Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Four found dead in Co Limerick house

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

It took me a couple of reads to understand you meant 'brought the kids to the house next door'.

Have there been any updates on this today?

I've no idea what happened here but I could imagine that if your mind is in such a
    state where you think the best option for you is death then you might well believe that - poor kids, left without a father - death is the best
    option for everyone.

I have disagree there. I think no matter how messed up a person is, at the end of the day, they can still tell the difference between right and wrong, and murder is wrong! If a person has sever issues, just leave the other victims out of it! How can children defend themselves? It's a coward thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Just read a report of both incidents on the BBC's news website.....they are strongly emphasising that in both cases the perpetrators had previously worked in the construction sector but were both recently unemployed due to Ireland's recession.

It's a bit much for the BBC to be trying to link these awful events to our economic difficulties. None of us know (and will probably never know) what caused these murders but this type of lazy journalism does certainly not help matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

It's a bit much for the BBC to be trying to link these awful events to our economic difficulties. None of us know (and will probably never know) what caused these murders but this type of lazy journalism does certainly not help matters.

Whilst what you say is technically correct, nonetheless, a percentage of the suicide rate has to be related. When people see no future, they become desperate, in effect they become ill and sometimes do desperate things.

The very thought that these mens' children and their grand children will be burdened with debt, well it's emotionally unsettling to say the least.

As a father who lived under the threat of thermonuclear annihilation from both USA and USSR missiles targeted at my home town, I can empathise, if one is not confident of the future ... sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Goldenegg wrote: »
    I have disagree there. I think no matter how messed up a person is, at the end of the day, they can still tell the difference between right and wrong, and murder is wrong! If a person has sever issues, just leave the other victims out of it! How can children defend themselves? It's a coward thing to do!

Well someone in the throws of despair and on the verge of taking their own life as an escape isn't exactly going to be thinking rationally enough to see the effect of their actions through the eyes of anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry folks but now there's just too much speculation and blame throwing for this thread to continue, it will just end up a mess.

I'm locking this and referring to the regional forums for the posters that wishes to express their grief.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement