Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles are now on Apple

Options
  • 16-11-2010 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/

I don't use iTunes. Using iTunes feels like you are donating money. The record industry has a lot of work to do to stop this feeling. They haven't got a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

It's still amazing that it took them so long to get The Beatles on itunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It's still amazing that it took them so long to get The Beatles on itunes

McCartney blamed EMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Yawn - 12.99 for a 30 year old album - wonder if it will appeal to anyone under 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

kmick wrote: »
    Yawn - 12.99 for a 30 year old album - wonder if it will appeal to anyone under 30?

You mean the music or the actual paying for the music?

If you mean the former, you hav'nt a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I grew up in the 60s, my older sisters were bad Beatles fans, me hated them. Not a fan today either, not buying.

It's a huge Meh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ABClassicR on the virgin media channel 952 and the classic rock website playing back to back beatles all day because of todays announcement

http://absoluteclassicrock.co.uk/onair/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The college computer claimed that at 3pm today I would never forget this day.

F*ck you Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Surely anyone who is into the Beatles will either already have their albums or will have gone to the shop to buy them rather than sit and wait for them to become available on itunes. Much ado about absolutly nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Surely anyone who is into the Beatles will either already have their albums or will have gone to the shop to buy them rather than sit and wait for them to become available on itunes. Much ado about absolutly nothing

I would have thought so but I'm sure they'll still find their way onto the itunes charts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Starting in about 18 months the copyright is going to run out on Beatles Songs as they'll be 50 years old.

I reckon they'll be free to download, cheap to buy then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I love the whole remasterd Beatles CD's from last year which added a whole new sound demension to their music and am delighted to see that some of it has returned to you tube .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Starting in about 18 months the copyright is going to run out on Beatles Songs as they'll be 50 years old.

I reckon they'll be free to download, cheap to buy then.

it was extended to 70 years - you'll have to wait until 2032 before you can (legally) download Love Me Do for free I'm afraid.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8014734.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I have all the CDs already. Downloading is the work of the devil, CDs all the way.

Advertisement