Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelmsford, celbridge

Options
  • 16-11-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

The wife and I are looking at houses in Celbridge, and are intrigued by Chelmsford.

We note that a new development of houses is planned, and it looks like an offshoot of the older estate.

Does anyone have any information on this new development/older estate.

Particularly, is the developer of the new houses the same developer that built the existing estate?

The new development looks like it will be comprised of much smaller houses. However, it appears to me that it can only be accessed after the entrance to the existing estate.

Any idea if residents of existing development were opposed to the plans and what is expected now that the property market has hit the rocks.

All and any insight very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

CBYR1983 wrote: »
    The wife and I are looking at houses in Celbridge, and are intrigued by Chelmsford.

We note that a new development of houses is planned, and it looks like an offshoot of the older estate.

Does anyone have any information on this new development/older estate.

Particularly, is the developer of the new houses the same developer that built the existing estate?

The new development looks like it will be comprised of much smaller houses. However, it appears to me that it can only be accessed after the entrance to the existing estate.

Any idea if residents of existing development were opposed to the plans and what is expected now that the property market has hit the rocks.

All and any insight very much appreciated.

Chelmsford is a lovely estate. The new development is by a different developer. Chelmsford residents objected, especially as the access route is in their estate. Permission was granted but it is unlikely that it will be built anytime soon, if ever, like a lot of other developments in the current economic climate. I can't find the reference number at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

Well it looks like the showhouse is almost ready to open. Any one care to guess the prices here as its POA on the websites? I'm guessing as its Coonans it could be another sealed bid process.

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/chelmsford-manor-celbridge-co-kildare/2992482

www.chelmsfordmanor.ie

Advertisement