Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two children, two adults found dead in Newcastle West.

• 16-11-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

just on 95fm new 2 children 1 and 5 and 2 adults found dead in house,,children may have suffered violent death.
    such a tragedy,,,,god bless them...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Fúck, I really hope this is not true

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Unconfirmed-reports-of-four-people.6628026.jp
    A GUNMAN is being hunted down in West Limerick this Tuesday afternoon, following reports - as yet unconfirmed - that four people have been shot dead in Newcastle West.
    The Limerick Leader understands that a huge garda manhunt is now under way.

It is believed that the four people murdered are two women and two children.
    A MAN is being hunted down in West Limerick this Tuesday afternoon, following the discovery of four bodies Newcastle West. It is believed the four were stabbed to death.

The Limerick Leader understands that a huge garda manhunt is now under way.

Gardai discovered the four bodies at approximately 1.45pm and have sealed off a house in the Hazel Grove estate in Newcastle West. The bodies are still at the scene.

Earlier reports had suggested that the victims had been shot, but it is now believed that they were stabbed to death.

The four people killed are two women and two young children, both girls and believed to be age five and one.

Early reports suggest the bodies of the two children were discovered upstairs in the house, with the two women found dead downstairs.

One of the two women is the mother of the children.

Local councillors have reacted with shock to the news.

Cllr Patrick O'Donovan said: "It is absolutely unbelievable, the whole place is in absolute shock because it is not something you expect to happen on your own doorstep.

"It is unreal, multiple deaths is something you read about it is not something you associate with your own locality."

Cllr Michael Collins added: "I'm absolutely shocked and horrified that something like this could happen in our local community. It is something that just doesn't happen and my thoughts would be with all of the families at this time".

UPDATE:Two children, two adults found dead in Limerick
    A murder suspect was being hunted tonight after a woman, her friend and two children were stabbed to death.

The man went missing after the four were killed in the Newcastle-West area of Limerick shortly after lunchtime.

It is understood the suspect was married to one of the women and the two children were aged under five.

The alarm was raised some time after 1pm with the two dead women and two dead children discovered in a house.

The bodies were found inside the home on a housing estate in the town at 1.35pm.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/two-children-two-adults-found-dead-in-limerick-482048.html#ixzz15Sbhi9uD

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭guns4fun

just heard that,but no mention of gunman hope thats not true.
    maybe a domestic situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Good lord..
    Crazy and scary if true. I have family in Newcastle West..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This looks like a domestic, terrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mrsmidas

This is a terrible day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RTÉ news carrying the story too.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1116/newcastlewest.html

Mod Warning:

Please keep idle speculation to an absolute minimum in the aftermath of what is understandably a horrible event.

Condolences to the friends and family of the deceased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mrsmidas wrote: »
    This is a terrible day.

It's pretty crazy, 7 people dead in munster this morning, 4 children and 3 adults.

Condolences to the friends and family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Christ almighty, a horror story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lokogoyang

This is horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Jesus christ this world is going mad. How can anybody kill a child?
    This is a really bad day for humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

may god have mercy.what is our country coming to that children have to be murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

beyond words,

sleep well little ones...........

My heart goes out to all the families concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RIP

Horrific tragedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,141 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

OMG this is horrid what is the Country coming to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Horrid, just horrid - R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Where abouts in Newcastle west did it happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

It is all so tragic but it is impossible to comprehend how someone can kill children. RIP.

panda100 wrote: »

The Hazel Grove estate according to http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Unconfirmed-reports-of-four-people.6628026.jp

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

panda100 wrote: »

Happend at hazel grove just off castleview lane

Horrible , scary aswell live literally 30 seconds down the road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

h3000 wrote: »

Jesus I drove past there just before half 1!! Tryin to think did I see anything suspicious....OMG this is just horrific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

latest news is that there were 2 women in the house and not a man and women,,all were stabbed to death and not shot as previously reported.
    culprit still at large.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Its a very very sad day people. My heart is breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

My blood ran cold as I heard this leaving a Limerick school today.

Sometimes there are just no words.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Am living nearby, have heard locally that the guards have a man in custody but we've been told to keep doors locked etc...
    Horrible horrible eerie feeling around the town when I went to pick up my kids from school..
    So sad, so tragic.
    God love the families.
    A mans name has been bandied around but is only speculation, so wouldn't dream of commenting......
    Those poor babies and poor girls, God love them.
    Am not religious but at times like this all you can do is say a prayer..
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Terrible news, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Munstermad wrote: »
    Am living nearby, have heard locally that the guards have a man in custody but we've been told to keep doors locked etc...
    Horrible horrible eerie feeling around the town when I went to pick up my kids from school..
    So sad, so tragic.
    God love the families.
    A mans name has been bandied around but is only speculation, so wouldn't dream of commenting......
    Those poor babies and poor girls, God love them.
    Am not religious but at times like this all you can do is say a prayer..
    RIP

He has been caught by the Gardai:
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-arrest-man-in-connection-with-stabbing-of-four-in-limerick-482063.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was in Glin this evening when I first heard about it. The killer had not been caught at that point and the girls working in the shop that I was in were genuinely worried as to where he could be. Was meant to pass through NCW on my way home, but did not do so as I would imagine that the town will have enough rubberneckers passing through.

It really was a savage and almost unimaginable thing that he did. I just cannot fathom the type of person who could murder a young child and a toddler like that, as well as kill two women in cold blood.

Terrible losses for the families of those whose lives were taken.

It is of no use to the people who suffered the loss of loved ones today, but I hope that the person responsible for this never walks the streets anywhere in Ireland as a free man again. He should be locked away until the end of his days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mtcgirl

He is nothing but a sick twisted monster...That girl was my best friend and her two kiddies did not deserve this at all!!!!!It wasn't her sister as they reported in the news but another innocent life who happened to be another friend of mine...

[Modified by billy the squid]

Please light a candle or say a prayer for them and the poor family in co.cork.

Advertisement