Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice please!

• 16-11-2010 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi there,

I'm hoping some of the more experienced kayakers on here could give me a little advice. I'm thinking of giving a kayak to my partner as a Christmas gift. I have been looking at the Bic Bilbao. We have tried this on water and it seemed perfect. And it's the right price which is very important.

My worry is that I don't know enough to decide... My partner is probably closer to intermediate than beginner in the water so I'm afraid this isn't the right choice for her.

But it is really just for fun in the summer nothing too serious.

I have also seen a barely used Liquid Logic Coupe for sale on iCanoe at the same price so not sure if this would be better.

Any thoughts people, please??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

If its for only abit of recreational paddling in the summer on flat water then the bic would be fine, however the Liquid logic you have seen in i-canoe will give abit more scope to your partner as it is designed to be used in white water also so it has the comfort and ease of use as most other sit on top kayaks but with advantage of being very responsive and will possible aid your partners progression in the sport.

Hope this helps

Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smurph11

Thanks Paddy, that's kind of what I had been thinking myself. I guess I'm a little anxious too that this one has been used and I won't have seen the condition before I buy. Cheers for the advice though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

The condition of ex demo boats can be really good give the guys in i-canoe a call and ask them they are sound and will tell you straight. I know that Kayak has not been on the market long so I would say it is in good nick.
    But give them a buzz and ask.

Cheers
    Paddy
    www.irishcanoekayak.com

Advertisement