Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We're All Screwed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

dave1982 wrote: »
    I swear to God what a bunch of lying bastards Cowen and Lienihan.They have sworn blind that there had been ZERO talk's about a bailout.Yet now it appears they have been

They have been taking orders from europe for over two years now!
    Did you seriously believe they went ahead with the bank guarantee off their own bat?

Seriously? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I swear to God what a bunch of lying bastards Cowen and Lienihan.They have sworn blind that there had been ZERO talk's about a bailout.Yet now it appears they have been

Why lie so aggressively for the last few days,when they had to have known the truth would outed.

It's OK though

we are fully funded to the middle of next year.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't think they were lying tbh. I reckon they've been doing their best to avoid it from happening over the last few days. The bail out seems more for the benefit of the euro than for Ireland. There's a few countries opposed to the fact that we we're being bullied into this even though we don't need a bailout just yet.

The varying reports and reluctance of anyone to just bite the bullet and announce the move suggests it was a late decision, probably compounded by the speculation and fear over the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Seriously can it be any worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

FF bloke on BBC Newsnight now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LOL - that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ah i'm just sooo sick of it. Get on with it already!!

Think they are trying to wear us down with all this bull. Like we have a say in it anyway :rolleyes:

It's like a doctor waving the big needle in your face for an hour before stabbing ya with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Listening to prime time outline the measures they might impose eg slashing public sector pay, slashing welfare ect it might not be the worst thing that ever happened!

Maybe. Would the humiliation be worth it? At this stage it seems we have no choice.

UK Might be giving us some money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

sire why should we be told what's going on!! it's not like the burden will be coming down on top of 99% of the population who are outside the golden circle

I hope the electorate turns against our political elite and run them out of OUR country!! eggs, paint, excrement is all fair game from now on as far as I'm concerned!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

The bail out seems more for the benefit of the euro than for Ireland.

Shouldn't that be our trump card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

OPENROAD wrote: »
    FF bloke on BBC Newsnight now

Dick Roche seems very cheery on Newsnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I think they are just coming over to have a snoop not coming over for a full blown take over. JUST YET

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Why lie so aggressively for the last few days,when they had to have known the truth would outed.

It's OK though

we are fully funded to the middle of next year.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Perhaps (I hope not, but it is possible) they were hoping to stall announcement until after the Donegal seat is contested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

We have funds until the middle of next year, how f*cked are we before the summer??? Our 10 year bonds will cost 15% never mind 9%!!

Thanks ze Gotts Ich spreche ze Gherman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Holy crap. You turn your back for one minute & the thread turns onto a serious discussion.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I just heard this on the news:

At 5pm today, the EMF are going to take over Ireland & the EU are going to get their balls out for Brian Cowen.

It's unbelievable.

Oh yeah, well speak for yourself or change your TV channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Elevator wrote: »
    sire why should we be told what's going on!! it's not like the burden will be coming down on top of 99% of the population who are outside the golden circle

I hope the electorate turns against our political elite and run them out of OUR country!! eggs, paint, excrement is all fair game from now on as far as I'm concerned!!

Unfortunately the electorate is made up of enough Gob****es to vote them back in!
    Paranoia, brown envelopes and good dose of "I knew your father" always see's them through!:(

Oh yeah, well speak for yourself or change your TV channel.

Eh? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Holy crap. You turn your back for one minute & the thread turns onto a serious discussion.

:mad:

I liked it better when I was in charge. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

This is not good, for anyone thinking that the IMF coming in will be in any way postive, dig a little deeper and you will see a far right organisation in terms of economic and developmental policies. Scary stuff. The leaders of this country should be ashamed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

you heard the man, change the channel, NOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

eh, what's up doc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

branners69 wrote: »
    We have funds until the middle of next year

Cowen will admit in a his memoirs that the 'funds until the middle of next year' qoute was actually in relation to his beer money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Koloman wrote: »
    Dick Roche seems very cheery on Newsnight.

Yeah; sure there's no problem.
    It's just those zany markets acting irrationally.
    We're loaded, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Nemi

Like many, I've a sense of resignation over the whole thing. So long as we stay in the eurozone, I find I don't really care. I'd rather have a pay cut, but actually be paid something in a currency that has some value, than be paid in rolls of toilet paper embossed with a harp.

Back to the music

Look out, Mama, there's a white boat comin' up the river
    With a big red beacon, and a flag, and a man on the rail
    I think you'd better call John,
    'Cause it don't look like they're here to deliver the mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Hang on. I turned on RTE player at 5pm, and there was the po-faced unelected, gormless 'leader' of our country telling us there have been no talks about the IMF, EMF, UVF, FFS or whatever. And then there's reports of 'talks intensifying' on the news. So either it's the fastest u-turn by any government in the history of the state, or that prick Cowen actually lied to our faces, our faces being the cameras in the Dail. What the hell is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Here we are folks, write what you will but I wouldn't expect them to give a toss

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/contact

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I wish our government would at least have some self respect and step down.

Those pricks wont walk and we dont have the balls as a people to push them. We are weak, we are pathethic and we deserve all we are going to get for letting the gimps back into government.
    We sit here, at home or in work (those of us lucky enough to still have a job) and whinge. We are dedicated whingers now.

Who's going to stand up for change? God fúcking help us if there's ever a war because we cant wipe our own arses let alone fight for our lives.

I'm still confused, are the IMF definitely coming in.

By the way Vincent Browne now TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

This is not good, for anyone thinking that the IMF coming in will be in any way postive, dig a little deeper and you will see a far right organisation in terms of economic and developmental policies. Scary stuff. The leaders of this country should be ashamed :mad:

Our gang maybe incompetent lying bastards, but their our incompetent lying bastards!
    There is little or nothing positive about the IMF coming in here.
    Scary stuff indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I don't think they were lying tbh. I reckon they've been doing their best to avoid it from happening over the last few days. The bail out seems more for the benefit of the euro than for Ireland. There's a few countries opposed to the fact that we we're being bullied into this even though we don't need a bailout just yet.

The varying reports and reluctance of anyone to just bite the bullet and announce the move suggests it was a late decision, probably compounded by the speculation and fear over the last few days.

I can see your point of view clearly

I just think it would be better for them to have said.

Look we have been approached by EU to accept a bailout,but we feel Ireland can recover from this ourselves.We are meeting with them Tuesday we will know more then.

To me small things like that mean a lot besides no no no thats not happening we know nothing about that.

And the famous Ireland is fully funded into the middle of next year

Oh **** :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Nemi

themadchef wrote: »
    We are weak, we are pathethic and we deserve all we are going to get for letting the gimps back into government.
    Its not that we're especially weak. Its that we haven't really enough of a common purpose to watch out for each other. I mean, look at how we collectively moved heaven and earth to keep property prices as high as possible for the last two years. Put the same effort into something productive, and we'd have a man on the moon.

But same difference; I'm really only arseing around. It leaves us here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

But is it not true that the IMF cant make us do f*ck all?

I reckon take all the cash from the EU we can and then try the aul : no comprehenez, je suis Irlandais, danke schone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

A bit of protest? Won't do much at this stage.

Full on Coup ftw. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

pat rabbit just confirmed it we are ****e*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Here we are folks, write what you will but I wouldn't expect them to give a toss

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/contact

done

"shame on the lot of ye

the lies and bull we've had to endure for years will never be forgotten

the country awaits a new government so fianna fails days are finally numbered

you are the weakest link, goodbye"

wank3rs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

are your other 11,523 posts as amazing as this one?
    Right back atcha, some would say.

• Advertisement

DERICKOO wrote: »

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

Elevator wrote: »
    link?

Vincent Browne

We vote for the least little thing yet this will be imposed on us by this shower of cúnts?

We should have a say in this should we not? Take it to the country, take it to the polls and by Christ if anyone in this country EVER ticks a FF box on a ballot paper after this they'ed want to be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

DERICKOO wrote: »

Pat Rabbit isn't in a position to confirm anything , he can only surmise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Some fella on liveline today said

It won't be until 10-15 years time,when Cowen sitting on his couch watching reeling in years 2010,that he will realize he ****ed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

We vote for the least little thing yet this will be imposed on us by this shower of cúnts?

We should have a say in this should we not? Take it to the country, take it to the polls and by Christ if anyone in this country EVER ticks a FF box on a ballot paper after this they'ed want to be shot.

Yet they will tick that box....die hard FF supporters are blinkered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

pavb2 wrote: »
    I think that's the P.L.O.
    :DOr it could be the Electric Light Orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

shivs wrote: »
    Vincent Browne

Aw, Jerry Springers on, is it worth switchin?

*switches*

Some paunchy auld lads in suits waffling.....zzzZZZzzZZZzzzzz

EMF2010 wrote: »
    I liked it better when I was in charge. :p

You're time in charge was short lived, but much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Nemi wrote: »
    Like many, I've a sense of resignation over the whole thing. So long as we stay in the eurozone, I find I don't really care. I'd rather have a pay cut, but actually be paid something in a currency that has some value, than be paid in rolls of toilet paper embossed with a harp.

Back to the music

Look out, Mama, there's a white boat comin' up the river
    With a big red beacon, and a flag, and a man on the rail
    I think you'd better call John,
    'Cause it don't look like they're here to deliver the mail

God Bless Neil Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

35% of people in the Donegal by election are expected to vote for FF. Says it all really.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement