Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We're All Screwed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Summary: Take it and incur the burden of the IMF and increased EU regulation.

Don't take it and incur the wrath of the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

Aw, Jerry Springers on, is it worth switchin?

*switches*

Some paunchy auld lads in suits waffling.....zzzZZZzzZZZzzzzz

Yep! I know.........just happened to turn over meself!
    Jerry makes more sense than the aul gobeens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

To be honest, it is incredibly unrealistic for us to think we're getting out of any situation without being severely screwed. In no country in the world is an elected government going to put the people before the interests of the friends of the gentry, the bondholders of this world, big-business and the banks. Democracy, and capitalism are just two systems to fuck us. To think that there's any way for us to get out of this debacle with as small a hit to the little guy is just fantasy. And all the bitching and moaning is going to get us nowhere. All we can do is sit back and watch the tidal-wave of shit roll over us. Or get up and burn the Dail to the ground, be that metaphorically or literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

The sooner someone comes in to remove these idiots from Office the better.

FF = TREASON ! SCULLDUGGERY. THEFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Would be nice and romantic to think there is an Irish solution to this Irish problem but once the IMF moves in, it will be out of Irish hands . And that's for every Irish person is just as hard to take if not harder , knowing it was Irish bankers and goverment who got the country in the mess in the first place .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    God Bless Neil Young

"I've seen the Euro and the damage done..
    A little part of it in everyone...
    But every/this governments like a setting sun"..

As a fighter it almost kills me to say this.. But I've a sense of resignation of defeat. I think if this was a fight I was in I'd tapout and be done with the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

As a fighter it almost kills me to say this.. But I've a sense of resignation of defeat. I think if this was a fight I was in I'd tapout and be done with the loss.

thanks for that.

resignation is an apt word. I feel that anyone who can disrupt Fianna Fail is a good thing for Ireland right now.

Break the SYSTEM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Whatever you have you can take off 20%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

What a bad day today was with those poor people being killed in Limerick and Cork and all of this stuff too. I just read the 'beggars in the city' thread and lots of people still have their heads up their arses with real 'i'm alright **** everyone else attitudes'. I really feel sad, I know it sound dramatic but I don't remember a day like this before for the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What a bad day today was with those poor people being killed in Limerick and Cork and all of this stuff too. I just read the 'beggars in the city' thread and lots of people still have their heads up their arses with real 'i'm alright **** everyone else attitudes'. I really feel sad, I know it sound dramatic but I don't remember a day like this before for the country.

Have some perspective will you? Ireland not qualifying for the World Cup was far, far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have some perspective will you? Ireland not qualifying for the World Cup was far, far worse.

Pretty much a year to the day too. FML!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Hey hey, my my
    gombeen ireland will never die
    theres more to NAMA than meets the eye
    hey hey my my

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hey hey, my my
    hey hey my my

We're going to America!!

Hey hey, my my
    hey hey my my
    Like?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/contact

Tell them what you think. No point in posting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

shivs wrote: »
    Like?????????

Its a twist on a Neil Young song.. Hit him back with your own man!.

Its a twist on a Neil Young song.. Hit him back with your own man!.

I figured that bit out (all on my own!!!!!!!!) Just looking for the good bits in NAMA.......:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think seeing as we escaped this black hole, everything going to be just fine. I'm off to sleep.

We're going to America!!

Fr. Buzz Cagney: You know what I do with $400? I wipe my ass with it.

Father Ted: Good God. And can that still be used as legal tender?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Abandon all Hope all ye who enter here!!!:rolleyes: All is lost!!!:rolleyes: Dogs and cats living together......mass hysteria!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Long gone , the damage done .....

think I'll slide out under the door hit the sack now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

But sure loike can't we all still go surfin' loike and meet up with Caoimhe and Oisin for a couple of pints loike! Surfing and highlighted wavy hair ruined this country.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Ah Jaysus, sur twas only a year ago when we were all up in arms when the bould Henry put his hand on the ball and denied us a place in the world cup, what a difference a year makes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

cursai wrote: »
    But sure loike can't we all still go surfin' loike and meet up with Caoimhe and Oisin for a couple of pints loike! Surfing and highlighted wavy hair ruined this country.
    :pac:
    No way dude... :eek: I thought it was the banks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I know. We'll sell cheese. No outlay, 100% profit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Whats with all these threads today saying the IMF are taking over!!
    idiots!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not the first scare mongering thread we've had from the OP

Realy starbelgrade I went to feedback and DeVore over your "friend of a friend works in BOI and everyone is withdrawing their money" thread a few months back

Pure hysteria so what's this this thread about

It may be After Hours but sorry, not particulary funny
    I remember what Joe Duffy started with Northern Trust

:D I'd forgotten all about that thread.

Wasn't as good as the "Building A Cooker On Ground Zero" one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Is anyone watching Sky news?

The IMF are arriving here tomorrow.
    Apparently the dole is being cut to €98 p/w and 20,000 public sector jobs will be cut within the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Terry wrote: »
    Is anyone watching Sky news?

The IMF are arriving here tomorrow.
    Apparently the dole is being cut to €98 p/w and 20,000 public sector jobs will be cut within the next two weeks.

:eek: Can a has-been pop band DO all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Realy starbelgrade I went to feedback and DeVore over your "friend of a friend works in BOI and everyone is withdrawing their money" thread a few months back

Pure hysteria so what's this this thread about

It may be After Hours but sorry, not particulary funny
    I remember what Joe Duffy started with Northern Trust

Have you looked at your feedback thread? DeV copped onto what starbelgrade's original post was about..pity a lot of other people didn't.

I dunno, maybe you have to over a certain age or something to have got it.
    It makes me sad that i am over that age! :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You sayin' I'm old?! :p

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Would the last person down the pan please remember to pull the chain on the way, thanks. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ngggggggggggggh

THE OP WAS MAKING A BAD JOKE!!!
    I just heard this on the news:
    At 5pm today, the EMF are going to take over Ireland & the EU are going to get their balls out for Brian Cowen.

It's unbelievable.

DeV.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Have you looked at your feedback thread? DeV copped onto what starbelgrade's original post was about..pity a lot of other people didn't.

I dunno, maybe you have to over a certain age or something to have got it.
    It makes me sad that i am over that age! :pac:

I'm baffled that a thread about the EMF & Brian Cowen balls could have turned into a serious discussion. I don't think it's an age thing either... I think some people are just so wound up by the media reports on the economy that half the country is going bleedin' mental.

Must be all the cheese everyone's eating before bed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I think after 10 pages of ranting it is worth just reminding everyone that the morning after the bailout, the sun will still rise, our kids will still have their cornflakes and get ready for school, we will still have a roof over our heads and dinner on the table. For goodness sake, relax a bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well I fully believe starbelgrade's OP, I heard along the grapevine that the cheese we're being given is nothing more than Playdo

And that the HIV are going to take us over

And that people on the dole will actually have to PAY €196 instead of being given it a week.

And that our fuel resources are being switched to cats.

And that there'll be a supposed tea shortage in around Feb-March 2011

And that Boards will become a 1 Thread per month website as funds for the servers vanish.

Ooooh, oooooh, and Brennan's Bread are moving their factories over to Poland.

And the only way to keep this country afloat is to sell it on Ebay.

And that we'll all have to switch back to dial-up.

And that RTÈ will become BBC

And that our hospitals will be sold off and transformed into Leprechaun parks.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Ooooh, oooooh, and Brennan's Bread are moving their factories over to Poland.

Please stop trying to scaremonger people - that will never happen.

The rest is all true, so why tag in a lie at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Please stop trying to scaremonger people - that will never happen.

The rest is all true, so why tag in a lie at the end?

This is my first political scaremongering on Boards, I wanted to do it right :(

Also, 2011 won't exist in Ireland as I've heard Brian Lennihan sold that year off to Germany to pay of parts of our debts.

So next year will be just known as...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well I fully believe starbelgrade's OP, I heard along the grapevine
    that there'll be a supposed tea shortage in around Feb-March 2011

Cowen giving up up the beer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Id just like to thank all those idiots who voted in FF. Thanks for ruining the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Ian Dempsey played "Unbelievable" on the radio this morning. I chuckled.

starbelgrade, I enjoyed your post anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

frazer.jpg

I love this guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

do the IMF were dark suits and shades like in the matrix , and carry uzi's

Diapason wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey played "Unbelievable" on the radio this morning. I chuckled.

starbelgrade, I enjoyed your post anyway!

I heard that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I heard they eat shovels and spades, and the farmers won't be able to dig, and we'll have no food in about an hour after they arrive.

Can't we just hold them up in the airport for ages with confusing signs, and not putting their baggage onto the carousel?

I heard they eat shovels and spades, and the farmers won't be able to dig, and we'll have no food in about an hour after they arrive.

Can't we just hold them up in the airport for ages with confusing signs, and not putting their baggage onto the carousel?

That happens anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That happens anyway.

See, those crafty people in DAA knew this was going to happen.

And if we follow this up with giving the usual Irish directions such as, "Go way down dat road, and when you come to de big tree, you've gone too far. Turn around an go back to Big Pats' field, and turn around again, an go back down de road again. And turn off after the big tree. And de road kinda goes left...."

That'll learn 'em for coming in here and sorting out our mess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Why don't we sell the whole country to China? They could write off everyone's debts and kickstart the economy with their pocket change, while establishing a foothold in Europe for trade/invasion. It's win/win!

Oh, and somehow I don't think the unions wouldn't be such a pain in the ass anymore :D

Advertisement