get it when clearly norman is the best in country, so let him have a go and then bring someone in it makes since..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gatecrasher69er

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ollieo
    John make the Myles Price v Norman Parke fight happen

yea but the fight was finished pretty qiuck..you cant judge someones performane that way..i would love a 3round war.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Ramunas wrote: »

I know Norman beat Myles before, but Myles is the title holder and Norman is in many peoples opinion the top lightweight active in Ireland, so it only makes sense to have a rematch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

ollieo wrote: »
    I know Norman beat Myles before, but Myles is the title holder and Norman is in many peoples opinion the top lightweight active in Ireland, so it only makes sense to have a rematch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rematch.

Agreed. But i think we could be waiting for quite some time for this fight to eventually happen.
    I just get the impression John dosnt want it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

yea but the fight was finished pretty qiuck..you cant judge someones performane that way..i would love a 3round war.
    Thats the best way you can judge somebodys performance, finish the fight and come out unharmed.

From a fans point of view we would all love a 3 round war!:D

Norman has proved his point, he deserves it,

Why let some other guy get it when clearly norman is the best in country, so let him have a go and then bring someone in it makes since..

Sounds like you know Norman fairly well, if he is clearly the best in the country then he will have the belt pretty soon, so no need to worry ;)

LIGHTWEIGHT

Domz McConnell (NFT) v Connor McGregor (SBGi)

WELTERWEIGHT

John Ging (Tuatha De Danann) v Vlad Malko (Cork City Combat Sambo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

WELTERWEIGHT

Great to see Vlad on another big show.

He is the next of the Irish fighters in line yes.

What about Greg???? If we cant have Norman :(

Urs
    x

What about Greg???? If we cant have Norman :(

Urs
    x

Norman is the next of the Irish fighters in line ;)

There is more to the plan for Myles than fighting only on Cage Contender!!!

He was supposed to be fighting in the UK this week but is out injured, he has a few other fights in line before he comes back to fight on CC again

He was supposed to be fighting in the UK this week but is out injured, he has a few other fights in line before he comes back to fight on CC again

Ok :(

Can I have bw McVeigh v Seery, and maybe Rooney v Doolan????? Well it is Christmas lol ;)

Urs
    x

Do you have a mandatory defence clause? Is there a time limit on defending the belt before it has to be relinquished?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gatecrasher69er

Do you have a mandatory defence clause? Is there a time limit on defending the belt before it has to be relinquished?

john told me it has to be defended once every 6months!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

john told me it has to be defended once every 6months!!

I was under the impression it was a year. So thats 24th of July next year at the latest.
    However i dont know what John told you Norman. To be honest i think your gonna have to wait for a while yet for it.

Bantamweight

Richie Edgeworth (Ryano) v Richie Ivory (Next Gen Arklow)

Middleweight

Charlie Ward (SBGi) v Ben Forsyth (Rising Phoenix)

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE

Chris "The Killing" Fields (SBGi) vs John Redmond (RFA)

CAGE CONTENDER WELTERWEIGHT TITLE

Cathal Pendred (SBGi) vs Liam Shannon (PCCB)

LIGHTWEIGHT

Domz McConnell (NFT) v Connor McGregor (SBGi)

WELTERWEIGHT

BANTAMWEIGHT

Richie Edgeworth (Ryano) v Richie Ivory (Next Gen Arklow)

MIDDLEWEIGHT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

Middleweight

if you go to this show...you will be talking about Charlie Ward afterwards...i guarantee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

Ok :(

Can I have bw McVeigh v Seery, and maybe Rooney v Doolan????? Well it is Christmas lol ;)

Urs
    x
    i agree seery v mcviegh wud be a crakin fight

tyreman1 wrote: »
    i agree seery v mcviegh wud be a crakin fight

Andy has made me aware that Seery is now fighting at Flyweight. McVeigh is the Bantamweight title holder!

Dear Santa Contender

I have been a relatively good girl this year! I help the old (Mr Lavery sometimes needs helped up at training), Im kind to the less fortunate (I bit my lip at times lik wen Mr Moore asks is he still "handsome" lol), I dont take liberty to the weak (I never forced anyone to ballroom dance altho they lost bets) I share my beers (as I recall Halloween lol);)

Given all the above can I please have the following fights on your show:-
    *** ****** v **** *****
    **** ******* v ****** ******
    *** ***** v ****** *****
    ****** v ****** ******
    *** ******* v **** *****
    **** ****** v *** ******

Thank you so very much for assisting in the progress of Irish MMA in 2010 and with the above fights will make 2011 lol :D

Urs
    x

p.s. Can I also have an Red Audi Q7 (well dont ask I dont get;))

Dear Santa Contender

I have been a relatively good girl this year! I help the old (Mr Lavery sometimes needs helped up at training), Im kind to the less fortunate (I bit my lip at times lik wen Mr Moore asks is he still "handsome" lol), I dont take liberty to the weak (I never forced anyone to ballroom dance altho they lost bets) I share my beers (as I recall Halloween lol);)

Given all the above can I please have the following fights on your show:-
    *** ****** v **** *****
    **** ******* v ****** ******
    *** ***** v ****** *****
    ****** v ****** ******
    *** ******* v **** *****
    **** ****** v *** ******

Thank you so very much for assisting in the progress of Irish MMA in 2010 and with the above fights will make 2011 lol :D

Urs
    x

p.s. Can I also have an Red Audi Q7 (well dont ask I dont get;))

I feel a game of Match maker hang man coming on!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I feel a game of Match maker hang man coming on!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hehe....... You reackon you wanna bet against ME:D Now take time to think bout it you know how ruthless I can be when it comes to betting lol;)

Urs
    x

p.s. Looking fwd to my Audi, its gonna come in so handy when I drive certain celebs (and royalty) about lol:p

i heard through the grape vine that Damo Rooney is taking on Declan Williams at this event, any truth?

$ausage$ wrote: »
    i heard through the grape vine that Damo Rooney is taking on Declan Williams at this event, any truth?

Didnt they fight in Manchester and it was a draw?:confused:

Cud be a good "fight for glory";)

Urs
    x

Didnt they fight in Manchester and it was a draw?:confused:

Cud be a good "fight for glory";)

Urs
    x

Yeh they did and it was a Draw, so would be good to get it in Ireland and see if the result is different. Im near sure I heard this mentioned like a month ago on here, because I was happy it was in Ireland and I would get to see it. Maybe Fightie could shine some light on the topic.

They fought a draw in manchester but I felt Damo had done enough to win it. In my notes I had it 10-9, 10-9, 10-10 in favour of Rooney. But it was a very close match. Worthy of a rematch in my opinion.

yeh i hope it does go ahead as I hought it was a close call too and would like to see it setteled once and for all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement