Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We're All Screwed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Why don't we sell the whole country to China? They could write off everyone's debts and kickstart the economy with their pocket change, while establishing a foothold in Europe for trade/invasion. It's win/win!

Oh, and somehow I don't think the unions wouldn't be such a pain in the ass anymore :D
    ya know, that is a not a bad idea at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭veruca salt

Why don't we sell the whole country to China? They could write off everyone's debts and kickstart the economy with their pocket change, while establishing a foothold in Europe for trade/invasion. It's win/win!

Oh, and somehow I don't think the unions wouldn't be such a pain in the ass anymore :D

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

For the last couple of days, the main topical issue in the country has been the "bail out" by IMF and the EMF.

Like anyone who has a vested interest in Ireland, the news has caused ripples from the media to the ordinary man on the street. I am not posting this to discuss the effects of accepting the bail-out or whether Ireland really has come to a point where it needs intervention for survival.

I am more concerned about the negativity being expressed by lots of folks about the situation. It is so amusing that some people find the current situation as some sort of vindication of a long-term concept that they have always had about Ireland. I agree that the current government led by Brian Cowen has been irresolute in their handling of the situation which has made matters worse and it has given a lot of TV-hungry ,attention seeking jounalists and commentators unecceasary airtime.

In a nutshell,it is this attitude of negativity that the markets thrive on to prey on the weak!...alternatively, about an attitude that depicts self confidence , takes whatever is thrown at you and still stands tall? Yes, Xmas this year will not be as nice as it was 3 years ago but it could be worse. The incoming generation are carefully watching how this plays out, lets be part of the solution ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

And another thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'll calm down when all the fcuking threads on the economy stops :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 The Boss Of You

You're not the boss of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

KINGVictor wrote: »
    For the last couple of days, the main topical issue in the country has been the "bail out" by IMF and the EMF.

'You're unbelievable....WHOA!'

Don't forget the KLF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Living in France and basically we are just waiting for Ireland to wake up and smell the coffee and accept that its bankrupt.

Basically Ireland will be forced into accepting money from the ECB-IMF. Last thing the euro-zone needs is a small country the population of the city of Manchester crashing the whole company. It be like the Lisbon treaty all over again. Remember Ireland said no and then they had to vote again??? Well basically its the same outcome. Ireland can say NO all it wants...but the EU will INSIST they take the handout to calm the bond markets...being Irish im staying put in France...id advice any people working in Ireland to get out as your salary and taxes are going to be screwed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

the EMF

Great band in their day, shame their most famous hit was used to advertise everything from breakfast cereal to feminine hygene products :(

Living in France and basically we are just waiting for Ireland to wake up and smell the coffee and accept that its bankrupt.

Basically Ireland will be forced into accepting money from the ECB-IMF. Last thing the euro-zone needs is a small country the population of the city of Manchester crashing the whole company. It be like the Lisbon treaty all over again. Remember Ireland said no and then they had to vote again??? Well basically its the same outcome. Ireland can say NO all it wants...but the EU will INSIST they take the handout to calm the bond markets...being Irish im staying put in France...id advice any people working in Ireland to get out as your salary and taxes are going to be screwed over.

With respect it's easy to leave but it takes guts and determination to stay and help rebuild Ireland, that's true character.

(also the EU is not the boss of us)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'll calm down when I live in a country with a moderately stable economy. This crap is real, we're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

(also the EU is not the boss of us)
    Then who the fcuk took all our fish?

I am calm HOW DARE YOU TELL ME I'M NOT CALM WHY I'LL... !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Then who the fcuk took all our fish?

Captain Birdseye....bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

[Scouse accent] all rite, all rite, Calm down, calm down [/Scouse accent]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

themadchef wrote: »

What is that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

If you don't like it GTFO

They do though don't they though

(plus you're not the boss of me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I am more concerned about the negativity being expressed by lots of folks about the situation.

Because there's so much positivity to take out of the situation, isn't there?

Yes, Xmas this year will not be as nice as it was 3 years ago but it could be worse.

Indeed, and its just about to get a whole lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Great band in their day, shame their most famous hit was used to advertise everything from breakfast cereal to feminine hygene products :(

They must've gotten some serious dosh in royalties all the same though if they can afford to bail us out!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The EMF. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

ce59d486c3cda3dccdb69009d4cf16ec.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    What is that from?

I think it was Lord of the Rings, but not certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

When you rest, you are a king surveying your estate. Look at the woodland, the peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

The EMF. :D

Your fault :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

It was The Scousers :D

Ha I googled it!!!! :p

When you rest, you are a king surveying your estate. Look at the woodland, the peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

That show was brilliant!!! Ive swallowed the little book of calm!!!

• Advertisement

That show was brilliant!!! Ive swallowed the little book of calm!!!

Ah good girl, always nice to know a girl that swallows. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.

Ah good girl, always nice to know a girl that swallows. :)

I thank you , I thank you *takes a bow*

Back to the title ... I think we are all a pretty mellow bunch here, I dont see the problem?

'You're unbelievable....WHOA!'

Don't forget the KLF

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=european+monetary+fund

Unfortunately, that is what the current EU fund for failed economies will transform into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I think the bnp should be told to fcuk off and stick their 80 euro up their bollocgks we can sell our off shore gas reserves to feed our young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Get away from me, priest..... I made the IMF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lock up your swans.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Because there's so much positivity to take out of the situation, isn't there?

I understand that...but dont you think feeding the negativity will make matters worse. A lot of countries are facing economic uncertainty but the smart ones are being pragmatic about finding viable solutions instead of resorting to self pity...

Indeed, and its just about to get a whole lot worse.

How so? the supermarkets are still busy for a distressed economy....Im not suggesting Obama's style of the economics that believe that the economy will correct itself at its own time but there is meaningful economic activity out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So you're saying it's not time to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Well that's disappointing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

What is that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Beat me to it :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Scouserists.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What fcuking planet is Cowen on??????????????

jesus this is a total shambles:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

What fcuking planet is Cowen on??????????????

He's on the last train to Trans-central !!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

fair play IMF :) they walked around town no
    fancy cars, audi's, mercs etc they have my respect for that
    those lazy, fat, greedy fcukers in the Dail get walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Max Keiser tells it as it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQFHgcFlrlw

Brilliant, the country is now officially bankrupt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 John I am

A large loan, a contingency plan, a bail out, a dig out WTF is all this double speak, the dog in the street knows what going on. NAMA didn't work the banks are insolvent, there is a danger of a bank run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

So what time does the public lynching of the bankers and Fianna Fail start at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 John I am

Well they are setting up the stocks on O Connell street so keep all your rotten vegetables.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Oh Danny Boy, die Rohre sind die Rohre Aufruf
    Von Tal zu Tal und den Berg hinunter Seite
    Der Sommer ist gegangen, und alle Blumen sterben
    ‘Tis Sie, es ist mußt du gehen, und ich muss abwarten.
    Aber kommt ihr zurück, wenn der Sommer auf der Wiese ist
    Oder wenn das Tal still und weiß mit Schnee
    ‘Tis Ich werde hier sein im Sonnenschein oder im Schatten
    Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy, ich liebe dich so.

Und wenn Sie kommen, wenn alle Blumen sterben
    Und ich bin tot, tot wie ich gut sein kann
    Sie kommen und finden Sie die Stelle, wo ich liege
    Und knien und sagen, ein “Ave” für mich da.

Und ich werde hören, tho ‘weichen Sie mich über Lauffläche
    Und alle meine Träume werden warm und süßer sein
    Wenn Sie nicht umhin, mir zu sagen, dass du mich liebst
    Ich werde einfach in Frieden schlafen, bis du zu mir kommen.

Ich werde einfach in Frieden schlafen, bis du zu mir kommen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement