Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready made korma sauce?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi guys, newbie here. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good ready made korma sauce and where to get it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

If you're near somewhere that sells Bombay Pantry products - they do great sauces. If you like Korma, try the New Delhi Housewives choice. NYOMS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The sauces from these guys are great

http://www.currysauce.ie/mild/

Lovin this korma sauce, find it really tasty and even tastier when chilled the following day.

I purchase them in the local health store.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately I'm not near anywhere that sells bombay pantry stuff but will try those meridian sauces the next time I'm in omni. I did see korma sauce in lidl for 79c which is extremely cheap but unsure how nice it would be? My sister has bought some of the uncle bens korma sauce so will give that a try in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I buy perpared Korma spice packs and just add coconut milk to them. You can buy them in most big supermarkets or farmers markets etc. Iv been doing this for a while now and recently tasted a korma from a jar and couldnt believe how salty it was. Would you try this? Its just as fast and works out cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

If your passing an Aldi store they stock a jar of korma that is really good, it has a plastic cap attached with the dry spices on top and the sauce in the jar, i think its about 90c?!! Very good value, and really tasty.

Thanks everyone. Tried the Uncle bens one tonight, was ok, nothing special, tasted like any generic curry sauce really not especially korma. Will definitely look out for the aldi one and will give the satchets and coconot milk a try. Should really try making my own bit am not a great cook and would have very few of the ingredients at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Have no idea about quality but I like the Lidl sauces, tried the aldi ones and found them really gloopy and not that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I would recommend trying Pataks. I have never tried their Korma sauce , but
    I use their pastes regularly and the quality is great. Tesco and SQ stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

+1 to pataks, a very well respected brand, I remember seeing a documentary on them and Indian chefs saying how good it was.

Bombay pantry are very good too, was there tonight, you can look in the window and see them cooking everything up fresh, they have lots of pataks brand stuff in the window on show too (not that they would make their korma from just the jar!).
    http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/korma-cooking-sauce.aspx
    pataks do a korma paste too, I have not had their butter chicken sauce but it is on my list, bombay pantry do one, it is the favourite dish of a good few people I know.

Bombay pantry have stuff in some supermarkets now, even an off licence near me had chilled meals in the fridge. some listed here
    https://www.bombaypantry.com/index.php?page=retail_products

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Another vote for Pataks, even Jamie Oliver recommends them above going to the hassle of creating your own sauces.

Well i have a good few suggestions to try out now! Will keep an eye out for those patak sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, the Patek's one has little shards of coconut in it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just to mention -Pataks korma & tikka masala sauces are €1.49 in tesco at the moment, I think until 7th dec. The rest were mainly 1.99 which is already a decent price.

They also had biryani which is baked which I never saw before, you cook chicken add the sauce some rice and water and bring it to the boil, then bake for 35mins.

http://www.pataks.co.uk/products/oven-bake-biryani-hot-spicy.aspx

Advertisement