Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two children, two adults found dead in Newcastle West.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Dreadful story , we must remember that the man in custody has not yet been charged much less convicted of any offences at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Heart breaking.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have modified one post and removed some potentially prejudicial material from it.

Loose tongues have to potential to cause trials to collapse, so anyone claiming that a person is guilty before a trial will have their post removed, and persistent offenders will receive further sanctions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

almighty1 wrote: »
    Jesus christ this world is going mad. How can anybody kill a child?
    This is a really bad day for humanity.

You are aware that two women died as well, or do their deaths not matter?
    DERICKOO wrote: »
    may god have mercy.what is our country coming to that anyone has to be murdered.

Fixed your post
    Kess73 wrote: »
    It really was a savage and almost unimaginable thing that he did. I just cannot fathom the type of person who could murder a young child and a toddler like that, as well as kill two women in cold blood.

Thanks for mentioning that it wasn't just children who were murdered, it makes me sick when people (After Hours I'm looking at you) gloss over the deaths of adults and focus only on the deaths of the children involved, remember most murdered adults are someone's children too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Demonique, I think everyone is well aware that it wasn't just children who lost their lives yesterday. Different things affect people in different ways, and infanticide is one that will always be particularly shocking. Don't take that out personally on other posters.

This is not a thread for FYPs or other posturing. I'd hope everyone would keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Demonique, I think everyone is well aware that it wasn't just children who lost their lives yesterday. Different things affect people in different ways, and infanticide is one that will always be particularly shocking. Don't take that out personally on other posters.

This is not a thread for FYPs or other posturing. I'd hope everyone would keep that in mind.
    Well said. Its a shocking situation and having a go at people over their reactions doesn't help. Every rational person is mourning these deaths. My heart is breaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Mperrozzi wrote: »
    Happend at hazel grove just off castleview lane

Horrible , scary aswell live literally 30 seconds down the road
    You sig says you are in Dublin Tallaght, so how can you be 30 seconds down the road :confused::confused::confused: Have you got one of those star trek teleporty things?:eek:

Sad day for anybody to lose their life in any tragedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Mperrozzi

limklad wrote: »
    You sig says you are in Dublin Tallaght, so how can you be 30 seconds down the road :confused::confused::confused: Have you got one of those star trek teleporty things?:eek:

Sad day for anybody to lose their life in any tragedy.

I moved to Limerick around 8 months ago don't know how to change the location.....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

the man they have is after confessing and is now charged, will be in court in ncw tomorrow, just read in a paper today that he checked into the stella maris hotel in kilkee on the monday, went for a chicked curry on tuesday at about 1 then to myles creek bar and the central bar in kilkee and knocked back a few vodkas, didnt say much to anyone, probably getting his last ever taste of alcohol, child killer will have a rough time in prision i would imagine

Hope its ok to dig this up mods. Couldn't see a reason to start a new thread. Was talking to someone about this trial over the weekend and when it was due to happen. I looked it up and by sheer coincidence its tomorrow, (well technically today) the 17th of June. It will be an interesting news topic and I hope the victims families finally get the justice they deserve and the guilty person gets a nice long stint behind bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was thinking of this case last week and wondering when it was on. A difficult few weeks ahead for the families. Won't be easy to have to hear the indept details of their death. Hope justice will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Am closing this thread more so as the trial is ongoing, than for the thread being an old one.

If people wish to discuss the verdict, within reason of course, once it arrives, then I can reopen this thread by request

Am reopening the thread by request as the trial reached a conclusion very quickly with a guilty plea being admitted for all four murders. Sentencing is to follow next month so no speculation on that side of things.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0617/457107-man-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-four-people/

Thread is open again guys and gals, but common sense posting please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Well done to the gardai for solving this case - I know it is little conform to the famil but at least there is closure for them.

Also just heard about what happened in Kilorglin. This is crazy. Just as one case is closed, another has opened :( Sad day. RIP

Four life sentences to run concurrently and are backdated to 2010. Stupid Irish justice system.

Link to story.
    WARNING: YOU MAY FIND THIS UPSETTING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

shaaane wrote: »
    Four life sentences to run concurrently and are backdated to 2010. Stupid Irish justice system.

Link to story.
    WARNING: YOU MAY FIND THIS UPSETTING.

Concurrent sentencing really really needs to be gotten rid of!
    The number of folks with multiple convictions, who are in reality actually only serving the time sentenced for 1 of those convictions is staggering!
    R.I.P to those who were killed, and my thoughts are with the families....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

banie01 wrote: »
    Concurrent sentencing really really needs to be gotten rid of!
    The number of folks with multiple convictions, who are in reality actually only serving the time sentenced for 1 of those convictions is staggering!
    R.I.P to those who were killed, and my thoughts are with the families....

Could not agree more. Concurrent sentencing is a sick joke in cases like this.

A terrible and senseless loss of four lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kess73 wrote: »
    Could not agree more. Concurrent sentencing is a sick joke in cases like this.

A terrible and senseless loss of four lives.

Judge is a fcuking disgrace. That man should never see the light of day again. Bet he'll be out early too for "good behaviour" :rolleyes:

Advertisement