Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four found dead in Co Limerick house

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Nobody is trying to blame them for this. Somebody is trying to point out that there is a link between the outer world of the economy and the inner world of family life. Sadly, damage to the former causes damage to the latter.

I refer you to your earlier post-
    I'd like people to bear in mind the depression that the bust has caused, and I can't help wondering how much of a factor this will be in causing tragedies like this in the coming years. I hope that David Drumm, Sean Fitzpatrick, Cowen, Lenihan, Patrick Neary and all the others realise that they may have played a part in this by bringing the country to its knees.

It sounds pretty much to me like you were trying to 'excuse' the tragedies because we are in a recession. Just admit it, this was below the belt, you just wanted to get a political dig in. And it doesn't even make sense. The four people in Limerick were murdered FFS.
    Anyway, I don't want to discuss this any further. Let's just wait until the facts are presented.
    In the meantime, RIP to the deceased, and condolences to their loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Just I feel sick.

Why don't RTE put up a picture of him on the website? So if anyone spots him, they can give the Garda in there local a ring.

Or mayber they would be afraid your man would end up dead.

As for the other women, I can't even imagine how/where her head is at. Whole family wiped out, regardless of the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

+1. I'm really struggling to understand the mindset of people trying to blame it on Seanie Fitz and FF. Ok I know there will always be point scoring and propaganda, but this is just taking the piss.
    I refer you to your earlier post-

It sounds pretty much to me like you were trying to 'excuse' the tragedies because we are in a recession. Just admit it, this was below the belt, you just wanted to get a political dig in. And it doesn't even make sense. The four people in Limerick were murdered FFS.

Stop it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

*deleted*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so, living in limerick, and they're looking for a suspect, perhaps share a photo then?! or any info?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

4 young children dead. Words fail me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

msg11 wrote: »
    Just I feel sick.

Why don't RTE put up a picture of him on the website? So if anyone spots him, they can give the Garda in there local a ring.

Or mayber they would be afraid your man would end up dead.

As for the other women, I can't even imagine how/where her head is at. Whole family wiped out, regardless of the circumstances.

In all honestly, putting up a picture of the man at this moment by any news outlet, would be nothing but reckless. A national Manhunt for the man responsible, or not responsible as the case may be, is only going to end in one way.

Especially after two children, one of which was only aged one, and the other aged five.

Putting the mans picture would be reckless and uncalled for, as the likely out come is not worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Awful.

Heard about the Ballycotten tragedy at lunch time and I sent my Mum an email telling her. She the emailed back about a tragedy in Limerick. I presumed she'd gotten the location mixed up.

How awful for this to happen.

Isn't is strange that both tragedies, thankfully not that common, occurred within just a few hours of each other?

I hope they catch the man and fast. Evidently, to be capable of stabbing 4 people, including 2 children his head must not be in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Two families with young children and babies totally destroyed in one day .

Heartbreaking .... byond words .

Condolances to all the relatives

*deleted*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

such a tragic day, may they RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Mods, perhaps Balfie's post needs to be deleted if Auver's was and mine was where I quoted Auvers?

Report posts if you have an issue with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What part of no speculation don't ye get?

If you can't link to a media source, it didn't happen.

Last warning, bans from here on.

Radio Kerry are now reporting that the suspect may have been captured. I stress, this is only a report.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/live.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Radio Kerry are now reporting that the suspect may have been captured. I stress, this is only a report.

Lets hope its true.

Twin-go wrote: »
    Report posts if you have an issue with them.
    I didn't have a problem with it, but I thought the mods might.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/live.php

None of them will open for me on my laptop sadly. Please keep us all informed if Radio Kerry is the first to report it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Just got an Irish Times text alert that says a man was arrested.

• Advertisement

A man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing to death of a woman, her friend and two children today.

The man, in his early 30s, was arrested in connection with the incident in Kilrush, Co Clare, on the northern side of the Shannon estuary.

The man went missing after the four were killed in the Newcastle-West area of Limerick shortly after lunchtime.

It is understood the suspect was married to one of the women and the two children were aged under five.

The alarm was raised some time after 1pm with the two dead women and two dead children discovered in a house.

The bodies were found inside the home on a housing estate in the town at 1.35pm.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-arrest-man-in-connection-with-stabbing-of-four-in-limerick-482063.html#ixzz15SuFb9JD

Thank God that this man has been found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I am in shock to be honest. Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Horrific day for Cork and Limerick. I'm only down the road from NCW..R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

What a horrible day for those poor families in both incidents,i am speechless :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

qwytre wrote: »
    With the tragedies in Cork and Limrick, 4 children murdered, this has been one of the darkest days I have known. RIP.

it gets even worse

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mans-body-found-in-garden-of-cork-house-482016.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are the two incidents connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Unbelievable stuff this, disgraceful acts from whoever was responsible in these cases. RIP to the victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Heartbreaking events. rest in peace.

fryup wrote: »

At this stage, there is nothing to suggest the two are linked.

A man's body was found in the garden of a house in a Cork suburb this morning.

A passerby called gardaí after seeing the body inside the wall of the garden in Ballinderry Park, Mayfield at around 8am.

Gardaí sealed off the scene and a doctor examined the body.

Assistant state pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster was due to conduct a preliminary post mortem examination at the scene this morning, before the removal of the body to Cork University Hospital.

Gardaí believe however that the death may not be suspicious, but they are anxious to establish his identity and were carrying out local enquiries.

It is understood the man was in his 20s and was not a resident of the house.

:( Really Just a sad day in Ireland.

• Advertisement

all they're talking about on the radio is the economy

i mean on a day like today..who gives a f&ck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Awful news, bad day all around. Puts in your life in perspective. R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Gardaí arrest man in connection with stabbing of four in Limerick
    A man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing to death of a woman, her friend and two children today.

The man, in his early 30s, was arrested in connection with the incident in Kilrush, Co Clare, on the northern side of the Shannon estuary.

The man went missing after the four were killed in the Newcastle-West area of Limerick shortly after lunchtime.

He is now being held at Henry Street Garda station in Limerick city.

The two boys, one a baby under the age of one, the second aged five, were found stabbed to death in the house in Newcastle West this afternoon.

The two women - one of whom is understood to be the children's mother - had also been stabbed.

The alarm was raised some time after 1pm with the two dead women and two dead children discovered in a house.

The bodies were found inside the home on a housing estate in the town at 1.35pm.

Richard Butler, chairman of Limerick County Council, urged people to pray for the relatives of the victims.

"No words can adequately describe the tragedy that has befallen the people of Newcastle West," Mr Butler said.

"Today is a black day for the people of Newcastle West and I would call on the people of County Limerick and, indeed, the rest of the country to pray for the loved ones of those whose lives have been so tragically cut short."

Mr Butler said the close-knit community was in a state of shock and disbelief at the tragedy.

"On behalf of the people of Limerick, I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives in the town today," he added.

Couldn't agree with you more, who cares about the economy when things like this happen in one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

+1

I'm totally shocked. This is the worst thing I've heard in a long time. RIP.

There's nothing to be said about it yet. No facts, so what are they supposed to say? All they can do really is report that it happened.

A bit like this thread, there's no point in discussing it on the radio until more is known - the causes, what could have been done to prevent it etc. And as I tried to point out earlier, we will have a lot more mental health issues in the coming years unfortunately due to 'the economy' (due to financial pressures on families and funding cuts WRT treament and prevention), so don't regard the talk about Ireland being bust as an irrelevance.

It does seem quite a coincidence that all this has happened on one day.:(

It does seem quite a coincidence that all this has happened on one day.:(

yes, very strange ..did one influence the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

So so sad.
    Sympathies to the families.
    R.I.P. little ones.

I can't believe first thing on RTE news is the economy, on a black day like today, I can't believe the economy takes precedence.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

R.I.P to all who died, I just hope there families are left to grieve in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

RIP
    Bring back hanging.

I couldnt believe it when I heard two separate cases.

Too much sorrow for one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

RTE news just said both men unemployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Guys i know we complain of doom and gloom and recession this and fcuking recession that but this is REAL doom and gloom especially for the family's. 4 kids gone in one day.
    Imagine Christmas for them?

People on boards we don't know how lucky we are even if we don't have a red cent!
    RIP little ones:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Whether this has something to do with the economy or not is irrelevant now to those families.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

dave1982 wrote: »
    RTE news just said both men unemployed.

What the hell has that got to do with anything?

• Advertisement

Klim wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking. Being unemployed has nothing to do with the things that happened today.

They may have recently lost their jobs. It may be that they were suffering mental illness/depression due to financial stress. When things like this happen, it's human to ask 'why?'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Depression ?

Something has to trigger someone to do this,it don't just happen for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

They may have recently lost their jobs. It may be that they were suffering mental illness/depression due to financial stress. When things like this happen, it's human to ask 'why?'.

But people suffered from depression/ mental illness when the country was booming so I really can't see what that has to do with anything.
    If anything it sounds like a piss poor excuse for something so horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

No it doesn't. The first thing that should come into your head should be 'My God, those poor families. What a horrible thing to happen'.

Not 'Wonder were they on the dole'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement