Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fig Rolls and Customs

Options
  • 16-11-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

My younger brother is spending his second christmas in a row in Oz (he might come back for next crimbo) so we are sending him a parcel to open on Christmas morning. He misses Jacobs fig rolls but I'm worried about customs since figs are fruit - although they are fairly processed. Should I send them and hope for the best - or would they throw the whole parcel out if they found the fig rolls and they weren't allowed.

Edited to add: The government website states that "dried fruit and vegetables containing seeds or fruit peel" are forbidden. The ingredient list on a packet of fig rolls includes "fig paste 30%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Now before anyone says any thing I don't have any thing to do with these guys so i'm not advertsing

tasteireland%20banner.jpg

But they have Hundreds of Irish goodies only with Delivery Australia wide.

Might be an idea to use them to send stuff to your brother

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'd say they'd be fine, but it makes to send him a hamper from the above site, probably cheaper too with the price of sending a single parcel from ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

fig rolls are muck... ewwwwi

Advertisement