Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Spray Tattoos - Starter Kit?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭

My O/H has wanted to be a tattoo artist for nearly a decade and whenever we're in the position for her to be able to do an apprenticeship (i.e. when the kids are both in school) she'll probably go on to do it.

I was thinking of surprising her this christmas with the necessary gear to start up a small side-line in doing temporary tatts at parties / doing temporary tatts for friends etc.

Anyone know of an Irish company that sells starter kits with the air gun, compressor, ink etc? Or even a good idea of how much I'd be looking at to get her started? All google seems to throw up are American 'Start your own business sites"...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You can actually buy the smaller kits in those art supply shops (can't remember the name, there's one upstairs in the Jervis...) but they just come with cans of compressed air, rather than a compressor. The problem with doing the temporary tattoos is needing to have either very well made stencils, in a material that will last, or having lots of copies of the different stencils, as there's no such thing as just free-hand temporary tattooing, as you're essentially spray painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Can the nozzles on the spray guns not be adjusted to focus the spray to a small area?

Think she might be a bit disappointed with just a stencil set... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Certainly not with the cheapish sets, I really don't know about (or if there are!) more expensive sets that allow you to do that. Either way, you're looking at spray painting someone, so there's no hope of smooth sharply defined lines without stencils.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If she really wants to do temporary work without stencils maybe henna might be the way to go. There seems to bit a bit of interest in it and I can't think of anybody who does it here.

Advertisement