Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering with 2nd year visa

Options
  • 16-11-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Im heading back to oz soon on my 2nd year visa, having been back home for a year.

What are the odds of me getting stopped at the airport and what will I be asked, I have the immigration form filled out and signed although the person I worked for has moved and may have a different number.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

if you did your 88 Days legitimatley then you wont have a problem

If you are chancin yer Arm then you deseerve whatever you get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Just bring all your payslips and group certs for that employer and there should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Have you got a 2ndWHV granted?
    If so then just bring a copy of the details you used on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

whats the group cert? I have a few invoices as I was working ABN. Didn't get payslips.

I have the form it has the boss's mobile number so should be ok and visa is granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The documents you used to get the 2nd WHV should be fine to get you by any check at the airport.

• Advertisement

Still in all... that guy Declan Dooley who got deported was actually granted the 2nd holiday visa before he arrived. Wasn't until he got to the Sydney did they ask him to produce the evidence for it so having the visa already granted is not necessarily a green light.

Whos Declan Dooley?

I have the form filled out and also the boss will be expecting a phone call on the day I arrive, going back working with him so should be ok.
    I just hate being interrogated. I'd be nervous as f*ck.

Yea declan did bad.

I did the work so I'll be ok, the official in the video seemed sound so mightn't be too bad being questioned.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Enzo_V12

On another side to getting your second year, if you apply in Australia and get accepted but leave before your first year is up, does this put a hold on your second year starting?!

Im in Oz now but my visa is up the 10th December, ive done 4 months to get my second year so well over the required ammount but have not applied for the 2nd year just yet. I plan on going to New Zealand for a few months and home (Ireland) for a few too. Thinking of coming back over next June/July.

I know you can apply for it back home either. What do people think for experience (if you have done something similar) would be best??

Cheers.

• Advertisement

If you apply for 2nd year visa while in oz it starts straight away, if your not going back until june your better off waiting and applying at home before you head back

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

i've just been granted my second visa, (from ireland) and heading back over in january. it's been a few years since i've been there but i know a few people who have been back to oz on their second visa and having applied for from ireland.

basically there is no hassle whatsoever as long as u can answer some questions they might ask u, like whats the name of the local bar by the farm you worked, or the name of the next town, fruit that was picked etc etc. they have a list of questions and they're liable to ask u 3 of them, i'm told. It's just so customs can determine whether you've paid some farmer to sign a few forms to get u your second visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

I got stopped by immigration when i came back on my 2nd year visa. Had payslips from my job anyway so was sorted. If you didnt do the 88 days, your chances are slim id say. Check my post in the 'Hows life in australia' thread, cant link because on a mobile.

Claasman wrote: »
    Check my post in the 'Hows life in australia' thread, cant link because on a mobile.

It's alright I can do it on my mobile

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67633255&postcount=1085

I have a scan of some invoices as I worked ABN and also have the actual form filled out by my employer. I also rang him just to make sure he still had the number and would be expecting a call when I land. So all is good.

One of my friends got questioned by them for 2 and a half hours!! He said he was ****ting himself, but got through it in the end, he didnt have the form from the application

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Claasman wrote: »
    I got stopped by immigration when i came back on my 2nd year visa. Had payslips from my job anyway so was sorted. If you didnt do the 88 days, your chances are slim id say. Check my post in the 'Hows life in australia' thread, cant link because on a mobile.

hi classman, i have no payslips or anything to show them, as it's about seven years since i was there. But i have the farmers signature on the form and his cntact details and says i've woked about 95 days or something like that. Shouldn't that be ok? If the customs were to call him he'd know who i am.

well i've just read ur post in the other link. I have no proof other than the form and the farmers word. Shouldn't they accept that as it's been so long since i was there

Advertisement