If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver Quote

Options
  • 16-11-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Well the trusty 607 has gone to its new owner so im looking for its replacement.

Interested in either the Denon 1911 or Onkyo 608. I've just got the MA BR6's from yourselves so which would suit best. It'll be used for 70% Movies so looking for strong bass response.

Any advice on the above receivers or alternatives welcome and as always your best price...:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi PCDub

Have you seen Johns post re the AV Receiver Price crash here -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056074658

He has an offer on Denon 1911 AV receiver there

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

I did indeed Ash but i've not decided yet which one or if its going to be one of the above. Looking for some advice really. Good price on the 1911 but the 608 gets 5 stars from whathifi. Decisions decisions....

One thing i forgot is it has to pass audio\video while on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@bucks73

Please see Charter, particularly the following:

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Ooops. Sorry Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi PC.

I think you're only option on that receiver is to go for the Onkyo as the Pioneer and the Denon don't pass the HDMI when powered off.

The Pioneer is a cracker too.

I own an Onkyo and love it, but I'd be swayed by that Pioneer.

The Onkyo are pretty short on the ground at the mo but we are expecting some stock in next week.

Let me know if you want one and I can stick your name on the list.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Cheers for the reply Dave.
    The pioneer does sound good alright but dont need the ipod integration stuff.
    It looks like the 608 is the winner so all i need now is a price and i can start getting the sheckles together....

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PCDub wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply Dave.
    The pioneer does sound good alright but dont need the ipod integration stuff.
    It looks like the 608 is the winner so all i need now is a price and i can start getting the sheckles together....

PC,

Long(ish) time no hear!

Ok I (MAY) have some really interesting news on the Denon AVR1911 tomorrow (That's probably today for most of you reading this...).

However on the Onkyo front - I do have interesting news on the Onkyo 508 tonight!

We have now reduced this to just £269.95 which makes it really cracking value!

On the TX-SR608 - I can do it at £439.95 including delivery.

I have fresh stocks incoming tomorrow but they are really scarce at the moment so drop me a line if you would like me to pop your name on one.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote - it's much appreciated..

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.