Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild camping - Electricity ?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello here,

I am posting for two friends who recently came to Ireland. They arranged a van into a kind of camping car.

63334_454524514728_813319728_4987171_393785_n.jpg

With the winter coming, their problem is that it is getting cold in the van. Their question is:

Is there any place in the County Cork where they can pay for Electricity supply to be able to use their heater? (Their heater is too powerful for the van.)
    If not, any advices are welcome!

Thank you. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Hello here,

I am posting for two friends who recently came to Ireland. They arranged a van into a kind of camping car.

63334_454524514728_813319728_4987171_393785_n.jpg

With the winter coming, their problem is that it is getting cold in the van. Their question is:

Is there any place in the County Cork where they can pay for Electricity supply to be able to use their heater? (Their heater is too powerful for the van.)
    If not, any advices are welcome!

Thank you. :)

:D
    Get a smaller heater ;)
    Except for some illegal and highly dangerous fiddling with electricity supply lines, the only options (as far as I could imagine) would be getting someone eg a farmer to help supply, or hooking up in a campsite.
    A small diesel generator is what I used in my younger days for such things, though I preferred a small wood burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

In most Marinas there is an electrical supply available for boats. I know there is one in Courtmacsherry, (a small marina), so any bigger one should have power available at the keyside. Not sure about voltage etc. though.
    dave

Advertisement