Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stiff page photobooks

• 16-11-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

A client of mine is looking to have their wedding book printed on solid/ stiff pages, presumably card of some sort. I've never seen this done but theyre positive that they have. Does anyone know of any place that does something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

graphistudio. they are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I was warned off graphistudio by one well known photographer. Anyway, I did sign up for their pricelist but haven't heard back from them at all. Would you be able to forward me a copy? I am a working photographer with a site and all of their other requirements but they're not great at communicating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I have heard good things about www.adoramapix.com but I am not sure they ship here.

There is a video review of one of their books here. Some of the pics in the guys book are NSFW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Highcove (www.photostorie.ie) are similar to Graphistudio and have a showroom you can call to in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

apologies in advance for hijacking the op's thread - but will any of these companies deal with the customer directly? as in - i'll be getting our wedding pics back from the photographer - dvd with full print rights - in a few weeks, can i approach them directly or would it be cheaper on us to get a photographer to order it? if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

I was warned off graphistudio by one well known photographer. Anyway, I did sign up for their pricelist but haven't heard back from them at all. Would you be able to forward me a copy? I am a working photographer with a site and all of their other requirements but they're not great at communicating!

Hmnnn.... well I can only recount my personal experiences to date with them. I choose graphistudio on the basis of recommendations online (here and elsewhere).

I did the google thing and found lots of reviews - a small number negative, but the majority of which were positive (that, in my personal research) - the negative ones were of the kind which you could well be described as 'rants' but that said some people felt compelled to write them so i'm not discounting that there was something behind them - just was a little hard to ascertain exactly where they had problems.

I can only say the albums I have gotten thus far are just stunning and have exceeded my expectations.

They are quite pricey so they won't suit a budget concious client but I found them to be of lesser cost than a traditional style album and there is no comparison. The graphi album wins hands down imho.

In my experience, go for photographic paper, thick stock, and lustre finish. Your choice of cover - the silk is really nice but the crystal glance is really stunning. They have leather options too if your client is looking for it. Also go for a briefcase - they're a few bob extra but well worth it. The standard box is fine, simple and presentable but the briefcase option finishes the overall product offering to your client in a very robust package.

I had no difficulty in signing up for an account. I had my website to point them to, but access to the account took only about a day or two. I registered online and they had me fill in an additional form. They'll enable you to avail of a custom starter sample pack at no cost to you, so you can try them out - they obviously would like you to continue to buy off them. In fact I did it the other way around and did business first then availed of the starter kit.

The ordering I have found a little quirky but I put that down to my own lack of understanding of some of the terminology being used and what their expectations are. I had a number of contacts verifying the details. I just used email and got a response always within about a working day. I also could have just rang through. What I didn't know at the beginning is they have an Irish representative (based in Kilkenny I think). I found this out when he rang me to remind me to avail of the welcome starter pack before the time on it ran out. A nice guy too.

They also accepted multiple sample files from me and responded every time with any changes that I needed to make.

I honestly can't fault the attention they have given me as a client of theirs.

I'll pm you the Irish rep's details and you can give him a buzz.

All in all, positive professional experience to be had with them.

artyeva wrote: »
    apologies in advance for hijacking the op's thread - but will any of these companies deal with the customer directly? as in - i'll be getting our wedding pics back from the photographer - dvd with full print rights - in a few weeks, can i approach them directly or would it be cheaper on us to get a photographer to order it? if that makes sense.

You should find some that deal with the customer directly - Shakespeare for example (doing the boards book) deal with the customer.

The one i'm familiar with graphi-studio (see review above), you have to apply for an account. I didn't find this too arduous but if you need a dig out and wanted to use them, I'd happily place an order for you - eh.... you'd have to do the hard piece of work in designing it -- the ordering is the easy part :) -- That said you will probably get an account but the offer is there if you need any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

thanks a million for that ACD, will see what the story is when we get the dvd back. i was gonna order small photobooks for the mothers in law but i wanted to get a massive tome done up for ourselves with photos from the entire trip in it. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Loxely Colour - Excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the best ones i have seen are from bookedimages in the uk

never actually dealt with them but have looked at their products at shows etc, and they seem the best to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

AnCatDubh, could you please pm me that reps details also. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HelenOster

ttcomet wrote: »
    I have heard good things about www.adoramapix.com but I am not sure they ship here.

Not yet, but it is in the pipeline!

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenO@adorama.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Thanks for all the replies guys, and for those of you who PM'd me the contact details. I'm sorted for Highcove and I've been on to Graphistudio, should have some more options for my clients in the next day or so.

Advertisement