Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler needs servicing

Options
  • 16-11-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow north county dubliners,

Rather than roll the dice with a google search I was hoping for a recommendation for anyone who's had their gas boiler serviced. I've a new house and it's not been done, and the neighbours told me they had to have theirs done before the heating would work properly, and rightly enough, the heating is acting up a bit. Radiators probably need bleeding/tweaking too. But the gas boiler servicing is top of my list.

so recommendations welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'd recommend Apple Gas & Plumbing. Nice bloke, decent prices and is based in Skerries.

01 849 5231

http://applegasandplumbing.goldenpages.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 garboard

I recently got charged 350 euro for the fitting of a new fan on a boiler.

It took the plumber (who did a good job) 40 mins to do the work.

The fan my wife priced separately cost (retail) 195 euro. The boiler is a glowworm micron 120.

He'd also previously charged me a 60 call out charge to assess the problem earlier in the week.

Is this expensive? keen to find out if its the going rate or have i been ripped off?

Thanks Garboard

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi garboard - check in the Consumer Issues or DIY (Electrical or Plumbing & Heating) fora.
    Your issue isn't specific to DCN or relevant to this thread & the other fora will be better sources of information.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

We got a very good guy before Loco. Very reasonable and did a good job. Drop me a text and I'll dig you out his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I used this chap recently. Good service and a very nice guy. Called out in the evening too, which was great

• Advertisement
Advertisement