Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting to avail of online offer

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hey guys i am with meteor(payg) and want to change to bill pay with their online offer, but as i am a customer I have to go into the shop and it costs an xtra 10 euro a month. What i want to know if i port over to another network how long do i have to stay with them before I can port back??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

i think you can do it on the same day, not fully sure though. do you wanto keep the same number your on now?-if not just order new bill pay sim online

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Do it same day. I did it.

Well actually when I did it Vodafone said it'd take half an hour to port over, 4 or 5 hours later when I went into the Meteor shop it still hadn't gone through so the Meteor guy rang up Vodafone, cancelled the port, and still gave me the promo price :D

Sound lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

thanks guys..i want to keep number..just thought if i moved from meteor to another network, there would be a time limit before I could port back. ty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mac1961 wrote: »
    thanks guys..i want to keep number..just thought if i moved from meteor to another network, there would be a time limit before I could port back. ty

Their is, its 30 days. Not sticking to it obviously, and some people that they weren't giving the offer got it by asking nicely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ring the meteor sales department... it's a 1800 number on their website and say you are going to port to another network for 30 days and then port back to meteor to qualify for the online offer as a new customer.

they should offer you the same deal as a new customer then to stop you porting to another network. its their job to keep you on meteor.

make sure you push for the €30 line rental and free meteor calls and texts as that's what a new customer porting in receives. that's what I got recently when I said I was going to port to another network temporarily.

hope this helps

• Advertisement

thanks guys for advise will give them a ring in the morning..I was checking the meteor forum and it look likely the only way was to port..will let you know how i get on..cheers

Rang them today..no can do..cant believe it he was very matter a fact, I have to go into a store, obviously don't care about people leaving and I top up by 20+ a month.

Advertisement